Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
AJ Green is soft
He may be considered elite but all too often he fails to show up when it matters the most and alone too often he will drop passes. Hate to say it cause I like Green but he’s soft, guess it’s a mantra of this team as a whole
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
So, in the wake of a team meltdown, you're going to single out the most talented and courageous player on the team?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
AJ Green finished with 7 catches for 77 yards and 2 TDs, with another 60+ yard TD catch called back on a REALLY iffy call.

Oh, he also had one drop.

Soft.

Nonsense.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I get people defending Green and he is amazing and one of the best in the league. That said his bad plays typically happen in crunch time.

Dalton takes so much crap from everyone, but Green always gets a pass. He catches that it helps field position, keeps the clock running, and could have completely changed the outcome. Instead he barely got a hand on a perfectly placed ball.

This leads me to wonder if its not a product of coaching, as too many players have this same issue for this organization when the game is on the line.

Also **** those refs.
:andy:
Reply/Quote
It was raining, guys drop the ball in the rain. Part of messy winter football.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:09 AM)Trademark Wrote: He may be considered elite but all too often he fails to show up when it matters the most and alone too often he will drop passes. Hate to say it cause I like Green but he’s soft, guess it’s a mantra of this team as a whole

He would have had 100+ yards and 3 touchdowns if not for the refs deciding the Steelers needed to win this game. That call on Bernard was so terrible it's amazing. 
Maybe there was something I missed being at the game, but why the hell did Dalton not step up in the pocket and run for the first down on our last offensive play before we punted the game away? It looked to be wide open to easily get the first down. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:07 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: AJ Green finished with 7 catches for 77 yards and 2 TDs, with another 60+ yard TD catch called back on a REALLY iffy call.

Soft.

Nonsense.

He had a couple drops.

While I won't call him soft...he definitely disappeared in the 2nd half except on the long TD that was called back.
Reply/Quote
This entire team is soft and a bunch of losers. They take on the personality of their head coach.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I don’t think Green is soft. I think he is defeated. People say the bad plays of missed tackles, dropped passes etc are not in the coaches. I say 100% they are. There is zero accountability from Marvin and staff for this crap. Marvin looks like a whiny baby on the sidelines when there is a bad call/bad play. In my opinion he has zero respect from players and they are not going to do the little things that separate good teams from mediocre teams. The coach has no heart or discipline and his teams reflect that behavior.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:25 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, in the wake of a team meltdown, you're going to single out the most talented and courageous player on the team?

(12-05-2017, 11:07 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: AJ Green finished with 7 catches for 77 yards and 2 TDs, with another 60+ yard TD catch called back on a REALLY iffy call.

Soft.

Nonsense.

(12-05-2017, 11:11 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: It was raining, guys drop the ball in the rain. Part of messy winter football.

All of this.

If you want to call out a star player how about Geno “MIA” Atkins? I’m getting pretty tired of him being a non-factor week after week. I don’t want to hear the double team excuses. All the best pass rushers in the league get double teamed. The rest of our star players (Dalton, Burfict, Green, Gio, etc) did everything they could to help us win.

Reply/Quote
Green isn't soft. He was spooked by the end of the game. The Steelers were feeling themselves and out for revenge.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This entire team is soft and a bunch of losers. They take on the personality of their head coach.

Burfict is a lot of things...but soft ain’t one of them.

Reply/Quote
This thread is funny.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:41 AM)Au165 Wrote: This thread is funny.

In a sense it is laughable to blame our best players...but Green did have some drops that would have helped us win. I don't think he's above reproach.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He had a couple drops.

While I won't call him soft...he definitely disappeared in the 2nd half except on the long TD that was called back.

He had a couple of drops if we're going by Jon Gruden's live analysis.

If we go by the statkeepers (or whatever the **** they're called), he only had one.....which was his first of the year.

There were a couple of times where the catch would have been really difficult to complete.  Examples being the one that the Steelers challenged, and the high one over the middle that glanced off of his fingertips.  My guess is one of those that they officially called a drop.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In a sense it is laughable to blame our best players...but Green did have some drops that would have helped us win. I don't think he's above reproach.

Agreed.....if we're gonna crucify Dalton for every little mistake....how do you give Green and Atkins passes?  Doesn't hold water.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In a sense it is laughable to blame our best players...but Green did have some drops that would have helped us win. I don't think he's above reproach.

You're right, no player is beyond reproach.  All should be held accountable to their mistakes.  But, to single out one player, when at least 22 Bengals made mistakes that contributed to the loss is just wrong.  I called it a team meltdown, because it was.  The entire team withered.

Blockers missed blocks, receivers (multiple) dropped catchable balls, RBs missed cuts for bigger gains, QB missed some open receivers, tacklers missed tackles, defenders played two hand touch in a game of tackle, secondary played soft at times, way too many penalties, etc., etc..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Receivers drop passes it happens like shooters miss shots in basketball it happens you can't be a 100% all the time.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Green is far from soft. Go re-watch the Jags game. He may be Bungalized or Lewisized or whatever crazy term you want to come up with. He does wilt some in the big lights or with the pressure on like the rest of the team. I feel a lot of that comes down to the attitude of the team from Brown down to Lewis and the coaching staff. Green is easily a top 5 WR in the NFL. He is the only elite player on this team. One of his very few issues is not coming up clutch. It'd be different if that couldn't be said about every player on the team.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:00 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Green is far from soft. Go re-watch the Jags game. He may be Bungalized or Lewisized or whatever crazy term you want to come up with. He does wilt some in the big lights or with the pressure on like the rest of the team. I feel a lot of that comes down to the attitude of the team from Brown down to Lewis and the coaching staff. Green is easily a top 5 WR in the NFL. He is the only elite player on this team. One of his very few issues is not coming up clutch. It'd be different if that couldn't be said about every player on the team.

This. Right. Here.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote