Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alec Pierce visit
Would you be comfortable with the Bengals taking a WR with their first round pick? I really like this Alec Pierce from UC.He’s a big receiver that is very athletic,and he’s fast.(4.41 forty)I know they have other needs,but this would sure add to Joe Burrow’s arsenal.I wouldn’t be disappointed if they selected him in the first round,if he’s still There.The Bengals just had him in for a visit.
Reply/Quote
If we had 0 WRs on the team; I'd not be happy taking Pierce at 31
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals are in a good spot after free agency to draft the best player available in round one with some exceptions. Those exceptions obviously being QB and WR.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
he should be available in the 2nd
Reply/Quote
If an exceptional talent at WR fell at 31, it wouldn’t be the worse move.

Pierce is not that talent.
Reply/Quote
Pierce has been climbing boards, so not sure he makes it to us in the 2nd but not really interested in making a play at 31 for WR unless Boyd is packaged with our 2nd to come up to the top of the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 08:12 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Would you be comfortable with the Bengals taking a WR with their first round pick? I really like this Alec Pierce from UC.He’s a big receiver that is very athletic,and he’s fast.(4.41 forty)I know they have other needs,but this would sure add to Joe Burrow’s arsenal.I wouldn’t be disappointed if they selected him in the first round,if he’s still There.The Bengals just had him in for a visit.

Terrible idea
Reply/Quote
hoping Bengals do not take a WR with 1st round pick unless somebody is traded and there becomes a need.

Fine with adding a WR, but think there will be good ones available in mid to late rounds.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It would almost be worth it just to see this board’s collective head explode. :lol:

But in all seriousness, I’d love to get Pierce with a day 2 pick.

Reply/Quote
I don't believe a WR should be ruled out at #31, but not sure he'd be worth that selection.
Reply/Quote
Still can't believe we didn't take Mardy Gilyard

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 09:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Still can't believe we didn't take Mardy Gilyard

I would have bet hard money that he was drafted no more than five years ago. It's been over a decade since he was drafted. Shit. 
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 09:12 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I would have bet hard money that he was drafted no more than five years ago. It's been over a decade since he was drafted. Shit. 

Yeah time flies. He was taken in the 4th round later in that round we took a dude named Geno Atkins

Reply/Quote
Echoing some other opinions already stated in here. Would hate taking him at 31, think someone takes him before 63.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Tiger

I like him in the second round as an upscale prospect that will be around the league barring injuries for quite sometime. The catch radius is ridiculous and he tested much better than even the "experts" thought. I mocked him there in "Its Yours" . He reminds me of a bigger faster Tyler Boyd no pun intended .
Reply/Quote
I don't think so. Our 1st rd pick shouldn't be the 4th player at his position.
Reply/Quote
To those who feel we should spend a 1st round pick on a WR I would like to point out that out of the top 15 WR's in NFL last season only 3 were taken in the 1st round, Jefferson, Lamb, and Chase. Here are some examples of what those taken after the 1st round did

Player/Team...............................REC/YARDS....TD's.........Round/selection

DeVante Adams "GB".................123 - 1,553 - 11.............2nd - 53rd
Cooper Kupp "Rams"...................145 - 1,947 - 16.............3rd - 69th
Deebo Samuel "49ers".................77 - 1,405 - 6..............2nd - 36th
Stephon Diggs "Bills" .................103 - 1,225 - 10............5th - 146th
Tyreek Hill "KC"..........................111 - 1,239 - 9.............5th - 165th
Hunter Renfrow "LV"...................103 - 1,038 - 9.............5th - 149th
DK Metcalf "Seattle"......................75 - 967 - 12.............2nd - 64th
Tee Higgins "Bengals"...................74 - 1,091 - 6.............2nd - 33rd
Tyler Lockett "Seattle" ..................73 - 1,175 - 8.............3rd - 69th
Chris Godwin "TB".........................98 - 1,103 - 5.............3rd - 84th
Terry McLaurin "Wash"...................77 - 1,053 - 5.............3rd - 76th
Darnell Mooney "Bears"..................81 - 1,055 - 4.............5th - 173rd
Amon-ra St Brown "Lions"..............90 - 912 - 5..............4th - 112th

These all rank among the top WR's in the NFL and the Bengals are looking for a #4 WR that will not get many touches unless an injury occurs.
Will also add that the Bengals have had luck before in late rounds with TJ Houshmanzadeh and Marvin Jones as well and these days WR's are more NFL ready than ever before.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I really think skill positions should be the least of our concerns going into this draft. I really don't want a TE or a WR early in this draft. But if we were thinking about it then I think the move is to trade out of the first and pick up either two extra day 2 picks or maybe 1 with and early 4th. I think that would give us the Capitol to take a luxury pick early.
Reply/Quote
Add another quality DL, CB, and OL in FA and I'd be ok taking WR wherever.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not at #31 I wouldn't I think we have other areas of need here to address depth. I really see us adding a WR @ 4/5 rd, and adding an additional with 1 of our 7th rounders.

say:

4) Erik Ezukanma- 6'1 210 (Texas Tech)

7) Josh Johnson- 5'11 185 (Tulsa)

Our Roster as I see it:

1) Chase
2) Higgins
3) Boyd
4) Taylor- PR/ST- I think he's fine as a #5 guy on roster.
5) draft pick- I'd like this to be an early day 3 pick.
6) Morgan/Thomas- I think one of these gets cut.
Reply/Quote