Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex Cappa come on down
I'm pumped at how quickly this info came out. I made a few posts today noting I think we'll need to be patient as fans for a FA signing. It's oh so sweet to have been wrong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:37 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Yeah, Collins is good, but I’d rather give Morgan Moses that contract without giving up the pick. Moses seems like a high character guy, doesn’t give me red flags, is about as good, and we keep the pick.

I getcha, all for Morgan Moses as well as you know. But he isn't near the player Collins is either.

La'el when healthy and motivated might be the best RT in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Love the signing, just hope this isn’t it. Would like 2 significant OL additions via FA/Trade and a hefty portion of the draft dedicated to it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Alex Cappa is an interesting choice. He wouldn't be a guy I would peg for a wide zone or heavy spread pass offense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The fact that Bucs fans are whining already about us getting him has made me feel better about the signing. But I was hoping for a HR OL signing, this is like a single or a double.

Still a massive upgrade from Adeniji. We now have TWO above average OL starters. One below average guy (Hopkins), and two replacement level spots (RT & LG).
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:41 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The fact that Bucs fans are whining already about us getting him has made me feel better about the signing. But I was hoping for a HR OL signing, this is like a single or a double.

Still a massive upgrade from Adeniji. We now have TWO above average OL starters. One below average guy (Hopkins), and two replacement level spots (RT & LG).

Well, At least its something,  its a heckuva upgrade, and hes young and will only get better.  Plus hes tough and doesnt miss games.  Its VERY solid signing
Reply/Quote
Cool. Saw he gave up 5 sacks last year but 0 in 2020. I think it’s a great start and a good sign that it happened so quickly. Hopefully more to come!
Reply/Quote
So when are Burrow and Cappa enjoying a Jeff Ruby's steak together?
Reply/Quote
It’s a great start. Pick up a quality RT or Center and then hit the draft with 31+ and the line is looking so much better.
Reply/Quote
Solid pickup. Cappa is entering his prime, is tough as nails, and has a ring already. Bengals shut down the annual FA panic before it ever had a chance to get started.
Reply/Quote
Not bad.

Not bad at all.

A long term contract for a young player at a position of need at a market value AAV.

Fantastic way to start the free agency period.
Reply/Quote
I know it's a video game but Madden is pretty accurate. Dude is a 75. Not sure that's something to get excited about. Average for that money
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:49 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I know it's a video game but Madden is pretty accurate. Dude is a 75. Not sure that's something to get excited about. Average for that money

No it’s not. LOL

Reply/Quote
Cappa zero sacks 2020 1 penalty in the fourth most snaps and glass eater. Sounds good to me. Get a center now
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:45 PM)wanga Wrote: It’s a great start. Pick up a quality RT or Center and then hit the draft with 31+ and the line is looking so much better.

Bring in Daryl Williams, Morgan Moses or Trent Brown and draft Linderbaum at 31?

(03-14-2022, 01:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: Solid pickup.  Cappa is entering his prime, is tough as nails, and has a ring already.  Bengals shut down the annual FA panic before it ever had a chance to get started.

Well said. This is the way you like to see the Bengals attack FA. Early especially after the Superbowl that emphasized the 
needs in bold letters. O-LINEMAN IS WHAT THIS TEAM NEEDS!!! Solid RG in Alex Cappa is as good of a start as I
can think of. Well done by the FO.

(03-14-2022, 01:47 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Not bad.

Not bad at all.

A long term contract for a young player at a position of need at a market value AAV.

Fantastic way to start the free agency period.

Yes, the youth of Cappa is the icing on the cake.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No it’s not. LOL

Okay. I disagree. Made a lot of money simming games to bet. 
Reply/Quote
If we pick up one more from the Bucs OL, you think Brady might re-retire?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:53 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Okay. I disagree. Made a lot of money simming games to bet. 

The speeds alone on that game are so off it’s hard to take seriously. I haven’t played it in years, but I have to smh at some of the ratings they give out.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:53 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Okay. I disagree. Made a lot of money simming games to bet. 

Hendrickson was an 80 last year after a 13 sack season. Right now, Larry O is a 75 as is Auden state. You telling me those are accurate? They both have extremely different value to our team and yet are both 75. Try a different method man.
Reply/Quote
I haven't heard this guys name at all on any list of guys available that are good. I'm not bashing it. Just seems like a lot of loot. Was looking for a bigger name to get excited about. But hey, if he works I don't care.
Reply/Quote