Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship
(06-15-2016, 11:43 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, it's been a while for the wife and I. We're planning a day trip up next week while work is slow and we can take some time off. Get on the Metro at Vienna and just ride into the city.

Yea, it's really nice. I'll just drive 15 minutes to College Park and take the green line in.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-15-2016, 11:49 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, it's really nice. I'll just drive 15 minutes to College Park and take the green line in.

Unfortunately my drive is a couple of hours, but riding the orange in from Vienna is a much better proposition than driving any closer to the city. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-15-2016, 11:43 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, it's been a while for the wife and I. We're planning a day trip up next week while work is slow and we can take some time off. Get on the Metro at Vienna and just ride into the city.

We were in National Harbor Md a few weeks ago and I drove into DC on a Sunday. Twenty minutes. No problems.  Parked at the Reagan Building for $13 all day and my son and I walked everywhere we could.

Unfortunately we only had half a day that day and the next morning.  Monday we went to Arlington for a few hours before we had to head home.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Ok, back to topic. So pretty much most agree that someone with a penis should not be allowed to compete against those that have vaginas in sports, right? But it's ok if it;s the other way around? Im cool with that. Next.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(06-15-2016, 12:16 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Ok, back to topic. So pretty much most agree that someone with a penis should not be allowed to compete against those that have vaginas in sports, right? But it's ok if it;s the other way around? Im cool with that. Next.

Transphobe.  Whatever

Ninja
(06-15-2016, 11:00 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: WALLS worth of treaties.
I seriously shit you not.
A few were broken by Natives, but 97% (estimated, of course) were of US government lies.

Yes that's unfortunate.    I am sure I come off as cold on this matter but things probably progressed as they had to so we could progress as a nation.   I look at what the Spanish and dutch did in Central America, where they integrated with native cultures.   They are just behind the modern world with constant civil wars for the most part.   

I don't think the English came here to exterminate them.   I do think the exposure to the European diseases did them in much like the massive European deaths when they Asian diseases swept into Europe.  Had they not suffered a lot of deaths maybe at some point it would have been really violent.  But we will never know.   I don't think we gave them disease covered items on purpose.  

The Indians had their role in North America and its a good thing they are still around today.   The tribes sure make a loads of cash now.   Which is the only thing we can do for them now. 
(06-15-2016, 12:16 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Ok, back to topic. So pretty much most agree that someone with a penis should not be allowed to compete against those that have vaginas in sports, right? But it's ok if it;s the other way around? Im cool with that. Next.

Letting a girls try and compete with boys is ok.   But boys shouldn't be told to take it easy on them.   Most of the girls who play boys sports (girl kicker in fb) the girl is told to kick and run off.   And the boys are told to not hit them unless they absolutely have no choice.   

If a girl plays a boys sport with boys they better be ready for the physical nature.   Which is the difference between girls and boys sports 
(06-15-2016, 10:46 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It is disappointing that we broke some treaties that we agreed with the Indians.  They just got caught up not being able to battle away the diseases.   It was unfortunate but probably inevitable.  

This is an incredibly ignorant set of statements. Your lack of knowledge on the subject is amazing.
(06-15-2016, 08:06 PM)Benton Wrote: This is an incredibly ignorant set of statements. Your lack of knowledge on the subject is amazing.

Yeah, kinda tests the boundaries of reality, doesn't it?
(06-15-2016, 08:20 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, kinda tests the boundaries of reality, doesn't it?

Only if you're using our reality to set the boundaries.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-15-2016, 08:06 PM)Benton Wrote: This is an incredibly ignorant set of statements. Your lack of knowledge on the subject is amazing.

The reality was what happened needed to happen to move forward.   It's a shame and no doubt its cold.   
(06-15-2016, 11:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The reality was what happened needed to happen to move forward.   It's a shame and no doubt its cold.   

it needed to happen? why exactly?
People suck
(06-16-2016, 09:10 AM)Griever Wrote: it needed to happen? why exactly?

I'm not sure we would have progressed as quickly as a nation of the Indians were still fighting for territory.    We would have had to put resources into fighting them back.   

And loom at the integration model in Central America.  When you compare central and North America  there is quite a difference in who moved forward and who didn't.    Was there other factors yes.... But is not having the Indians as an obstacle helped.    

I know this is cold and heartless but when you take out the emotion this helped us move forward very quickly.   
(06-17-2016, 12:13 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I'm not sure we would have progressed as quickly as a nation of the Indians were still fighting for territory.    We would have had to put resources into fighting them back.   

And loom at the integration model in Central America.  When you compare central and North America  there is quite a difference in who moved forward and who didn't.    Was there other factors yes.... But is not having the Indians as an obstacle helped.    

I know this is cold and heartless but when you take out the emotion this helped us move forward very quickly.   

