Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Admit you voted for Biden
Glad people admit they voted for Biden. My friends won't do it. I personally think Trump was a great President and his policies worked for America. Unfortunately, the press treated him bad. I hope America doesn't get too bad off until we get another Republican President to clean things up again. You may not agree with conservatives, but we run a good ship IMO.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 04:23 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Glad people admit they voted for Biden. My friends won't do it. I personally think Trump was a great President and his policies worked for America. Unfortunately, the press treated him bad. I hope America doesn't get too bad off until we get another Republican President to clean things up again. You may not agree with conservatives, but we run a good ship IMO.

If your friends won't say they voted for Biden, how do you know they voted for him?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 04:23 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Glad people admit they voted for Biden. My friends won't do it. I personally think Trump was a great President and his policies worked for America. Unfortunately, the press treated him bad. I hope America doesn't get too bad off until we get another Republican President to clean things up again. You may not agree with conservatives, but we run a good ship IMO.

The press didn't paint him as a misogynist, self absorbed, narcissistic, crooked, lying, pervert.......his own tweets painted him that way.  One doesn't need the press to paint him as ignorant and a liar, once can do their own independent fact checks.  

Trump has written books about professional lying (seriously - look it up).  He describes how once you tell a lie you keep telling it.  How if people doubt you, say it with even more confidence, and then even louder.  Keep telling the lie until either people believe you or drown out those questioning you.

The problem with most Trump followers is that they believe the lies because Trump keeps repeating himself, which he wrote is the way you snow people over.  Keep believing the lies if you want.  One day the truth will be accepted and those who continue to support him will look like fools.
Reply/Quote

Then why does the economy always appear like a disaster zone every time a Republican finishes his term? I'm being serious. Republicans have handed over the presidency to Democrats three times in my adult lifetime and the country was economically reeling every single time, but businesses and corporations were always doing great.  

And I voted for Biden, who was basically the best "Not Donald Trump" candidate available and if they truck both idiots out there again, I'd gladly do the same.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 01:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The real question is would you vote for Biden again over a frontrunner like DeSantis.

Yeah without question. DeathSentence is a maniac.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 06:05 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Yeah without question. DeathSentence is a maniac.

I'm not sure where you're getting that. I can see disagreeing with him on policy, but that's a strong take.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 01:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure DeSantis could, unless he really ups the Trump factor which will be hard if he has to primary him, get the sort of "not the status quo" vote that Trump got from Hillary in order to win.

Seeing Paul Ryan get back "out there" in a not Trump manner has me thinking that he's going to show up and with his lack of covid or Trump-era stank on him be able to get the indie votes needed to win in 2024.  I think he'd get a lot of support in that "Hey, remember when republicans were somewhat sane?" style.

DeSantis has too much of his own Trump-era and Trump-style vibe, I think.  Then again, Biden looks like he could lose to anyone right now.

I'd just love to see Trump turn on all of his minions during a primary. Chubby little Ron Desantis is soft on borders, weak on crime, and a lot of people are saying that he believes there was no fraud with the ballots.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 04:53 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Then why does the economy always appear like a disaster zone every time a Republican finishes his term? I'm being serious. Republicans have handed over the presidency to Democrats three times in my adult lifetime and the country was economically reeling every single time, but businesses and corporations were always doing great.  

And I voted for Biden, who was basically the best "Not Donald Trump" candidate available and if they truck both idiots out there again, I'd gladly do the same.

Either you aren't living in the same country we are or you aren't using the same dictionary we are.  

I'm fairly certain you live somewhere in the states so can you share your definition of "economically reeling" so we can get on the same page?  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 04:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If your friends won't say they voted for Biden, how do you know they voted for him?

They told me they did back after the election and now won't admit it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I just couldn’t vote for a guy to lead the country with the middle name of Robinette.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 07:28 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: They told me they did back after the election and now won't admit it.

Maybe they were lying after the election.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 06:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm not sure where you're getting that. I can see disagreeing with him on policy, but that's a strong take.

I wouldn't call him a maniac, he's too calculated for that title.  Maybe it's a bunch of fake news, but he's being connected to lying about covid stats ala Cuomo.  I'd say the biggest knock against him is that mainstream-yet-fringe nuts like MTG and Matt Gaetz can't shut up about how awesome he is.

(06-13-2022, 07:46 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I just couldn’t vote for a guy to lead the country with the middle name of Robinette.

Didn't the Robinette's sing "Be My Baby?"
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 06:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm not sure where you're getting that. I can see disagreeing with him on policy, but that's a strong take.

The dude who had his Covid tracker arrested for *checks notes* doing her job.

The guy who has spent years fermenting anti-LGBTQ+ policies who just said *checking again* 'I won't stand for anyone going after our LGBTQ people'..

The man who threw a hissy fit because Disney wouldn't fall in line behind him and threatened to drop a billion dollars of debt onto a *once again* blue county who voted against him anyways so the political ramifications would be minimal despite sinking his constituents in debt (small government everybody!).

A person who refused to act on Covid despite the population of his state was being ravaged by it because the heat could beat it (thus, DeathSentence).

Yeah **** that guy.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 01:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Al Jourgensen?

I'd vote for early and mid 90's Al Jorgensen over just about anyone. Current Al Jorgensen, meh.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 08:39 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The dude who had his Covid tracker arrested for *checks notes* doing her job.

If we're talking about the same person then she was found to be 100% lying.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/florida-ig-report-insufficient-evidence-desantis-critics-claims-covid-rcna30647

"The 27-page report from the Florida Department of Health’s Office of Inspector General said it found "insufficient evidence" or no evidence to support Rebekah Jones' accusations that she was asked to falsify Covid positivity rates or misrepresent them on the state’s dashboard she helped design. The report also "exonerated" officials accused by Jones of wrongdoing because they removed a data section from the website to ensure that private individual health information was not released publicly."

