Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AJ Green
(11-17-2015, 12:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If AJ Gets open Dalton has someone to throw to...  No one was getting open across the board though on most plays. thats why we saw dalton running for first downs

but will say Dre Kirkpatrick shines in the lights

And when they were open they either dropped the ball or fumbled. Pathetic game from the wide receiving corps all around. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I definitely thought last night, A. Green is no A. Brown.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I am a big AJ Green fan, but I wish he played with a little more attitude. I'm thinking of the Pittsburgh game after he was told "you're next". I think he got mad, and that gave him some extra "fire". I wish there was more of a "that's my ball" mentality.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 11:24 AM)jj22 Wrote: We should be able to feed and rely on Green like they do A.Brown. Brown makes it look so easy.

Green had more catches and yards against the Texans than Brown had against the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
For his career A.J. Green is #3 all time in NFL history in receiving yards per game (81.8).

if you all watched every game played by every other team you would see that NO receiver in the league has 100 yards every single game. Even Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, and Antonio Brown have down games.

Plus Green owns the Steelers and Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 11:24 AM)jj22 Wrote: Our star wideout, franchise qb, and head coach aren't clutch. Recipe for playoff and primetime failures. We won't be winning any big game with that trio. And now Eifert has caught the curse, so any hope of him being the x-factor come playoff time looks to be done.

We should be able to feed and rely on Green like they do A.Brown. Brown makes it look so easy.

Curse? That's what it has come to? What are you a Pagan or something...

We caught bad breaks in this game, happens to every team. Get over it. 
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 11:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: For his career A.J. Green is #3 all time in NFL history in receiving yards per game (81.8).

if you all watched every game played by every other team you would see that NO receiver in the league has 100 yards every single game.  Even Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, and Antonio Brown have down games.

Plus Green owns the Steelers and Ravens.

I wasn't necessarily questioning AJs talent, more so his production during prime time games. It seems more often than not he disappear and/or does something costly to lose us the game. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 12:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I wasn't necessarily questioning AJs talent, more so his production during prime time games. It seems more often than not he disappear and/or does something costly to lose us the game. 

This is not true at all.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is not true at all.

Seems kind of true to me. Whenever AJ goes up against a really good corner back he seems to get shut down. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 12:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Seems kind of true to me. Whenever AJ goes up against a really good corner back he seems to get shut down. 

Yup....Haden, Ike Taylor (before he fell off the cliff), a few others.  FWIW though, it just seems we don't match up well against this team for some reason.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 12:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Seems kind of true to me. Whenever AJ goes up against a really good corner back he seems to get shut down. 

Well that is completely different thatn claiming he caused us to lose prime time games.

And every receiver in the league gets shut down as often as AJ.  That is why AJ is third all time in NFL history in receiving yards per game.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well that is completely different thatn claiming he caused us to lose prime time games.

And every receiver in the league gets shut down as often as AJ.  That is why AJ is third all time in NFL history in receiving yards per game.

I agree with ya.....but if this guy is considered elite, and he's allowed to have off games against good DBs, then why has our QB been derided for off games against good defenses?  Seems kinda hypocritical to me....

I know you're not one of "those" imbeciles fred....btw.....but if we put the "below average" QB on blast for every single mistake, shouldn't this elite WR be called out for fumbling the game away?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Like I said in the other AJ thread, if a guy gets 10-12 targets a game, he's doing good to beat good coverage 3-4 times, and make the catch in bounds for positive yards. Green averages about 10 targets a game and 6 receptions. His target/receptions are in line (and in some cases a little better) than Anotnio Brown, Julio Jones and Edelman.

He draws the best coverage, so while stat-wise he's getting three or four more targets than either Eifert or Jones for the same number of receptions, he's doing it against the other team's better defenders.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 11:02 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I feel as if we need to have a discussion on AJ Green.

This guy can look so good one week, and then so bad other weeks. We all know Dalton's past with prime time games, but AJ disappears more in prime time games than Dalton. AJ is also the constant casualty of bone headed plays. How many times can he fumble with the game on the line?

Look, I know AJ is a good player and he has good games more often than bad, but im trying to get to the root cause of why he disappears in big games. Do we not game plan around him enough? Does he not take on enough initiative? Does Hue need to do a better job of calling his number?

And I dont want to hear about double teams. All dominant receivers get double teamed and they still put up their numbers.

A defense can take any receiver out of a game if they really want to. You just can't go out there with one guy having to get open every play. The other guys have to get open and catch the ball and the running game has to be able to move the ball as well. If your second and third options aren't making any plays, your #1 isn't going to get any good looks at all.

And, if I were to compare the number of bone headed plays by Green to those by Dalton that cost us a game, I'm pretty sure Dalton would lead by a substantial amount. But such comparisons serve no purpose when the whole offense looked weak.

Reply/Quote

YEP
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 05:20 PM)miltonians Wrote: YEP

Except this is noi more true of Green than any other WR in the league.

I don't know why you guys expect perfection from Green when no other WR in the league can do it.

The Pats had Revis last year when Green had 81 yards and a td against them.

The Texans had Joseph last year when Green had 12 catches and 121 yards against them.

Miami had Pro Bowler Brent Grimes in '13 when Green had 11 catches for 128 against them. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 05:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Except this is noi more true of Green than any other WR in the league.

I don't know why you guys expect perfection from Green when no other WR in the league can do it.

The Pats had Revis last year when Green had 81 yards and a td against them.

The Texans had Joseph last year when Green had 12 catches and 121 yards against them.

Miami had Pro Bowler Brent Grimes in '13 when Green had 11 catches for 128 against them. 

Green vs the Pats last year he had a fumble (like every receiver that game)

Green vs the Steelers last year he fumbled on the drive that we could have won the game on

Green vs the Texans this year he fumbled on the drive that we could have won the game on

Green vs the Chargers in the playoffs he dropped a ball that could have changed the outcome of the game

Green just isn't clutch. He's a great receiver, but it seems like when it matters most he doesn't preform.
Reply/Quote
Michael Irvin made a comment about A.J. a couple weeks ago and in my opinion he was spot on. And I'm no Irvin fan, BTW.

Words to the effect of "A.J. is a excellent athlete and an awesome WR, but he's just not physical enough to be a truly elite WR.

All WR's even the elite ones have off games, that's not the point. It's not showing up when we truly need him that is the point. If we're going to finish this thing this season A.J. has to find the fire he had a few weeks ago.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 07:59 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Green vs the Pats last year he had a fumble (like every receiver that game)

Green vs the Steelers last year he fumbled on the drive that we could have won the game on

Green vs the Texans this year he fumbled on the drive that we could have won the game on

Green vs the Chargers in the playoffs he dropped a ball that could have changed the outcome of the game

Green just isn't clutch. He's a great receiver, but it seems like when it matters most he doesn't preform.

118 yards and scored go ahead td with 2 minutes left in 4th quarter against the Steelers just 2 weeks ago.

227 yards and two fourth quarter tds (including another game winner with 2 minutes left) against the Ravens this year.

131 yards including game winning 75 yarder with 4 minutes left in 4th quarter against the Ravens last year.

151 yards and game tying td on last play of 4th quarter against the Ravens in '13.

10 catches for 115 in 13-10 "playoff elimination game" against the Steelers in week 16 of '12.

41 yard game winning td with 4 minutes left against Browns in '11
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 07:59 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Green vs the Pats last year he had a fumble (like every receiver that game)

Is this part of your "Dalton has no weapons" argument. I thought we put that one to bed a long time ago.

Reply/Quote