Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks
Hope he takes his time & comes back ready to go. We are snake bit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully AJ is back by first home game and then stays healthy rest of the season. At this point you just have to laugh so you don't cry.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 06:23 PM)pally Wrote:

The 'hopefully he'll be ready to go at the beginning-half of the season' part is a little scary. It makes me think this could morph into him being out 8-10 games.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 06:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did anyone seriously think we were?

There closer to the 4-1 Bengals from the start of last season then the team that finished 2-9 last season. 
They have a good QB, Excellent RB,  good weapons at TE and WR, great Secondary, and a great D-LINE ( remember Lawson coming back).  I don't know many teams that would want to play this team if there are no major injuries on it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 07:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The 'hopefully he'll be ready to go at the beginning-half of the season' part is a little scary. It makes me think this could morph into him being out 8-10 games.

In a contract year, I'd think Green will push himself to get back sooner than later.

This will probably result in him not fully healing, signing a new deal and having linger effects for years, cause....Bengals luck.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 07:00 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Who the hell was gearing up to buy season tickets in the 4 day window between AJ's injury and his surgery?

Five more weeks before the opener . Add the next two weeks in to account for the 6-8 week scenario and that is nearly fifty days to sell tickets . Do the math. 
Reply/Quote
I've been saying for awhile that AJ is starting to look fragile as he ages. Timing sucks for him because they were working on a new deal. That said, I don't think this hurts our chances much. We still have plenty of weapons and from what I heard, Green will only miss a couple real games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 08:36 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Five more weeks before the opener . Add the next two weeks in to account for the 6-8 week scenario and that is nearly fifty days to sell tickets . Do the math. 

They "hid that news" a whopping 4 days before saying he had surgery and have been very open that he might miss a couple of games. Anybody who goes out to buy tickets over the next 6-8 weeks knows exactly what's going on with AJ. Keep rocking that tinfoil hat, though.
Reply/Quote
The 'Minor Surgery" ploy is old. He is going to miss a significant amount of time. Hopefully our record is at least in the competitive range for the division when he gets back.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 08:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've been saying for awhile that AJ is starting to look fragile as he ages. Timing sucks for him because they were working on a new deal. That said, I don't think this hurts our chances much. We still have plenty of weapons and from what I heard, Green will only miss a couple real games.

The way that AJ uses his legs on the boundry have taken a toll on him. You can't slam your toes/ankles into the ground for 10 seasons and not have some sort of lasting effect. His HoF style on the outside is what made him and it is what will end his career as well. Just glad I got to see him work the gift god gave him.
Reply/Quote
Media reports (like the Ross report) acted like this was something new. It still falls within the 6-8 week range so no real new news.

Still not good for the overall vibe of the start of the season, and bad timing for Green, who we should consider letting him ride off into the sunset on a tag by tag base.

All attention should turn to WJIII on the contract front.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 06:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The boot, the scooter, the MRI, the prognosis for his return, the fact they went with surgery over conservative treatment, and Shefter's report of the MRI findings all would seem to indicate  Grade III, not Grade II. All of that indicates it wasn't a simple "clean out," but rather a ligament repair. Clean out is just code to down play the extent of the injury.

If all this is true, I cannot see him back in 6 weeks.  Even if it is the medial ligament only.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I wonder if they plan to place Green on IR...  

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 09:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The 'Minor Surgery" ploy is old. He is going to miss a significant amount of time. Hopefully our record is at least in the competitive range for the division when he gets back.

That's possible. They said something in one quote like hopefully he can return 1st half of the season. But in another quote said a few games.

It's really hard to tell. They said he might be ready for Game 1 a couple days ago.

It's all unknown I think.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 11:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's possible. They said something in one quote like hopefully he can return 1st half of the season. But in another quote said a few games.

It's really hard to tell. They said he might be ready for Game 1 a couple days ago.

It's all unknown I think.

It seems like we keep getting incrementally worse updates until further specified.  We shall see. 
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 09:18 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The way that AJ uses his legs on the boundry have taken a toll on him. You can't slam your toes/ankles into the ground for 10 seasons and not have some sort of lasting effect. His HoF style on the outside is what made him and it is what will end his career as well. Just glad I got to see him work the gift god gave him.

Kinda reminds me of Chad and all those quick cuts and how he got clobbered over the middle so many times. It probably aged him. He wound up being pretty washed up at 33. I wouldn't doubt it if AJ has a similar shelf life.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 11:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Kinda reminds me of Chad and all those quick cuts and how he got clobbered over the middle so many times. It probably aged him. He wound up being pretty washed up at 33. I wouldn't doubt it if AJ has a similar shelf life.

Chad was crazy durable though considering all the punishment he took. Other than his rookie season he never played in less than 13 games in any given year.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 11:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Kinda reminds me of Chad and all those quick cuts and how he got clobbered over the middle so many times. It probably aged him. He wound up being pretty washed up at 33. I wouldn't doubt it if AJ has a similar shelf life.

Chad's biggest problems was that he was talker and he could play one WR position. AJ reminds me more of Larry Fitzgerald doesn't talk and he can play all three spots at WR.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 11:51 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Chad's biggest problems was that he was talker and he could play one WR position. AJ reminds me more of Larry Fitzgerald doesn't talk and he can play all three spots at WR.

Actually, Chad’s biggest problem was he was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals...

Reply/Quote
I don't think that Green will back until at the very best week 10, but I wouldn't be surprised if he missed the whole season. I feel like the latter will happen unless we're in the playoff hunt. Eifert had the same injury and he had surgery on it in May. He didn't make it back and actually play a game until week 8. Hopefully Green can recover faster than Eifert.
Reply/Quote