Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Jones is in a cast
Good news people, from Adam Jones' Instagram page:

https://www.instagram.com/p/_Ho7DOEjuQ/

Question is: did Marvin hold him down and do it like he threatened to do yesterday?

Still not a guarantee that he will play Sunday. He is not practicing today. But a good sign that he COULD play and should definitely be fine for the playoff push and postseason.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 12:30 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I thought it was Marvin Jones who said that.

Yea that's what I read. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/10/marvin-jones-on-bengals-steelers-its-going-to-be-bloody/
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Aaaaand IT'S GONE
Reply/Quote
Well, this makes his status for Sunday even more interesting now..
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 05:37 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Jones plays in the games where we would have won regardless (St Louis, Cleveland) sits out the tough games (Arizona, Pittsburgh).

Not saying he's doing it intentionally, but I sure wish he would have saved himself for Pittsburgh, considering the two opponents we faced the last two weeks we barely needed him to be out there.

To me that was a coaching issue.  He should not have played in either game - dressed maybe, but not played.

When you have games like Pittsburgh & Denver on the horizon and the playoffs coming, you give your best corner time to heal.

I was very disappointed to see Jones in those two games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Per Schefter

"Bengals CB Adam Jones told reporters yesterday he wouldn't play Sunday. Jones had foot in cast, was wheeling around locker room on scooter."

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 08:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: That was made abundantly clear on the first series at the Ketchup Bowl.  We're in trouble folks.....

Offense is going to have to run the ball and be ready to score as needed.  If we can keep their offense off the field and match their big plays we win.  And making Ben pay

It it's me I'm getting my best defensive players healthy for the playoffs and figuring out a different way to beat the Steelers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 03:00 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Aaaaand IT'S GONE

Yep, the boot is indeed gone, after one day : http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25409080/adam-jones-did-not-keep-a-cast-on-his-injured-foot-for-very-long
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Grand scheme of things...this game is meaningless. Get him healthy, win SF, DEN and BAL and a first round bye is ours.

Given that it's the Steelers...and that they are going to significantly test the Bengals CB's, I'd hate to see this injury plague him or cause him to miss the rest of the season because he rushed back.
Reply/Quote
So Jones is booted, and not practicing today... I'd guess he'd doubtful for the game, but he would be the one guy I would think could go on Sunday even when doubtful. He's so smart, so talented, and so determined. I honestly would think a doubtful Adam Jones is a questionable anyone else. We'll see on Sunday.

As for the potential replacements, Jim had a good article I skimmed at Cincinnati.com. In it, Troy Hill had an awesome quote about how it's said guys rise to the occasion, but what they really do is sink back to their training. If his number is called on Sunday, I think he feels good about all of the prep work he's been doing leading up to this moment... I think that's a pretty sick way of looking at things!
Reply/Quote
So what is the truth? He took the cast off so he could take a nap? He IS in the cast?

You guys have confused the hell out of me.

Is he in the cast or not, and what even is the injury?!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 03:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So what is the truth? He took the cast off so he could take a nap? He IS in the cast?

The cast was removed yesterday. He's in a boot today.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 03:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So what is the truth? He took the cast off so he could take a nap? He IS in the cast?

He's out of the cast, but in a boot and not practicing. Not sure what the injury actually is.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 03:20 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: He's out of the cast, but in a boot and not practicing. Not sure what the injury actually is.

Yeah, I haven't read any details on the problem. Broken bone, wart, blister ??? No one's written about that yet.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 03:27 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: D
Yeah, I haven't read any details on the problem. Broken bone, wart, blister ??? No one's written about that yet.

What I keep reading is plantar fasciitis. It's tough to put it all together, but I think:

1. He can't injure it worse by playing on it, but it won't heal if he does.
2. It hurts like heck to play on.
3. The coaches want him to sit out a game or two so he's better for the playoffs.
4. He wants to play against Pittsburgh more than he wants to do what the coaches tell him to do.
Reply/Quote
K thanks guys. It's been kept in the dark the whole week... it's so hard to tell what is actually going on!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 03:37 PM)gobobro Wrote: What I keep reading is plantar fasciitis. It's tough to put it all together, but I think:

1. He can't injure it worse by playing on it, but it won't heal if he does.
2. It hurts like heck to play on.
3. The coaches want him to sit out a game or two so he's better for the playoffs.
4. He wants to play against Pittsburgh more than he wants to do what the coaches tell him to do.

Sounds like my last marriage ...   Ninja

Reply/Quote
Injury report says "doubtful". Hopefully he's not needed as we get the W and he's ready for the rest of the season and the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
From the Hobbson article I just read, sounds like he is not playing this sunday. In a boot and coaches want him "ready for SF". I wouldn't expect to see Adam in pads, but he will definitely be in our corners ears all game im sure.
Reply/Quote
Interesting to me that the team designated him as doubtful and not just out. So obviously they are leaving the door cracked for him to play this weekend.

On Wednesday when he was in a cast, I said there's no way he plays. But now, especially since he has not been formally ruled out, I'm having a hard time seeing him NOT play. This is the Steelers, they team we despise the most. There's bad blood between the two teams. A win clinches the AFC North and makes it even more difficult for them to make the playoffs. How does Adam not go? And the team wants to rest him so he's back vs. SF? That seems completely backwards to me. If Adam can play this weekend without risk of further injury, I would say play him Sunday, let him rest vs. the Niners, be ready to roll vs. Denver.
Reply/Quote