Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex Cappa come on down
(03-14-2022, 02:08 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Our advantage here is do you want to block for Brady for a year or Burrow for many years. Older guys like the center will chose Brady and a 1 or 2 year deal. Younger guys will lean towards Burrow and a longer contract.

My thoughts exactly on this situation.

Oh by the way, when I heard the news about the signings I hurried home so I could read all the messages on this message board.  
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 07:43 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Not sure where you are getting this information when you could be looking at Kenyon Green or Zion Johnson at 31.

Well i think if Watson goes to the Panthers they probably go oline. But the Steelers with Trubisky probably go oline and the Bucs are going to be taking a guard so that will take either Green or Johnson most likely. I've just been noticing a lot of mocks have Zion gone before our pick now. I also think a lot of the Oline guys after the main ones seem to be a reach and more of the same as what we've been taking and guys that are not ready to start right away. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:19 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:
Well i think if Watson goes to the Panthers they probably go oline.
But the Steelers with Trubisky probably go oline and the Bucs are going to be taking a guard so that will take either Green or Johnson most likely. I've just been noticing a lot of mocks have Zion gone before our pick now. I also think a lot of the Oline guys after the main ones seem to be a reach and more of the same as what we've been taking and guys that are ready to start right away. 

If they get Watson, they will have no #1 or maybe #2 pick in 2022. They want 3 #1 one picks for him
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
https://www.bengals.com/news/o-line-gurus-praise-bengals-reported-additions-as-free-agency-opens
Reply/Quote
The Cappa and Karras signing already has me popping wood like a school boy when the wind blows.

If they trade for Collins or sign a solid RT am certain a Big O is assured.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If they get Watson, they will have no #1 or maybe #2 pick in 2022. They want 3 #1 one picks for him

Ahhh. Good point. So maybe a lineman could fall. I just don't really want to gamble of that unless we can get a RT without a trade. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The Cappa and Karras signing already has me popping wood like a school boy when the wind blows.

Absolutely! 2/5 of the OL upgraded before you can even sign a FA. This by itself is enormous and will save Burrow lots of bruises, keep him on the field longer, throwing more TDS, Mixon having longer runs and the defense getting more rest!
Reply/Quote
Yep. Cappa at 4/35 instead of 4/40 is also nice.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:30 PM)M.W. Wrote: Absolutely! 2/5 of the OL upgraded before you can even sign a FA. This by itself is enormous and will save Burrow lots of bruises, keep him on the field longer, throwing more TDS, Mixon having longer runs and the defense getting more rest!

Thank you! People keep forgetting about improving the rushing attack but you didn’t!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 07:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: Turns out it’s more so 35 Over 4 with incentives.

(03-14-2022, 07:15 PM)Au165 Wrote: Just saw, it’s officially a 6.75 hit in 2022. They are going to come out of today with far more cap than we think it looks like with Hopkins and Waynes still likely cuts.

(03-14-2022, 07:17 PM)samhain Wrote: You have to think a significant right tackle is imminent.  

(03-14-2022, 07:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: Kind of feels like there is still a big move to drop. None of the big time tackles have signed yet so maybe there, could be an edge rusher as a dark horse too I think.

All fantastic news, loved today so far. We will see how this sorts out in a day or two. Sure was a great start to FA. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The Cappa and Karras signing already has me popping wood like a school boy when the wind blows.

(03-14-2022, 09:30 PM)M.W. Wrote: Absolutely! 2/5 of the OL upgraded before you can even sign a FA. This by itself is enormous and will save Burrow lots of bruises, keep him on the field longer, throwing more TDS, Mixon having longer runs and the defense getting more rest!

(03-14-2022, 09:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Thank you!  People keep forgetting about improving the rushing attack but you didn’t!

That is the thing, now we are much more unpredictable and it will be hard to stop the rushing attack and this is from just 
2 moves. Both Cappa and Karras are fantastic run blockers. Let alone very good in pass protection to boot. RG is upgraded 
so much with Cappa I cannot even mention how much.  Karras is about as good as Hop in pass protection but is a much 
better run blocker.

We get a good vet RT in here and this Offense is going to be one of the best in the NFL in all aspects, not just passing.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We get a good vet RT in here and this Offense is going to be one of the best in the NFL in all aspects, not just passing.

We need an upgrade at center too; maybe Bradley Bozeman. Today’s moves extended Joe Burrow’s and Joe Mixon’s career.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: We need an upgrade at center too; maybe Bradley Bozeman. Today’s moves extended Joe Burrow’s and Joe Mixon’s career.

Karras is playing Center, at least Hobson is alluding to it and I think it makes sense.
Reply/Quote

[Image: N95woj.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: Karras is playing Center, at least Hobson is alluding to it and I think it makes sense.

I hope not. He is not much of an upgrade over Hopkins. He is a better G than a C. Then we still have a LG issue. 

Hobson is the mouthpiece, but he was totally wrong on FA, so I hope he keeps it up. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:35 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I hope not. He is not much of an upgrade over Hopkins. He is a better G than a C. Then we still have a LG issue. 

Hobson is the mouthpiece, but he was totally wrong on FA, so I hope he keeps it up. 

Ted Karras is most likely going to play center. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:35 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I hope not. He is not much of an upgrade over Hopkins. He is a better G than a C. Then we still have a LG issue. 

Much better run blocker, he doesn't have to be a big upgrade over Hop in pass protection, both are good at this.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Ted Karras is most likely going to play center. 

I don't want Hopkins back. He had a terrible year and wasn't good by any stretch in the playoffs, either. Spain to Karras at LG would almost be a lateral move or barely an upgrade. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: We need an upgrade at center too; maybe Bradley Bozeman.  Today’s moves extended Joe Burrow’s and Joe Mixon’s career.

What is nice is Karras is very versatile and this is a possibility. Still think RT is the biggest need now and by a wide margin.

We can draft Linderbaum or another Center early and keep Hop if we want put Karras at LG.

Still think Karras is the Center and we add a RT and draft another Guard to compete at LG with Carman and D'Ante.
Reply/Quote
I am beyond thrilled. I just hoped that they would seal one upgrade to the interior line before the draft to open things up. They outdid my expectations on both quality and quantity. This really opens their options in the draft.

Awesome.
Reply/Quote