Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the starters go Thursday Ross out
Refresh my memory.... wasn't Ross making noise about racing other sprinters back in the off season? He isn't practicing because of what he tells Taylor and the trainers when they ask him. No one knows for sure, but it sure feels to me like he just wants to collect a check and he doesn't want to put out.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 01:11 PM)Whatever Wrote: Straw man much?

Nothing I said hasn't already happened.

It's pretty much the story of Ross's career.

Reality much?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 01:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's a very assuming take with no basis in reality. You have no confirmation that Ross is "skipping" preseason just because he wants to.

Facts:
- He suffered a hamstring injury on July 29.
- It was estimated to take 2 weeks to recover
- Ross was just on the rehab field

You cannot with certainty say he's fully recovered from his hamstring injury and just refusing to play in preseason because he wants to.

So we've gone from day to day, to he's not injured at all it's ZT holding him back, to it was an estimated 2 week recovery?

Forgive those of us who can't seem to keep up with the Ross spin and excuses from now a 2nd coaching staff.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 01:23 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Ross would be a $10 million cap hit if he was cut this year.  No way do the Bengals cut him.  Wouldn't matter if the hamstring prevented him from playing at all.  We're just going to have to accept the fact that he's taking up a roster spot maybe at the expense of the others.  We're in bad shape at WR, so my guess is that they lean on Mixon and Eifert early on with hopes that AJ comes back 100% and Ross finally makes it on the field.  

Ross has had constant problems since the beginning, whether it being mental or physical, so I wouldn't expect anything from him.  I'd prefer they give someone else a shot at WR3, but they're not paying him to sit on his ass, that's for sure.   I guess we'll just have to wait it out.
How much of a cap hit would it be if we traded him for a 5th round pick if we could get it for him???
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 01:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's a very assuming take with no basis in reality. You have no confirmation that Ross is "skipping" preseason just because he wants to.

Facts:
- He suffered a hamstring injury on July 29.
- It was estimated to take 2 weeks to recover
- Ross was just on the rehab field

You cannot with certainty say he's fully recovered from his hamstring injury and just refusing to play in preseason because he wants to.
Show me anything saying he was injured and I will leave the lil guy alone and quit picking on him. It was for the 20th time tightness in his hamstring NOT a pulled hamstring.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 01:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Refresh my memory.... wasn't Ross making noise about racing other sprinters back in the off season? He isn't practicing because of what he tells Taylor and the trainers when they ask him. No one knows for sure, but it sure feels to me like he just wants to collect a check and he doesn't want to put out.
This ^^^^^^^^ 
Reply/Quote
Trade him to the Raiders. He will have any helmet they tell him to have while sitting on the bench.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 10:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Geoff Hobson:  “Do you have any desire to let Finley take reps with the first team?”

Zac Taylor:  “No. I think it’s good for that unit to work together as a whole right now.”

Good Coaching Decision
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 01:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's never Ross's fault. Both coaching staffs barely let him practice. We've heard it was Marvin's dog house, and blamed Marvin for mistreating him and not "letting him practice/play", ZT fear of injury for not letting him practice and play. Holding him back while letting players who recover from ACL tears, broken ankles practice and play. etc etc excuses excuses. Eifert is more important then Ross and yet he plays.... EIFERT OF ALL PEOPLE!

Sooooo week one when Dalton throws to him (after he's missed so much time once again) and it's a pick because once again he hasn't practiced and has no rhythm with Dalton, runs a wrong route, falls down, it'll all be Daltons fault....

I already know how this ends for Dalton.

Yeah, the excuse list fans have come up with for Ross is one of the longest I've ever seen, and very few of them even make any sense at all.

But don't worry, "he missed all of training camp this year" will become one of the new excuses for Ross this season when he has his next poor outing. I can hear it already. Another excuse we can expect to hear is "it's a new offense and he hasn't learned it yet" or something close to that. The excuses have become so predictable. I won't even be surprised to hear someone say that "we should put Finley in to see if he can connect with Ross."

I like to disprove the excuses people put forth. Somehow that gets twisted into I hate the guy. I don't hate him at all. I just want someone to step up and be a top flight WR3. Alas, I'm still wanting this.

The Ross excuse makers will claim vindication when and if Ross ever has his first 100 yard receiving game. I can see it now, "see, see, see, it was all Marvin's fault, just like I said." And they will ignore the fact that Ross has only been slightly better than 6th and 7th round picks and UDFAs he's had to compete against. The team isn't even bringing in stiff competition for him.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 01:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Refresh my memory.... wasn't Ross making noise about racing other sprinters back in the off season? He isn't practicing because of what he tells Taylor and the trainers when they ask him. No one knows for sure, but it sure feels to me like he just wants to collect a check and he doesn't want to put out.

