Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex Cappa come on down
(03-16-2022, 01:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Sorry, but I can't get on the undersized Center train. II don't care how good his technique is, the other guys across from him have techinique as well. I want a big bull in there at Center.

Karras then?

I keep hearing from dudes that he is a much better LG than Center?

Bozeman is the guy you must be speaking of, is he still around?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Karras then?

I keep hearing from dudes that he is a much better LG than Center?

Bozeman is the guy you must be speaking of, is he still around?

I don't really have anyone in particular in mind, I just don't think Linderbaum will have the anchor to play NFL center effectively unless he gets bigger.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't really have anyone in particular in mind, I just don't think Linderbaum will have the anchor to play NFL center effectively unless he gets bigger.

His short arms are the only thing that concern me and that is a valid concern especially in the AFC North.

We have big, physical NT's in this Division. I could see us passing on Linderbaum for these very reasons.

Still, don't know who your big bull at Center is. Karras is physical but he isn't really big compared to other OL.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 09:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: Nah, it was standard language around suspensions and forfeiture of money. He was given some out of context advice that “Dak didn’t have that language but in reality every other player on the Cowboys does. I don’t blame him to an extent but also his agent kind of misled him.

Meh. If I'm offered 2 deals of the same value, and one has a behavioral clause and the other doesn't, I'm taking the one without the clause.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. If I'm offered 2 deals of the same value, and one has a behavioral clause and the other doesn't, I'm taking the one without the clause.

If you have decent behavior to start with, it shouldn't be an issue.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. If I'm offered 2 deals of the same value, and one has a behavioral clause and the other doesn't, I'm taking the one without the clause.

They also stood by him as he continued to get suspended for drugs and oversaw him getting help and reinstated back into the league. Again, don't blame him because they didn't forewarn him it would be there but I think with better communication both ways he is in Dallas still.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If you have decent behavior to start with, it shouldn't be an issue.

Well for Gregory, it is. For a lot of Cowboys it is. They've taken a lot of high risk players through the years, hence them putting this clause in a lot of contracts. It came back to bite them.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: They also stood by him as he continued to get suspended for drugs and oversaw him getting help and reinstated back into the league. 

True, but that's the risk the Cowboys take with these types of players.

I'm glad our team stopped taking high risk guys.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 09:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: Nah, it was standard language around suspensions and forfeiture of money. He was given some out of context advice that “Dak didn’t have that language but in reality every other player on the Cowboys does. I don’t blame him to an extent but also his agent kind of misled him.

FWIW, Gregory's agent claimed the Cowboys slid in some language that made all guarantees null and void if Gregory gets a fine.  He said he'd never seen that from any other team.  The Cowboys then tried to claim that it was their standard language, but he later found out wasn't in Dak's contract.  He said it was common language in case of suspensions, but not fines.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
we know he already said no once...hopefully he is a man of his word

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 02:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: FWIW, Gregory's agent claimed the Cowboys slid in some language that made all guarantees null and void if Gregory gets a fine.  He said he'd never seen that from any other team.  The Cowboys then tried to claim that it was their standard language, but he later found out wasn't in Dak's contract.  He said it was common language in case of suspensions, but not fines.

It is in every deal Cowboys do, Dak is the exception so picking the exception isn't a good rule. I know what the agent said, it was misleading because it was in his previous deal as well. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 02:37 PM)pally Wrote: we know he already said no once...hopefully he is a man of his word

Would be smart to keep his word, I am not worried.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 02:37 PM)pally Wrote: we know he already said no once...hopefully he is a man of his word

The fact they just traded for a G tells me they are moving on in a different direction.
Reply/Quote
Wonder what the chances Gronk and a couple of others tell Brady no, and he decides to retire again after getting the other guys to sign. I wouldn't be hedging my bet on Brady at this point in time if I were them.
Reply/Quote

To me it sounds like Gronk, Suh, and Fournette. Not sure if there’s anyone names I missed who haven’t already reportedly re-signed but I’d imagine it would be the likes of them, and not Cappa changing his mind.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 04:33 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: To me it sounds like Gronk, Suh, and Fournette. Not sure if there’s anyone names I missed who haven’t already reportedly re-signed but I’d imagine it would be the likes of them, and not Cappa changing his mind.

Anyone can change their mind till the contract is signed....

Ask Them cowboys fans
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 04:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Anyone can change their mind till the contract is signed....

Ask Them cowboys fans

Or ask Buffalo about JD McKissick.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

I suspect Brady's unretirement is the reason the Bengals raced to the podium Monday to announce their deal with Kappa.

The longer this news is out there the more painful (in theory) it should be for Kappa to change his mind.
Reply/Quote
Was I off my meds thinking we'd have official announcements shortly after 4 for Cappa, Karras, and Hill? Clark Harris, too.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 05:58 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Was I off my meds thinking we'd have official announcements shortly after 4 for Cappa, Karras, and Hill? Clark Harris, too.

they wont make any offical announcement until the contracts are signed
Reply/Quote