^^^-  This is not a response to this  -vvv 

I would say 'needed' might be a poor word choice there. But it definitely was inevitable that the natives in the western hemisphere would be displaced due to social Darwinism. However in Lucie's defense, in hindsight it was necessary to happen as quickly as it did to establish the U.S. as a major world player in time to take on the Japanese, Nazi's and Soviets from the 1940s til 1980s, as no other country really could as we did. 

That said those with wieners should not be competing in a sports with those that don't, to stay on topic. :|

(06-17-2016, 07:42 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I would say 'needed' might be a poor word choice there. But it definitely was inevitable that the natives in the western hemisphere would be displaced due to social Darwinism. However in Lucie's defense, in hindsight it was necessary to happen as quickly as it did to establish the U.S. as a major world player in time to take on the Japanese, Nazi's and Soviets from the 1940s til 1980s, as no other country really could as we did. 

That said those with wieners should not be competing in a sports with those that don't, to stay on topic. :|

Oh yeah the wholesale slaughter of the native people in the 1800's was really important to fight the Nazis.

What?
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-17-2016, 08:06 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Oh yeah the wholesale slaughter of the native people in  the 1800's was really important to fight the Nazis.

What?

Yup, in the hindsight history ripple effect way. 

Thought I would put this here; as it is a similar situation and news at the Olympics:

Quote:RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Caster Semenya qualified for the Olympic women's 800 meters semi-finals with supreme ease on Wednesday and was immediately plunged into a new gender controversy after a race rival questioned whether it was fair for her to compete.

South African Semenya will be hot favorite for Saturday's final but Frenchwoman Justine Fedronic, who failed to advance from the heats, said although she had sympathy for her rival's situation, her high testosterone levels meant it was not a fair fight.

I have a a harder time determining what's "fair" in this case
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-17-2016, 07:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thought I would put this here; as it is a similar situation and news at the Olympics:

http://deadspin.com/the-debate-about-caster-semenya-isnt-about-fairness-1785355953

Quote:Separate from the media machine, the IAAF responded to the Semenya stories with new guidelines, delivering the term hyperandrogenism into the sports realm. Essentially, if there were “reasonable grounds” for question (and that is in and of itself is suspect because who defines “reasonable grounds?” Competitors upset over being beaten?), that athlete would be flagged and her testosterone level would be tested. Too high and she would be deemed to have an unfair advantage. As Slate’sDaniel Engber observes: “They tried to make the testing of an athlete’s femininity something more akin to testing her for doping.” This isn’t about measuring your womanhood, they said, it’s about fairness.

But it’s harder to buy that argument—this is about fairness—when you read about what happens to a woman “flagged” and tested. Here is how Engber summarized what would happen in such a case:

Quote:If an athlete like Semenya failed the initial hormone screen, she’d be examined in more detail to see if her testosterone was “functional” enough to give her an advantage. How would the doctors figure out if her testosterone was functional? They’d check how much of it was bound to her receptors, screen her for known mutations in those same receptors, weigh the hoarseness of her voice, rate the development of her pubic hair and breasts, evaluate her muscles, size her labia, palpate her vagina, and measure her anogenital distance. In other words, they’d try to calculate the degree to which she’d been virilized—or one might say, made “manly”—by her intersex condition.

Imagine that, having a doctor measure your pubic hair and test your vagina to make sure it is vagina-like enough to be considered a woman’s. For all the scientific coldness of that paragraph, I still found myself shuddering at the thought of such a procedure, followed by a nagging feeling that the testing didn’t sound that different from the old systems, a process created by a group dominated by men defining for women what men thought was womanly enough.

To compete, a woman had to essentially womanize herself—as dictated by an “expert medical panel,” which decides if the results are satisfactory enough.

Quote:In such a case, the Expert Medical Panel may specify conditions under which it would be acceptable for the athlete to compete. These conditions may necessitate the athlete undergoing treatment by her personal physician to normalise her androgen levels and, in such a case, it would be the athlete’s responsibility, in close consultation with her medical team, to decide on the advisability of proceeding with such treatment. If an athlete does decide to undergo treatment as a means to continue participating in women’s competition, before returning to such competition, her case would be referred back to the Expert Medical Panel to satisfy itself that the conditions previously imposed had been met. The IAAF would then be responsible for monitoring the athlete’s compliance with the conditions on an ongoing basis by conducting regular testing of the athlete, including on an unannounced basis.

Semenya hasn’t said what she’s been put through, but her times dropped and reporters have assumed that’s because she was undergoing some sort of chemical treatment. Then the testosterone regulations were suspended after Indian runner Dutee Chand challenged them and won in the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Now Semenya’s running faster and she’s the favorite to win the 800 meters. This has added media attention to her race, although many reporters will insist this is all just about fairness, testosterone, and rules.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-17-2016, 07:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thought I would put this here; as it is a similar situation and news at the Olympics:

God doesn't make mistakes.