Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
AJ Green is soft
(12-05-2017, 05:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Isn't that called the Al Bundy? Hilarious

[Image: oKAAt6I.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You know you're a hater when ...

... you criticize the QB for COMPLETING A PASS.  Whatever

Sorry, it was a poor pass. Interestingly enough I just heard the guys on the radio talking about it being a bad pass that AJ came back to and made a good play on. Dalton made plenty of great passes that was not one. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sorry, it was a poor pass. Interestingly enough I just heard the guys on the radio talking about it being a bad pass that AJ came back to and made a good play on. Dalton made plenty of great passes that was not one. 

See this is the problem with people like you.  Everything is black and white.  In the end, it was a 60 yard touchdown pass under bad conditions (again, feet not set, raining, watt in his face) and he completes it.

Alot of people want to blame the rain for Green's clutch drop but then say THAT was a bad pass???

Get outta here with that.
:andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:19 PM)WhoDeyandtheBlowFish Wrote: See this is the problem with people like you.  Everything is black and white.  In the end, it was a 60 yard touchdown pass under bad conditions (again, feet not set, raining, watt in his face) and he completes it.

Alot of people want to blame the rain for Green's clutch drop but then say THAT was a bad pass???

Get outta here with that.

If I throw a ball right at a linebacker and he tips it instead of intercepting it, and the WR catches it and runs for a TD, was it a good throw? The answer is no the outcome does not change that. I never excused Green's drop, I pointed out that there were other clutch plays made during the game and boiling it down to one drop is missing the larger picture that games have big moments all through out, so one drop doesn't make him "soft".

Again, the throw was bad the play on the ball by Green was good. A WR that has to stop dead in his tracks 40+ yards down field is not a good throw in any book.
Reply/Quote
To the original post: I don't know about 'soft' since I don't know what that is in the NFL, but it is fair to criticize him. Every player has flaws and things to get better at and a few times this year he has dropped passes you wouldn't think he should. He did say he should have caught a few on Monday night, including the one in the fourth quarter.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote