Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
According to some on here the Chiefs could put anyone at WR?
(09-08-2023, 01:08 PM)TheFan Wrote: I never said the Chiefs played flawless. But the self-inflicted mistakes by their WR is a huge part of why they lost. Toney probably had one of the worst games a WR could have and it wasn't because the Lions were playing great Defense. The Lions looked meh to me given the Chiefs were missing their best defensive player, best offensive player (outside if Mahomes) and the issues with Toney. They barely scraped a 1 point victory. 

I'm super glad they won because F the Chiefs and it helps us but I wasn't really impressed by the Lions play. 

Toney is flat out not cut out to be a NFL WR.
He thrived in Florida's short passing, YAC offense.
He needs to be in an offense like that.

In a way, he reminds me of a smaller Cordarrelle Patterson.
Patterson had more size to him that allowed him to shift to a RB role, which allowed him to finally have some success on offense, but that wasn't until he was 30 years old!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 01:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: Lost in the shuffle....we went to the AFCCG with three linemen out, and Tyler Boyd lost early. They called that "excuses", so that's what I'm calling this. An excuse.

Hopefully this stumble out of the gate winds up costing KC a shot at the #1 seed, like opening 0-2 did for the Bengals last year.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 01:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Defense was ahead of the Offenses as usual correct and it was a typical week one game in this way.

Forgot the Chiefs have to play the Jags next week, whoa... Mellow

The game is in Jacksonville which should help the Jags.

A number of Teams could push for the #1 Seed AFC Playoff Bye week this Season.

Good chance the Bengals can Dial things in and earn it.
Reply/Quote
I'm not reading through all 5 pages but has anyone postulated that maybe it's not so much the quality of WRs that was the problem but the lack of Eric Bienemy?

Just a thought.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 02:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm not reading through all 5 pages but has anyone postulated that maybe it's not so much the quality of WRs that was the problem but the lack of Eric Bienemy?

Just a thought.

Yep someone hit on it

Their offense did appear like it was at Mahommes when before the plays just seemed great

But maybe it was always all Mahommes. I honestly don’t think Kelce is restricted to certain playcalls. At times i would’ve sworn to god Kelce was doing his own routes and a Mahommes just knew how he thought.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Kadarius Toney deleted his twitter after the game....Gee, I wonder why
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 12:58 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Alot of you are missing the point.
WRs aren't so easy to replace as you might
Tend to believe. Not one Chiefs had over 50 yards
Tonight vs the Lions.
Look at Mahomes stat line. Thats a Baker Mayfield
Stat line. Under 300 yards and 2 TDs and 1 INT.

Under 300 yards with a 77.5 passer rating. Pretty bad stuff.

Did you know that Mahomes had not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5 but 6 such games in 2021? His last year with Tyreek Hill?

Hill missed no games that year, to save everyone time.

Also, how is pointing to last year's title missing the point?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 01:15 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Agree it's only one game.  But, I kept thinking about Bienemy's influence now a distant memory.  Not sure if it is or isn't.  but, maybe he was the magic sauce all along.

I doubt that, if anything, losing OBJr, and trying to replace him.
Reply/Quote
Also, I know it doesn't help to prove anyone's point, but the Lion's are legit. They closed out last season on an 8-2 run, and seem to have picked up right where they left off. One of their 2 losses during that stretch was by a FG to the Bills.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 01:23 AM)Whatever Wrote: Taylor is such trash.  I remember KC fans around the internet claiming he was an upgrade over OBJ.  

He could definitely be a downgrade from OBJr but Hutchinson is gonna be an absolute beast you can tell already.
Reply/Quote
KC also had the TE chipping to help Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 03:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Also, I know it doesn't help to prove anyone's point, but the Lion's are legit. They closed out last season on an 8-2 run, and seem to have picked up right where they left off. One of their 2 losses during that stretch was by a FG to the Bills.

I actually came out of this game thinking that they were worse than I did going into it. I don't really think that they played all that well...particularly on offense, which was their strength last year. 

I'm glad they won, but it wasn't a very inspiring win. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 02:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hopefully this stumble out of the gate winds up costing KC a shot at the #1 seed, like opening 0-2 did for the Bengals last year.

Absolutely! 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 01:37 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Mahomes had a special connection with Tyrek Hill
How many plays did they connect on when Mahomes
Went off script and him and Hill played backyard footbal?
The Chiefs WRs scare no one. Nobody that Mahomes has
At WR commands a double team.
The Chiefs tried to replace Hill with other teams cast-offs
And a under sized mid RD pick. Those days of Mahomes
Throwing for 400 yds and 4 TDs are gone.

Am I getting this wrong or did he not win MVP and the super bowl last year without Hill?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 08:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I'm still on my first cup of coffee.... Hilarious Point remains though....

He also isn't injured lol. Hopefully you're on your second cup. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 02:30 PM)depthchart Wrote: The game is in Jacksonville which should help the Jags.

A number of Teams could push for the #1 Seed AFC Playoff Bye week this Season.

Good chance the Bengals can Dial things in and earn it.

True, the Jags being at Home is huge as well and I think they are a better team than the Lions.

Especially at QB. That Play Action all the time will not work all year for the Lions. You have to be able to go into empty sets and I 
don't see Goff being successful in doing this.

(09-08-2023, 03:24 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I doubt that, if anything, losing OBJr, and trying to replace him.

Major downgrade from OBJr to Donavan Smith no question.

(09-08-2023, 03:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Also, I know it doesn't help to prove anyone's point, but the Lion's are legit. They closed out last season on an 8-2 run, and seem to have picked up right where they left off. One of their 2 losses during that stretch was by a FG to the Bills.

Yeah, they play hard every game and have been on a run. Definitely knew the Lions had a chance to beat the Chiefs.

Not a surprise to me they won in a close one. The refs and the MLJ fumble made it harder on them, but they pulled it off.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 03:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely! 

Attached Files Image(s)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 03:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: KC also had the TE chipping to help Taylor.

What!!!!?

But Joe, i thought Orlando Brown was the only lineman in the world that got help from TEs and RBs!!!?

He must be trash. He should give his pro bowls to Mark Andrew’s and Travis Kelce lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 03:47 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I actually came out of this game thinking that they were worse than I did going into it. I don't really think that they played all that well...particularly on offense, which was their strength last year. 

I'm glad they won, but it wasn't a very inspiring win. 

I wasnt too impressed either.  KC had Chris Jones watching from a luxury suite and Detroit's offense still only managed 14 points.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 12:33 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Just got done watching the Lions beat the Chiefs.
What stood out the most? The lack of plays produced
By the Chiefs WRs..   yet some on here proclaimed the "Chiefs offensive model " is the best way to go.
You know it so easy to replace Hill with bums like Kadarius Toney.. eh..no problem right.? Mahomes will make happen.  
This game showed all the more reason the Bengsls
Need to retain Tee Higgins

That's not what that game said at all. You think it ends up the same way if Kelce played?

The Chiefs had zero #1 receivers on the field and they dropped a ton of catchable passes. You think that happens every week?

The Bengals, without Tee, still have Chase. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote