Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex Cappa come on down
(03-14-2022, 10:53 PM)Roland Wrote: I am beyond thrilled.  I just hoped that they would seal one upgrade to the interior line before the draft to open things up.  They outdid my expectations on both quality and quantity.   This really opens their options in the draft.  

Awesome.

Yes Roland and it isn't over either. Bet they are just letting FA shake itself out for a minute. 

They did very well early in solidifying the trenches. Get that RT and we are more than good.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:35 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I hope not. He is not much of an upgrade over Hopkins. He is a better G than a C. Then we still have a LG issue. 

Hobson is the mouthpiece, but he was totally wrong on FA, so I hope he keeps it up. 

I believe he will be the Center unless we get a Center on day 2 in which case they will swing him to LG.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't want Hopkins back. He had a terrible year and wasn't good by any stretch in the playoffs, either. Spain to Karras at LG would almost be a lateral move or barely an upgrade. 

He might be the most overrated Bengal on this board. He looks ok just because the rest of the line is terrible. 
Reply/Quote
Hobson says we have Karras penciled in at Center.

Normally I take what he says with a grain of salt, but not when he's so matter of fact about it.

Clearly he was told he's going to be a Center for us. As he was last time he played with Brady.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hobson says we have Karras penciled in at Center.

Normally I take what he says with a grain of salt, but not when he's so matter of fact about it.

Clearly he was told he's going to be a Center for us. As he was last time he played with Brady.

So we still need a RT and LG presumably.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So we still need a RT and LG presumably.

I highly doubt they sign a LG, they want Carmen playing in 2022, and to be honest we need him to.  I guess we could get a Spain type for insurance?

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:48 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I highly doubt they sign a LG, they want Carmen playing in 2022, and to be honest we need him to.  I guess we could get a Spain type for insurance?

I think penicilling in Carman as a starter is a huge mistake.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think penicilling in Carman as a starter is a huge mistake.

Do not confuse my belief in what I think they might do with what I prefer... I'd be on the phone with Norwell discussing that hometown discount.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He might be the most overrated Bengal on this board. He looks ok just because the rest of the line is terrible. 

Thank you. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. Many fans tend to overrated some of their team's players, and Hopkins, a below average starting center, happens to be an example of that. He's had mostly trash players around him, so he looks great in comparison because he isn't a complete liability. But he can definitely be improved upon for little to no extra cost.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:52 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Do not confuse my belief in what I think they might do with what I prefer... I'd be on the phone with Norwell discussing that hometown discount.

They might wait until the dust settles on spending and add a value guy.

Hoping they still add a RT.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So we still need a RT and LG presumably.

I think we'll sign a RT, but LG is going to be a competition between Carman, Adeniji, lower FA signing, and/or a draft pick. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Thank you!  People keep forgetting about improving the rushing attack but you didn’t!

Think the improved rushing attack is what will help Burrow the most personally. 

Has always been my stance that Bengals should target O-line players who are adequate at Pass Pro but much better run blockers. 

Because the only thing that hurts Burrow besides sacks(apparently Mahomes too) is when a team can slow the run and get pressure with a 4 man front and dropping everybody else into coverage. 

Once they have to commit to stopping the Bengals run there will be no stopping our WR's and we could be lighting up the scoreboard like a pinball machine played by Tommy. 

If they get Collins ? Think he grades out at 89 on run blocking but drops on Pass Pro.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So we still need a RT and LG presumably.

Yup. It was a nice start, but we're only halfway done.

Hopefully we get some news in the next couple days.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
As long as he doesnt flip like gregory

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 08:56 PM)jeremydc Wrote: As long as he doesnt flip like gregory

Word is that Jerry got Gregory to agree, announced the signing, then they tinkered with the numbers to make it a more favorable contract for the Cowboys. So I don't blame Gregory for balking if that's the case.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 09:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Word is that Jerry got Gregory to agree, announced the signing, then they tinkered with the numbers to make it a more favorable contract for the Cowboys. So I don't blame Gregory for balking if that's the case.

Nah, it was standard language around suspensions and forfeiture of money. He was given some out of context advice that “Dak didn’t have that language but in reality every other player on the Cowboys does. I don’t blame him to an extent but also his agent kind of misled him.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 12:38 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I think we'll sign a RT, but LG is going to be a competition between Carman, Adeniji, lower FA signing, and/or a draft pick. 

I'm thinking we're waiting out the Collins sweepstakes, but Plan B is Moses.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 09:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: Nah, it was standard language around suspensions and forfeiture of money. He was given some out of context advice that “Dak didn’t have that language but in reality every other player on the Cowboys does. I don’t blame him to an extent but also his agent kind of misled him.

Yep. Dak was the only Cowboy without that wording.

The Cowboys are imploding.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 12:38 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I think we'll sign a RT, but LG is going to be a competition between Carman, Adeniji, lower FA signing, and/or a draft pick. 

This is my bet and if Linderbaum is there at 31 we take him and Karras starts at LG, best case scenario IMO.

Jonah - Karras - Linderbaum - Cappa - Collins/whoever

Major upgrades across the OL. Linderbaum might struggle a little early like every rookie but he will have solid starting vets on 
both sides of him to help him out.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is my bet and if Linderbaum is there at 31 we take him and Karras starts at LG, best case scenario IMO.

Jonah - Karras - Linderbaum - Cappa - Collins/whoever

Major upgrades across the OL. Linderbaum might struggle a little early like every rookie but he will have solid starting vets on 
both sides of him to help him out.

Sorry, but I can't get on the undersized Center train. II don't care how good his technique is, the other guys across from him have techinique as well. I want a big bull in there at Center.
Reply/Quote