Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Active shooter in Maryland
(06-29-2018, 03:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: See that's the lack of research that leads to bad conclusions.  There are six pages of that phrase being used.  It used by quite a few people.

Well, by all means, follow the "crowd". Don't be your own person. Don't make no difference to me. 

(06-29-2018, 03:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: Should I now ask if are the arbitror of what phrases people can and cannot use?  Smirk 

Yes.

(06-29-2018, 03:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: No whining...simple facts.

False, but whatever will dry those tears of yours.  ThumbsUp

(06-29-2018, 03:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: And with that I'm going back to the topic of the thread and not your whining about my alleged whining.  Mellow

I know you are but what am I. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-29-2018, 03:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, I lean much further to the left than many Conservatives when it comes to gun laws. So I really have no issue with calls for more legislation. bfine's rules would probably be too restrictive for a number of liberals.

My issue come when folks try to blame someone other than the sick individual that committed heinous acts such as this.

I'm about the same on gun laws. I definitely lean on the left as I am all for common sense gun laws, shut down loopholes, ban buying guns at gun shows, unless that vendor has a permanent store which the gun would have to be picked up at, bring back waiting periods, guns can only be bought in the state one resides in. I can come up with a few other things that would help prevent guns getting into the wrong hands.

But yeah some were already trying to blame Trump, which is whatever. Then others like Pelosi was indirectly blaming Congress which indirectly was blaming Republicans for the shooting yesterday. And that is just as wrong imo because the facts of the investigation arent even concluded yet.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-29-2018, 03:45 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I'm about the same on gun laws. I definitely lean on the left as I am all for common sense gun laws, shut down loopholes, ban buying guns at gun shows, unless that vendor has a permanent store which the gun would have to be picked up at, bring back waiting periods, guns can only be bought in the state one resides in. I can come up with a few other things that would help prevent guns getting into the wrong hands.

But yeah some were already trying to blame Trump, which is whatever. Then others like Pelosi was indirectly blaming Congress which indirectly was blaming Republicans for the shooting yesterday. And that is just as wrong imo because the facts of the investigation arent even concluded yet.

And while I agree with the "wait and see before we blame" even when it is all said and done and the investigation is over the blame will go on because nothing will change.  Whether it's mental illness, ease to guns, violent rhetoric and beliefs, religious beliefs, whatever...nothing will change and we will have the same discussions over and over again.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-29-2018, 03:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Actually, the right's response is more like "Let's actually enforce the laws already on the books before we add more laws that won't be enforced." ThumbsUp

What laws are not being enforced?

All laws regarding background checks are a joke as long as people can buy anything they want from a private seller.
(06-29-2018, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What laws are not being enforced?

All laws regarding background checks are a joke as long as people can buy anything they want from a private seller.

I think it's more human error:

Nicklos Cruz (17 dead Florida): FBI failed to act on a tip of hostile intention

Devin Kelley (26 dead Texas)- Air Force failed to enter Domestic violence case into database

Omar Mateen (9 dead Florida)- FBI failed to see credible threat with ties to Syria

Dylan Roof (9 killed SC)- Should not have been able to purchase FBI error

That's just a few where over 60 innocent folks lost their lives because of incompetence or missed analysis.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-29-2018, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What laws are not being enforced?

Seriously? You actually think the laws are enforced and the only problem is there aren't enough laws?

https://www.cnn.com/2016/01/09/politics/obama-executive-orders-gun-control-enforcement-gap/index.html
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/11/7/16617488/air-force-sutherland-springs-texas-church-shooting
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/13/gun-laws-that-cost-two-state-lawmakers-their-seats-had-little-effect-study-finds
(06-29-2018, 04:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Seriously? You actually think the laws are enforced and the only problem is there aren't enough laws?

https://www.cnn.com/2016/01/09/politics/obama-executive-orders-gun-control-enforcement-gap/index.html
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/11/7/16617488/air-force-sutherland-springs-texas-church-shooting
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/13/gun-laws-that-cost-two-state-lawmakers-their-seats-had-little-effect-study-finds

Thanks for proving my point.  The only laws mentioned in all three of those articles involved lack of background checks.

Laws regarding background checks are a joke because people can buy anything they want from a private seller without a background check.

