Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AJ Green
(11-24-2015, 08:37 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: They had ~15 reception each in 2012 LOL!!! Man they must have had a HUGE impact in 2012. Hilarious

So is it the recevers or Qb that's inconsistent?
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 09:07 PM)Fresno B Wrote: So is it the recevers or Qb that's inconsistent?

It's that they weren't on the field enough. They were sitting on the bench.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 08:37 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: They had ~15 reception each in 2012 LOL!!! Man they must have had a HUGE impact in 2012. Hilarious

I never said that they had a huge impact (Though having a combined 600 yards through 11 games of starting really isn't that horrible.  That's on pace for just under 1000....something that a lot of team's #2s don't get to).  I was just correcting your lies....again.  There are 4 receivers who started for this team in 2012, contrary to the 1 that you're saying. Facts.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 09:25 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I never said that they had a huge impact (Though having a combined 600 yards through 11 games of starting really isn't that horrible.  That's on pace for just under 1000....something that a lot of team's #2s don't get to).  I was just correcting your lies....again.  There are 4 receivers who started for this team in 2012, contrary to the 1 that you're saying. Facts.

Those 3 were on the bench more than they were on the field. They were not starters. They had ~15 receptions each in the whole year. Even if that was only for 11 games (combined) that's still nothing. To try and act like those three were starters is silly. Someone who "starts" 3 games in a season isn't a starter. Facts.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 09:38 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Those 3 were on the bench more than they were on the field. They were not starters. They had ~15 receptions each in the whole year. Even if that was only for 11 games (combined) that's still nothing. To try and act like those three were starters is silly. Someone who "starts" 3 games in a season isn't a starter. Facts.

No matter how you want to justify it, you still said that these 3 players started 0 games when in reality, they started 11.  This is just the latest embellishment or flat out lie by you. You're gaining a reputation for it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
AJ is not elite by any measurement. Good yes, but not someone who can be trusted when its all on the line. I only wish AD realized this. So many times you see AD go to AJ with something stupid hoping for something spectacular. Man, he needs to stop that shit and pan the field. That will be the next thing they need to work on with AD. He is panning once, maybe twice and the firing. He has missed a lot of great wide open receivers. However, I am not bitching. He is far above and beyond where he was last year and headed in the right direction. It won't take long before AD is able to really make us proud. But cutting the umbilical from AJ is one of the first steps.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 09:58 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: No matter how you want to justify it, you still said that these 3 players started 0 games when in reality, they started 11.  This is just the latest embellishment or flat out lie by you. You're gaining a reputation for it.

Stop trying to act like I lie. You're just trying to make it seem like im lying for what ever reason. You know what I mean when I said they weren't starters. You just want to take it litterally, so it would make me look bad. Its funny because it just makes you look like a tool.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 10:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: AJ is not elite by any measurement. Good yes, but not someone who can be trusted when its all on the line. I only wish AD realized this. So many times you see AD go to AJ with something stupid hoping for something spectacular. Man, he needs to stop that shit and pan the field. That will be the next thing they need to work on with AD. He is panning once, maybe twice and the firing. He has missed a lot of great wide open receivers. However, I am not bitching. He is far above and beyond where he was last year and headed in the right direction. It won't take long before AD is able to really make us proud. But cutting the umbilical from AJ is one of the first steps.

Troof.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 07:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No they can't.  This is getting ridiculous.

Yes....they can. There's a reason he has disappeared in so many big games.

Ike Taylor was able to keep him in check.
Joe Haden was able to keep him in check.
Patrick Peterson was able to keep him in check.
The seahawks finally had sherman follow him and kept him in check.

And those are just ones I can think of off the top of my head. Teams who have a good #1 CB do very well in keeping AJ in check. He is not a WR who will get his despite the coverage. Dez Bryant does that, Megatron does that (he even caught a TD against us with 3 CBs draped on him), D. Thomas on the broncos will do that. Antonio Brown will do that. All those WRs will get theirs no matter who is put on them. That's what makes them superior to Green.

My biggest beef with him is not making the contested catches. He needs to do that to be considered one of the very top WRs.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:35 AM)Beaker Wrote: Yes....they can. There's a reason he has disappeared in so many big games.

Ike Taylor was able to keep him in check.
Joe Haden was able to keep him in check.
Patrick Peterson was able to keep him in check.
The seahawks finally had sherman follow him and kept him in check.

And those are just ones I can think of off the top of my head. Teams who have a good #1 CB do very well in keeping AJ in check. He is not a WR who will get his despite the coverage. Dez Bryant does that, Megatron does that (he even caught a TD against us with 3 CBs draped on him), D. Thomas on the broncos will do that. Antonio Brown will do that. All those WRs will get theirs no matter who is put on them. That's what makes them superior to Green.

My biggest beef with him is not making the contested catches. He needs to do that to be considered one of the very top WRs.

I have posted the numbers that prove this is not true.

