Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex Cappa come on down
(03-14-2022, 02:43 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Isn’t tampering like speeding? Everyone does it. And it’s only speeding if you get caught.

Isn't that basically...every crime/violation? lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Laken Tomlinson got 3 years, $40 million.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Laken Tomlinson got 3 years, $40 million.

We got the much better deal for Cappa, 1 more year for the same amount. Plus Cappa is a RG all the way and young.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Carman at LG? So now LG is the weak spot that has to be upgraded

I can’t believe after the showing Carman had in 21 that some of you are pumped to have him be the starting LG in 22

Unreal

He was a rookie. A 2nd round pick. If he’s the worst on the line, I can live with that. A high draft pick needs to play to see what we got. Can’t invest a 2nd round just to sign a 10+M player to start. We can’t build a team that way. To stay under cap we need rookies to play above their pay. That’s how we can sign other FA to make the roster better. Time will tell on Carman. He very well may be a bust but we need more time to find that out.
Reply/Quote
Ima gonna call him Busta
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:10 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: He was a rookie. A 2nd round pick. If he’s the worst on the line, I can live with that. A high draft pick needs to play to see what we got. Can’t invest a 2nd round just to sign a 10+M player to start. We can’t build a team that way. To stay under cap we need rookies to play above their pay. That’s how we can sign other FA to make the roster better. Time will tell on Carman. He very well may be a bust but we need more time to find that out.

Shocking that posters on this board that seem to indicate they understand football  that simply want to give up on a player after a year and especially one acclimating from LT to NFL G. Bad pick or judgement from the Bengals especially with other players they could have had at the spot? Quite possibly but every team in the league drafts players in the mid-rounds that simply need a year to get over injury, have great assets but just need maturity or just need to get healthy and retool their bodies. Get rid of all these "losers" as some people indicate and you'll find yourself in cellar of the AFC north.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Laken Tomlinson got 3 years, $40 million.

Ave/yr is $3M more than PFF projected. Puts him at #3 for LGs today. Might change by tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
Not even the GOAT could stop him from wanting to come here and play with Burrow…

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Isn't that basically...every crime/violation? lol

Yeah, basically. But, sin on the other hand, you’re ****** even when you get away with it.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not even the GOAT could stop him from wanting to come here and play with Burrow…

Well, Cappa can always backtrack, no? Nothing is set in stone. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, basically. But, sin on the other hand, you’re ****** even when you get away with it.

Assuming you believe sin is real, obviously.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
And this’ll do it. Already a successful FA. Kept Bates, Hill, and signed 2 top OL
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:24 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Well, Cappa can always backtrack, no? Nothing is set in stone. 

Well, sure, but if Brady was able to convince him this deal probably never gets announced.

Reply/Quote
I guess with Ogunjobi gone Cappa gets to keep #65... and Karras would get #67 if Spain is not re-signed.
Reply/Quote
Right now with Karras at 6 per and Cappa at 10 per we are way under my predicted number of 25-30 million spent on the line. I think we’ve got another mid level guy coming in.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:10 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: He was a rookie. A 2nd round pick. If he’s the worst on the line, I can live with that. A high draft pick needs to play to see what we got. Can’t invest a 2nd round just to sign a 10+M player to start. We can’t build a team that way. To stay under cap we need rookies to play above their pay. That’s how we can sign other FA to make the roster better. Time will tell on Carman. He very well may be a bust but we need more time to find that out.

Im fine with starting him year 3.

He was so awful his first year that if he improved his game just a little bit, he would still be bad.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:08 PM)Housh Wrote: Right now with Karras at 6 per and Cappa at 10 per we are way under my predicted number of 25-30 million spent on the line. I think we’ve got another mid level guy coming in.

We better have someone else coming in. What they have done so far is good but not good enough. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We better have someone else coming in. What they have done so far is good but not good enough. 

"not good enough" is still better than what we had last season, right? I'll take it!
Reply/Quote
Hobson's latest headline:

"Bengals Over the Cappa"

"With the signings of Cappa (10m avg) and Karras ($6m avg), the Bengals are now $37 million over the Cappa and will be forfeiting all 2022 draft picks and cutting Joe Burrow. When contacted about this stunning development, Zac Taylor said "we wanted to keep Burrow safe, and nowhere is safer than his parent's couch."

https://www.thisworldthesedays.com/bengals-over-the-cappa-say-adios-to-burrow.html
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:27 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Ben Jones won't be headed our way...

If we could have landed Jones we could have moved Karras to LG.  He could still end up at LG if the Bengals land Bozeman or Allen.
Reply/Quote