Sounds exactly like my ex-wife...
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 01:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Nothing I said hasn't already happened.

It's pretty much the story of Ross's career.

Reality much?

Nobody ever complained about Marvin holding Ross out of practice because it didn't happen.  Ross isn't in Taylor's doghouse.  Taylor is the one saying he isn't letting him practice.  Taylor's main concern is getting and keeping everyone healthy for week 1,as he's said from the outset.  They've been holding lots of key guys out practice and games with various ailments or with nothing wrong with them at all.  The guys recovering from serious injuries were injured last year.

I haven't seen much of Andy being the whipping boy for Ross running wrong routes.  I've seen him called out for poor accuracy on deep balls to Ross, but he's been called out for that regarding a lot of WR's.
Reply/Quote
AJ Green: Produced what I'd hope for a top ten first round draft pick. I'm happy.
Tyler Boyd: Produced what I'd hope for a second round pick. I'm happy.
John Ross: Does not produce for what I'd hope for from a top ten first round pick. I'm unhappy.

Yet, that makes me a Ross hater.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 01:52 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Show me anything saying he was injured and I will leave the lil guy alone and quit picking on him. It was for the 20th time tightness in his hamstring NOT a pulled hamstring.

Quote:According to Bengals.com’s Geoff Hobson, Ross’ hamstring injury could sideline him for two weeks. The issue was thought to be just tightness in the hamstring that would only cost Ross a few days, but now it sounds like it’s a little more serious.
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/7/29/8938038/john-ross-injury-nfl-news-bengals-camp-2019
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 01:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: So we've gone from day to day, to he's not injured at all it's ZT holding him back, to it was an estimated 2 week recovery?

Forgive those of us who can't seem to keep up with the Ross spin and excuses from now a 2nd coaching staff.

What are you talking about?
It's been an estimated 2 weeks since July 29.
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/7/29/8938038/john-ross-injury-nfl-news-bengals-camp-2019
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

No.  He said before the 2017 draft that he could outrun Usain Bolt(which he can't).  DeSean Jackson challenged him to a race this off-season, but he declined.  He also didn't take part in that 40 Yards of Gold scam. 
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 02:09 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, the excuse list fans have come up with for Ross is one of the longest I've ever seen, and very few of them even make any sense at all.

But don't worry, "he missed all of training camp this year" will become one of the new excuses for Ross this season when he has his next poor outing. I can hear it already. Another excuse we can expect to hear is "it's a new offense and he hasn't learned it yet" or something close to that. The excuses have become so predictable. I won't even be surprised to hear someone say that "we should put Finley in to see if he can connect with Ross."

I like to disprove the excuses people put forth. Somehow that gets twisted into I hate the guy. I don't hate him at all. I just want someone to step up and be a top flight WR3. Alas, I'm still wanting this.

The Ross excuse makers will claim vindication when and if Ross ever has his first 100 yard receiving game. I can see it now, "see, see, see, it was all Marvin's fault, just like I said." And they will ignore the fact that Ross has only been slightly better than 6th and 7th round picks and UDFAs he's had to compete against. The team isn't even bringing in stiff competition for him.

If it makes you feel any better, there's now more misinformation, slander, made up fantasies, and character assassinations by his detractors than excuses by his supporters.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 10:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who receives the 2019 Preseason Eifert Award?

Treyveon Williams

John Ross

John Ross might have his own award here soon.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 03:02 PM)Whatever Wrote: If it makes you feel any better, there's now more misinformation, slander, made up fantasies, and character assassinations by his detractors than excuses by his supporters.

Here are some of the biggest ones:

- John Ross has been outproduced by the other receivers the past two years (although stats say otherwise).
- John Ross is healthy but just doesn't want to play in preseason! (although it was JUST reported he's on the rehab field the other day)
- John Ross just wants to collect a paycheck! (although not once has Ross ever said he didn't want to play or be in Cincinnati, all pure speculation because of his lack of stats)
- John Ross runs gives up on a routes and runs wrong routes! (only "proof" of this is the deep pass against TEN in 2017 where Ross slowed up and the ball went incomplete, not a proven constant reoccurring theme)
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Soooooooooooooooooo. No Ross this week. Probably not week four in the preseason. So, I'm guessing his first game will be Seattle. My issue with the kid, almost more than his injury, is his lack of play awareness. This kid needs reps...BAD. All this lack of game time isn't helping him.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 03:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: - John Ross runs gives up on a routes and runs wrong routes! (only "proof" of this is the deep pass against TEN in 2017 where Ross slowed up and the ball went incomplete, not a proven constant reoccurring theme)

To be faire, he gave up on a route late against the Panthers, last year and i'm pretty sure i've seen grumblings about a couple others, though they don't come to mind instantly. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote