Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex Cappa come on down
(03-14-2022, 01:43 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Cool. Saw he gave up 5 sacks last year but 0 in 2020. I think it’s a great start and a good sign that it happened so quickly. Hopefully more to come!

If he gave up only 5 sacks last year, why does the ESPN article state:  "He surrendered 10 sacks in the regular and postseason combined." Did he give up 5 sacks in the 2 postseason games?

The rest of the article reads great: "He returned in 2021, starting all 17 regular-season games and two postseason contests. His 274 run-blocking wins were most on the team last season, and his 400 pass-blocking wins were tied with center Ryan Jensen for most on the team.

He surrendered 10 sacks in the regular and postseason combined and was named a Pro Bowl alternate for the first time in his career. He also produced a 90.5% pass blocking win rate."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33501497/sources-og-alex-cappa-plans-sign-four-year-deal-cincinnati-bengals
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:56 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Hendrickson was an 80 last year after a 13 sack season. Right now, Larry O is a 75 as is Auden state. You telling me those are accurate? They both have extremely different value to our team and yet are both 75. Try a different method man.

Hendrickson is an 85. 

An 80 is a b minus. And he's on his way up. 75 of average. 

It's not like I'm saying this is right. Just a decent way to Guage players I don't know anything about. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:57 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I haven't heard this guys name at all on any list of guys available that are good. I'm not bashing it. Just seems like a lot of loot. Was looking for a bigger name to get excited about. But hey, if he works I don't care.

I wouldn't worry about the amount paid to him. I don't object to the Brown family spending $$$ and I'm trusting Duke/Zac since they've had recent FA success such as Reader & Hendrickson. I think this is exciting news. We signed a young OL who has won a Super Bowl. I bet this dude fits Zac's desire of having guys who live for the excitement of football even during the mundane practices.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Great News.Cappa is a great signing.1 down.2 to go,I hope.RT and C now please?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:57 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I haven't heard this guys name at all on any list of guys available that are good. I'm not bashing it. Just seems like a lot of loot. Was looking for a bigger name to get excited about. But hey, if he works I don't care.

Surprised you haven't heard of Cappa Hokie. Dude has been a solid foundation on Brady's OL for the last couple years.

I just didn't expect us to pay a Guard in FA as we rarely do.

Cappa was one of my faves right there with Daniels, I liked Daniels cause of his versatility and youth but Cappa is almost as young
and is more solid and more physical than Daniels. Corbett was also on my radar big time but I think we got the best RG for us, Alex
Cappa is more of the glass eater type Pollack was speaking of.
Reply/Quote
Interesting signing. He's been pretty well-rounded with TB, gotten better every year.
I forgot how athletic he was.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
exciting, this isn't the same bengals we once knew.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:37 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Yeah, Collins is good, but I’d rather give Morgan Moses that contract without giving up the pick. Moses seems like a high character guy, doesn’t give me red flags, is about as good, and we keep the pick.

Moses was a bench player at the start of last year on a 4M deal who got a shot when Becton went down and was pretty good. He will be 30 or 31.

Collins red flags are not that crazy, as another poster mentioned this morning; our fans cheer on Joe Mixon every game with zero issue of him breaking a girls face which was a million times worse. There may be a bit of an overreaction to a Top RT missing a few drug tests on a substance that isn’t banned anymore.

I’m more concerned about Collins general attitude than that suspension. Or if there is something more we don’t know. What we do know is that Moses is several tiers behind Collins as to talent and production.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Surprised you haven't heard of Cappa Hokie. Dude has been a solid foundation on Brady's OL for the last couple years.

I just didn't expect us to pay a Guard in FA as we rarely do.

Cappa was one of my faves right there with Daniels, I liked Daniels cause of his versatility and youth but Cappa is almost as young
and is more solid and more physical than Daniels. Corbett was also on my radar big time but I think we got the best RG for us, Alex
Cappa is more of the glass eater type Pollack was speaking of.
I've seen plenty of folks talking up Daniels around here. But nothing on Cappa. Was he the 7th rated OG in FA? We have money to go up that list.

Hey, I hope he works out. Just saying it seems out of left field. Aside from the position obviously
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:23 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Nice job to the Bengals organization for making this deal happen. Fingers crossed nothing crazy happens like a Tom Brady intervention with Cappa.

This dude will look great with a Bengals helmet on:

[Image: 1183284443.jpg.jpg]

Our advantage here is do you want to block for Brady for a year or Burrow for many years. Older guys like the center will chose Brady and a 1 or 2 year deal. Younger guys will lean towards Burrow and a longer contract.
Reply/Quote
I think the need to announce Cappa's signing ASAP was to entice a targeted Center to come to Cin. I bet we get a center signing soon.

Cappa seems great, but he's on the lighter side. He had to bulk up to his 305 lbs.
Reply/Quote
Lmao. Steelers sign Biscuit. Omg that's awesome
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Moses was a bench player at the start of last year on a 4M deal who got a shot when Becton went down and was pretty good.  He will be 30 or 31.

Collins red flags are not that crazy, as another poster mentioned this morning; our fans cheer on Joe Mixon every game with zero issue of him breaking a girls face which was a million times worse.  There may be a bit of an overreaction to a Top RT missing a few drug tests on a substance that isn’t banned anymore.

I’m more concerned about Collins general attitude than that suspension.  Or if there is something more we don’t know.  What we do know is that Moses is several tiers behind Collins as to talent and production.

I think the difference with Mixon is he has had zero problems in the NFL and has been an outstanding person and teammate.

Collins? Not so much. But so true about the player, no one is better that is possible. Maybe McGlinchey in a trade?

Doesn't have any baggage and is still young.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: At least spell his name right if you are going to hype Carman.

Carman can still start at LG where he is more comfortable anyways.

I don’t want Carman starting on the line at all

Let him get back up reps, and if he shows to be decent, then you can start him the following year
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:07 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I've seen plenty of folks talking up Daniels around here. But nothing on Cappa. Was he the 7th rated OG in FA? We have money to go up that list.

Hey, I hope he works out. Just saying it seems out of left field. Aside from the position obviously

He’s a top 10 graded RG that just won a Super Bowl ring a year ago. It’s hardly “out of left field.”

But as usual, some people will work hard to find something wrong with a move just because they didn’t see the player mentioned a lot.

Reply/Quote
Carman at LG? So now LG is the weak spot that has to be upgraded

I can’t believe after the showing Carman had in 21 that some of you are pumped to have him be the starting LG in 22

Unreal
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:07 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I've seen plenty of folks talking up Daniels around here. But nothing on Cappa. Was he the 7th rated OG in FA? We have money to go up that list.

Yeah, I wasn't mentioning Cappa often either. Thought Jensen was our target from Tampa which was my reasons.

Adam Jones must of been drunk and said Jensen instead of Cappa LMAO!!!

(03-14-2022, 02:08 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Our advantage here is do you want to block for Brady for a year or Burrow for many years. Older guys like the center will chose Brady and a 1 or 2 year deal. Younger guys will lean towards Burrow and a longer contract.

Great points, completely agree.

(03-14-2022, 02:08 PM)Yogo Wrote: I think the need to announce Cappa's signing ASAP was to entice a targeted Center to come to Cin.  I bet we get a center signing soon.

Cappa seems great, but he's on the lighter side.  He had to bulk up to his 305 lbs.

Could be correct, with Cappa a top Center is much more likely to come here than if Adeniji was still listed as the starting RG lol
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s a top 10 graded RG that just won a Super Bowl ring a year ago. It’s hardly “out of left field.”

But as usual, some people will work hard to find something wrong with a move just because they didn’t see the player mentioned a lot.

Where is he's top ten rated guard? 

Work hard? When we sign a guy I don't know and isn't high on the fa list I have some questions. 

Excuse me for not knowing who he is. Not claiming to. Just not going to praise him blindly. Would like to see more. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:10 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I don’t want Carman starting on the line at all

Let him get back up reps, and if he shows to be decent, then you can start him the following year

(03-14-2022, 02:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Carman at LG? So now LG is the weak spot that has to be upgraded

I can’t believe after the showing Carman had in 21 that some of you are pumped to have him be the starting LG in 22

Unreal

Carman played decent at LG last year in filling in for Spain when he was injured, surprised you didn't notice this Frank.

Carman just doesn't look comfortable on the right side. His hand placement is off. He is much better at LG.

I am not pumped to have him starting unless he earns it outright. He is a 2nd round pick with high upside.

Hope he gets it together or we bring in someone who can get the job done at LG or D'Ante impresses.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:14 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Where is he's top ten rated guard? 

Work hard? When we sign a guy I don't know and isn't high on the fa list I have some questions. 

Excuse me for not knowing who he is. Not claiming to. Just not going to praise him blindly. Would like to see more. 

I don't put much stock in PFF, but Cappa was highly rated and I DO put much more stock in PFF than Madden lol
Reply/Quote