Quote:The guy who has spent years fermenting anti-LGBTQ+ policies who just said *checking again* 'I won't stand for anyone going after our LGBTQ people'..

I'm not personally aware of any such laws other than the Parental Rights in Education act, which was incorrectly and inflammatorily labeled "don't say gay."  If it's just that law you're basing this accusation on then sorry, I don't agree.

Quote:The man who threw a hissy fit because Disney wouldn't fall in line behind him and threatened to drop a billion dollars of debt onto a *once again* blue county who voted against him anyways so the political ramifications would be minimal despite sinking his constituents in debt (small government everybody!).

I have zero issue with playing the political game with a company playing the political game.  You want special treatment from a state legislature, then don't be shocked when you lose said special treatment after publicly shit talking said legislature.  

Quote:A person who refused to act on Covid despite the population of his state was being ravaged by it because the heat could beat it (thus, DeathSentence).

Yeah **** that guy.

Given Florida's population skewing elderly, for obvious reasons, I don't see their Covid death rate, lower than Washington and the same as Massachusetts as some crazy example of horrible executive action.  I can see such an accusation of Cuomo, who deliberately housed Covid patients with that most at risk group, but I'm not seeing that with DeSantis, although I may not be aware of some information that you are.  I'll certainly allow for that.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/us-coronavirus-deaths-by-state-july-1.html

I would stress that Covid's mortality rate is highly linked to age, the older the person the far more likely they were to die from Covid.  So, we can logically extrapolate that a state with a higher elderly population would experience more deaths than one with a lower elderly population regardless of any action taken.  I don't think this absolutely exonerates DeSantis, but it does provide some very important context.

All that being said, I don't see your labeling him as "Deathsentence" to be a justified conclusion.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 08:55 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd vote for early and mid 90's Al Jorgensen over just about anyone. Current Al Jorgensen, meh.

You ain't lying.  I've seen Ministry easily over twenty times, probably over forty.  Al was, IMO, the absolute coolest guy on the planet in the late eighties to nineties.  Now he's a side show freak.  During one festival I was working I became friends with a guy who used to work for Al.  This was in the mid to late 2000's.  He told me Al had all of his toes amputated but the big toe on each foot from shooting heroin into his toes (more accurately in between them).  I didn't want to believe him but Al later gave an interview to Spin, or something like that, talking about how he had to have several toes amputated from "stepping on a nail."  Heroin really destroyed that man.  It's always sad when that happens, but Ministry was really a seminal band for me.  
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 09:11 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You ain't lying.  I've seen Ministry easily over twenty times, probably over forty.  Al was, IMO, the absolute coolest guy on the planet in the late eighties to nineties.  Now he's a side show freak.  During one festival I was working I became friends with a guy who used to work for Al.  This was in the mid to late 2000's.  He told me Al had all of his toes amputated but the big toe on each foot from shooting heroin into his toes (more accurately in between them).  I didn't want to believe him but Al later gave an interview to Spin, or something like that, talking about how he had to have several toes amputated from "stepping on a nail."  Heroin really destroyed that man.  It's always sad when that happens, but Ministry was really a seminal band for me.  

Most anything after Psalm 69 was kind of cheap IMO.  I've seen them 3 times. Psalm, Mind, and Land were all huge albums for me when I was a kid.  Al really lost me when he got enhanced canine implants at 60 or so. Dude was insane in his prime.  He doesn't have a lot to prove, but boy does he still try.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 09:17 PM)samhain Wrote: Most anything after Psalm 69 was kind of cheap IMO.  I've seen them 3 times.  Psalm, Mind, and Land were all huge albums for me when I was a kid.  Al really lost me when he got enhanced canine implants at 60 or so.  Dude was insane in his prime.  He doesn't have a lot to prove, but boy does he still try.

The three core albums.  I would add one final album to the "master list", which is Animositisomina.  It's Paul Barker's last album with Ministry (saw him recently playing with Puscifer, which was awesome), and it is epic.  If you're still at all into industrial music I urge you to give it a listen.  As an aside, one of my best friends and I just saw Front Line Assembly in LA and between bands we got into a big discussion with other attendees about how many former members of Ministry have died prematurely.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 08:39 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The dude who had his Covid tracker arrested for *checks notes* doing her job.

The guy who has spent years fermenting anti-LGBTQ+ policies who just said *checking again* 'I won't stand for anyone going after our LGBTQ people'..

The man who threw a hissy fit because Disney wouldn't fall in line behind him and threatened to drop a billion dollars of debt onto a *once again* blue county who voted against him anyways so the political ramifications would be minimal despite sinking his constituents in debt (small government everybody!).

A person who refused to act on Covid despite the population of his state was being ravaged by it because the heat could beat it (thus, DeathSentence).

Yeah **** that guy.

My take away from this is you sorta suck at taking notes.  :)
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 07:20 PM)basballguy Wrote: Either you aren't living in the same country we are or you aren't using the same dictionary we are.  

I'm fairly certain you live somewhere in the states so can you share your definition of "economically reeling" so we can get on the same page?  
Well, my dictionary doesn't begin and end with Fox News. I'd love to hear your "Once upon a time . . . " fairy tale version of how Republicans are good for the economy.

The main line out of the Bill Clinton campaign "It's the economy, stupid", because 12 years of Republican trickle down economics left the economy in a downfall. He gave us our most one-sided military victory in our history and lost because of the economy.

Bush II - is that the economy you're touting as a success? 

Trump - What was the economy like after his mis-handling of covid?

1992 End of Bush
2008 End of Bush II
2020 End of Trump
[Image: _115200195_usgdp_19502-nc.png]
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote