Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Jones is in a cast
(12-11-2015, 03:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So what is the truth? He took the cast off so he could take a nap? He IS in the cast?

You guys have confused the hell out of me.

Is he in the cast or not, and what even is the injury?!

Let's just hope Pittsburgh is as confused as you.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 04:33 PM)SCole025 Wrote: Interesting to me that the team designated him as doubtful and not just out.  So obviously they are leaving the door cracked for him to play this weekend.  

On Wednesday when he was in a cast, I said there's no way he plays.  But now, especially since he has not been formally ruled out, I'm having a hard time seeing him NOT play.  This is the Steelers, they team we despise the most.  There's bad blood between the two teams.  A win clinches the AFC North and makes it even more difficult for them to make the playoffs.  How does Adam not go?  And the team wants to rest him so he's back vs. SF?  That seems completely backwards to me.  If Adam can play this weekend without risk of further injury, I would say play him Sunday, let him rest vs. the Niners, be ready to roll vs. Denver.

This......and I'll say one thing for the man....he's got heart, and lots of it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 04:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: This......and I'll say one thing for the man....he's got heart, and lots of it.

I think if he can stand the pain, then he plays. The Niners game gives him some rest, and we get him again for the Broncos. Rest him again for the Ravens and the bye week.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Have they ever said what kind of injury it is?
Reply/Quote
He's not going to play. While the doubtful designation does leave the door open to do so, if there really is a possibility that a guy will play he is supposed to receive the questionable designation.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 11:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Have they ever said what kind of injury it is?

Lap says plantar fasciitis.
Reply/Quote
I hope he can play. I can't stand pburgh. Although, I don't want him injured worse than he already may be.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 11:52 AM)gobobro Wrote: Lap says plantar fasciitis.

Numb it up and go play ball..... (easy for us to say)
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 11:50 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: He's not going to play.  While the doubtful designation does leave the door open to do so,  if there really is a possibility that a guy will play he is supposed to receive the questionable designation.

I don't know about that. I thought it was straight up probabilities.

Out = 0% chance of playing
Doubtful = 25% chance of playing
Questionable = 50% chance of playing
Probable = 75% chance of playing

Added to that is the Marvin Lewis tradition of declaring guys out if they haven't practiced all week...

Since Jones is listed as doubtful despite not practicing all week, I think they're willing to let him warm up Sunday morning and make a final decision then.
Reply/Quote
As short of DB's as we are, if he can play, Marvin will let him....practice or not...
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 11:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Numb it up and go play ball..... (easy for us to say)

Considering he's played on it the last couple games AND cut the cast off against team wishes, I think Jones is right with you on that one. :)
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 11:58 AM)gobobro Wrote: I don't know about that. I thought it was straight up probabilities.

Out = 0% chance of playing
Doubtful = 25% chance of playing
Questionable = 50% chance of playing
Probable = 75% chance of playing

Added to that is the Marvin Lewis tradition of declaring guys out if they haven't practiced all week...

Since Jones is listed as doubtful despite not practicing all week, I think they're willing to let him warm up Sunday morning and make a final decision then.

Yes and no about the probabilities.  In reality, doubtful doesn't play and questionable does, while probable is guaranteed.  It's kind of an unwritten rule kind of thing.  In fact, the league will actually ask questions about a guy not playing if he was listed as probable.

EDIT: BTW, as for Marvin declaring guys out without a week of practice, that was always the case prior to this season when we practiced Friday and then turned in the report. Now we turn it in on Friday and practice on Saturday, so he doesn't do it any more. For example, look at Eifert last week.
Reply/Quote