This is ridiculous.  You just make up stuff and claim it is true.

How is it possible that Green is just as productive if not more productive than all these other WRs if he is easy to shut down and they are not?  That does not even make any sense.

In 2014 Dez Bryant got shut down in the playoffs, and had 5 games where he was held to fewer than 50 yards.  In 2013 he also had 5 games where he was held to fewer than 50 yards.  

Last year the Colts held Thomas to 58 yards in the playoff game, and he had 3 other regular season games where he was held to fewer than 50 yards. 

Ike Taylor?  Are you kidding me?  Green owns the Steelers.  In 9 career games he has 63 catches for 805 yards and 5 tds against the,

Haden has given him some problems at times but Green has also has games of 110 yds and 135 yds against him.

You claim the Seahwks shut Green down, but he has 10 catches for 141 yards in two games against them.  And Thomas, who you claim gets his yards no matter what, was held to 31 yards on 4 catches against them last year.

You need to watch some other NFL games.  you have no idea what you are talking about.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 07:51 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Kelce is the only viable weapon on his team, so is Olsen.
Gronk is now, also Tom Brady.
You think Olsen or Kelce are better blockers? Laughable. Just laughable. 
Why is he "only" 7th in yards? AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu and Gio Bernard...every single one of them takes away from yards that *could* go to Eifert but instead go to them.
We spread the ball around. Eifert is better than Kelce. He is better than Olsen. 
He isn't better than Gronk. 

Where did I say Kelce and Olsen are better blockers? 

I dont know if they are or arent, and im sure you dont either. Unless you sit around all day watching tape of Kelce and Olsen blocking, which I doubt. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 07:51 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Kelce is the only viable weapon on his team, so is Olsen.
Gronk is now, also Tom Brady.
You think Olsen or Kelce are better blockers? Laughable. Just laughable. 
Why is he "only" 7th in yards? AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu and Gio Bernard...every single one of them takes away from yards that *could* go to Eifert but instead go to them.
We spread the ball around. Eifert is better than Kelce. He is better than Olsen. 
He isn't better than Gronk. 

Are you seriously saying Eifert is better than Olsen?  And no one has called you a troll? This is why I take things people say on the boards with a grain of salt. It seems all you guys want to post and hear is illogical homerism. Anything critiquing, reality, and truth is shunned away by large. Very few realistic posters on this board.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 10:28 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Where did I say Kelce and Olsen are better blockers? 

I dont know if they are or arent, and im sure you dont either. Unless you sit around all day watching tape of Kelce and Olsen blocking, which I doubt. 

I've watched enough games to know that they aren't better or at least on par with. 

So if they aren't better blockers, which despite you bringing up, apparently doesn't matter now....what makes them better? One cherry picked stat by you? 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How is it possible that Green is just as productive if not more productive than all these other WRs if he is easy to shut down and they are not?  That does not even make any sense.

He makes his bones against lesser teams with lesser DBs. He has several big games statistically each season. But those don't always match up to the "big" games for the team.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 12:31 AM)Beaker Wrote: He makes his bones against lesser teams with lesser DBs. He has several big games statistically each season. But those don't always match up to the "big" games for the team.

Well that would stand true for the entire offensive production as well as the Qb's production. If you pulled green's production against lesser teams out of the QB's numbers how would that affect your opinion of Andy? I am not suggesting this be done I am just pointing out that it is a two way street. 

The other "elite" WR's feast off of lesser teams as well. 

Throughout history the WR's that produce against anyone one at anytime typically have a great running game and a elite QB. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 04:23 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Well that would stand true for the entire offensive production as well as the Qb's production. If you pulled green's production against lesser teams out of the QB's numbers how would that affect your opinion of Andy? I am not suggesting this be done I am just pointing out that it is a two way street. 

The other "elite" WR's feast off of lesser teams as well. 

Throughout history the WR's that produce against anyone one at anytime typically have a great running game and a elite QB. 

Before this season....and last year without him for six games.....I would agree.  However , we have seen a pretty good QB produce with a good TE and a #3 WR as the #1.  This offense spreads the ball around pretty good.  AJ is one of the best in the game.  If he were to get a little more physical and tweak a nuance of his game here and there.....he could be the best imo.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 07:52 AM)Wyche Wrote:   If he were to get a little more physical and tweak a nuance of his game here and there.....he could be the best imo.

That's what I'm saying also. Until he does a better job at making contested catches, he cannot be considered elite.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 12:55 PM)Beaker Wrote: That's what I'm saying also. Until he does a better job at making contested catches, he cannot be considered elite.

Yep!!!  He is almost there, but not quite.  And....we really need him to get there!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 04:00 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Troll much? 

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Trade-Hill-please
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 11:33 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Gotta agree with this. I hate the fact that you cant see downfield during games. Dalton throws bombs and you have no idea who its even going to until the last second. 

go to the games and you will have a great view :)
Reply/Quote