It is all a BS smoke screen.  Cry about enforcing background checks but still making it legal to buy a gun without a background check.
(06-29-2018, 04:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it's more human error:

Nicklos Cruz (17 dead Florida): FBI failed to act on a tip of hostile intention

Devin Kelley (26 dead Texas)- Air Force failed to enter Domestic violence case into database

Omar Mateen (9 dead Florida)- FBI failed to see credible threat with ties to Syria

Dylan Roof (9 killed SC)- Should not have been able to purchase FBI error

That's just a few where over 60 innocent folks lost their lives because of incompetence or missed analysis.

Devin Kelly and Dylan Roof would have still been able to buy guns without a background check.

Criminals are a large part of the gun market.  As long as the NRA works for gunmakers they will not support anything that will cut into the market for guns.
This case seems to come down to someone who thinks he was pushed too far and had no other recourse. I don’t know what his lawsuit was about or if it was legit, but he certainly did and did not know what else to do. I know I’ve been in that position and while I didn’t want to kill anyone I sure as hell considered beating someone’s ass.

There is nothing political here. Nothing. Not from any side or person. Somebody snapped and it’s happened since humans have existed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-29-2018, 01:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Se are we really trying to push the narrative that because Trump has criticized to journalists in the past he cannot feel sympathy and sadness when a member(s) of that career field are gunned down?

Seems like an absurd premise. For instance I am against abortion (as long as someone capable to raise the child wants it). Does that mean I cannot feel sorrow and have sympathy for the family if an abortionist is murdered or does the dynamic only hold true for Trump?

To the bold: Of course he can. He should just keep it to himself.

If he's going to wish harm on a group of people, it's incredibly hollow to offer condolences once that harm comes. It's insulting. Even if he does feel sad, he should keep the thoughts to himself... like he should have done with so many thoughts.

To the rest, do you call abortinists enemies of the people? Encourage them to be stripped of their rights? Share videos mocking violence against them? Do you do this in front of billions?

(06-29-2018, 01:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: My ex-wife is a Steeler fan. When her grandmother died a couple weeks ago, I offered her my condolences and prayers. She was not insulted.

Did you threaten, insult and disparage the grandmother? Call her a liar at every chance?
(06-29-2018, 11:41 PM)Benton Wrote: To the bold: Of course he can. He should just keep it to himself.

If he's going to wish harm on a group of people, it's incredibly hollow to offer condolences once that harm comes. It's insulting. Even if he does feel sad, he should keep the thoughts to himself... like he should have done with so many thoughts.

To the rest, do you call abortinists enemies of the people? Encourage them to be stripped of their rights? Share videos mocking violence against them? Do you do this in front of billions?

Did you threaten, insult and disparage the grandmother? Call her a liar at every chance?

Please provide me with a link where Trump has wished physical harm on the media.

(06-29-2018, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Please provide me with a link where Trump has wished physical harm on the media.

When his supporters have thrown rocks and feces at reporters, did he call for it to stop, or ignore it?

When he repeatedly calls media the "enemy of the people," is he encouraging a positive relationship?

When one of his staff was charged with assaulting a reporter, did he defend him or make excuses for him?

When supporters created video of him body slamming "the media" did he support it?
(07-02-2018, 11:32 AM)Benton Wrote: When his supporters have thrown rocks and feces at reporters, did he call for it to stop, or ignore it?

When he repeatedly calls media the "enemy of the people," is he encouraging a positive relationship?

When one of his staff was charged with assaulting a reporter, did he defend him or make excuses for him?

When supporters created video of him body slamming "the media" did he support it?

Benton Benton, Benton....you don't GET IT!

Fortunately I know enough Trump supporters to translate!

Trump didn't say the words "Go out and punch or shoot a person that works in any form of mass media"!  We can't take what he DOES SAY  and apply MEANING to it!!!  If he didn't give a direct order he is not only completely innocent of all charges BUT he is ALSO the VICTIM!  Smirk
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-02-2018, 11:32 AM)Benton Wrote: When his supporters have thrown rocks and feces at reporters, did he call for it to stop, or ignore it?

You must have misread what I requested. That was an example of trump wishing harm on the media. I see none of that in your replies.