Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex Cappa come on down
The thing about Cappa is he's a RG (isn't he?), so the Carman at RG project must be scrapped.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was expecting young free agents. This is great news. Alex won't be 30 until last season of this 4 year deal.

Also from a winning organization, look for that to be a running theme here in the early days of FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:10 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Not happy with this signing. I would have rather start Jackson Carmen.

Cappa is a RG.  Carman was better at LG. As of now: 

Jonah -- Carman -- Hopkins -- Cappa -- Prince 

Reserves: Smith, Adeniji, Hill, Johnson, Gaillard. 

RT is the biggest need on the line ATM. Another guard and a C upgrade would be welcome, too. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL

Your opinion would probably carry more weight if you knew how to spell his name correctly…

Anyway, Cappa graded out very well last year (74.2). Not sure what there is not to like.

Everyone has their faves, doesn't matter how good the player is. It is all about preference around here.

I wasn't even mentioning Cappa often cause I thought RT and Center were more likely.  I sure liked Cappa every time I 
watched him play. Dude doesn't play on roller skates like Adeniji, major upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The thing about Cappa is he's a RG, so the Carman at RG project must be scrapped.

I think based on if they go C or RT in FA you could see him either battling at LG or RT next year. 
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
He's now arguably the team's best offensive lineman upgrading the team's weakest position from last year. Now THAT is a good start to free agency.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:17 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Reports are we're looking into Bozeman. Not sure if that's concrete, but we're not done at C and hopefully at least not done at RT.

Bozeman doesn't really seem to fit scheme wise but who knows? Doesn't mean he CAN'T play in a wide zone.

Would be all for it. Still want to trade for La'el Collins, cannot say it enough lol

This OL would be damn good with Jonah - Carman/D'Ante - Bozeman - Cappa - Collins

Or at least upgraded big time.

(03-14-2022, 01:17 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Carman belongs on the left side, not the right. Capps plays RG, which was our weakest spot. #9 RG per PFF. Boom!

Dark horse- if the medicals are good I want to trade for Mike McGlinchey. Brown and Tobin loved him when he came out of the draft. Niners may want to unload his contract, and before the injury, he was playing great all-around football (outside that one Cardinals game).

All true, would love if we traded for McGlinchey myself and he doesn't have the red flags Collins has.
Reply/Quote
Nice job to the Bengals organization for making this deal happen. Fingers crossed nothing crazy happens like a Tom Brady intervention with Cappa.

This dude will look great with a Bengals helmet on:

[Image: 1183284443.jpg.jpg]
Reply/Quote
mean's we're out of the Schreff market. i dig Schreff's talent but Cappa is less of a question mark and from a winning program.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: mean's we're out of the Schreff market. i dig Schreff's talent but Cappa is less of a question mark and from a winning program.

Schreff's is 4 years older and would cost a lot more.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bozeman doesn't really seem to fit scheme wise but who knows? Doesn't mean he CAN'T play in a wide zone.

Would be all for it. Still want to trade for La'el Collins, cannot say it enough lol

This OL would be damn good with Jonah - Carman/D'Ante - Bozeman - Cappa - Collins

Or at least upgraded big time.

All true, would love if we traded for McGlinchey myself and he doesn't have the red flags Collins has.
Collins’ red flags really concern me. From arriving at camp overweight to the Cowboys openly shopping him, I think there’s something wrong and Dallas really wants him off the team. Steele is not that great (though he’s not a total liability), and Collins really doesn’t save them much cap space (only $1.5M I think) so that screams red flags all over.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Why are they saying they are guilty of illegal tampering?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:25 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Collins’ red flags really concern me. From arriving at camp overweight to the Cowboys openly shopping him, I think there’s something wrong and Dallas really wants him off the team. Steele is not that great (though he’s not a total liability), and Collins really doesn’t save them much cap space (only $1.5M I think) so that screams red flags all over.

Now you've done it.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was expecting young free agents. This is great news. Alex won't be 30 until last season of this 4 year deal.

Agreed, it's worth highlighting him being younger than other rumored targets is a total positive.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:26 PM)sloSTI Wrote: Why are they saying they are guilty of illegal tampering?

well legal tampering didnt start till noon today... So its very doubtful they worked out this deal then leaked it to the twitter guy in less than 60 seconds

so they are definately guilty of illegal tampering....
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:26 PM)sloSTI Wrote: Why are they saying they are guilty of illegal tampering?

Cause Pac Man

Reply/Quote

All teams technically are today that 'sign' players. People tweeting about it are just being cry babies because they don't like him leaving and going to the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
If the trade for Collins happens that would be a new starting right side for the price of 1 terron armstead.

I think I could live with a line of Jonah, carman, Hopkins Cappa and Collins. It’s not ideal and I would still prefer a center upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote