Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA
(12-15-2017, 04:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: I tell you what...you show a good Nazi/white supremacist and I'll respond with a good person who follows Islam.

Ready?  Go!   Smirk

Richard Spencer. As far as I know, he's not hurt or killed anyone, though he does reject the label of white supremacist.

You're turn.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(12-15-2017, 04:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Richard Spencer. As far as I know, he's not hurt or killed anyone, though he does reject the label of white supremacist.

You're turn.

Gandhi, he was Muslim right? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-15-2017, 05:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gandhi, he was Muslim right? 

Nope, Hindu.
(12-15-2017, 04:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Richard Spencer. As far as I know, he's not hurt or killed anyone, though he does reject the label of white supremacist.

You're turn.

Is that going to be the criteria of "good"...never killed anyone?  I bet I have a LOT more on my side of the ledger!  

Cool

Anyway...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Ellison

Quote:Keith Maurice Ellison (born August 4, 1963) is an American politician and lawyer who has been the U.S. Representative for Minnesota's 5th congressional district since 2007 and Deputy Chair of the Democratic National Committee since 2017. Ellison is a member of the Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party (DFL), the Minnesota state Democratic Party affiliate. The district centers on Minneapolis and surrounding suburbs. He is a vice-chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and a Chief Deputy Whip, and also serves on the House Committee on Financial Services.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-15-2017, 05:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: Is that going to be the criteria of "good"...never killed anyone?  I bet I have a LOT more on my side of the ledger!  

I don't doubt there are more "good" anti-Nazis than pro-Nazis, but that doesn't make the statement that there are good people on both sides untrue. 

And if you insist on attributing the actions of a group's worst members to the entire group, I'm going to keep bringing up muslims.  ThumbsUp

GMDino Wrote:Anyway...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Ellison

A politician and a lawyer? And you criticize MY criteria for "good"? LOL

ThumbsUp

You're turn.

If a white supremacist isn't willing to call himself a white supremacist, does that make him qualified to be the standard by which all other white supremacists are measured?
(12-15-2017, 06:23 PM)Benton Wrote: If a white supremacist isn't willing to call himself a white supremacist, does that make him qualified to be the standard by which all other white supremacists are measured?

Yes.

In all seriousness, the question wasn't to name the prototypical white supremacist. Just to name a good one. No matter what he identifies himself as, his words suggest, to me, that he is a white supremacist.
The problem with the idea of a "good" member of any group is that is subjective. Spencer may not himself have committed violence, but he is a repugnant human being, a coward, and a disloyal schmuck. I don't consider him to be "good" in any sense of the word.
Aren't all white people racists?

There's your answer then.
(12-15-2017, 06:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes.

In all seriousness, the question wasn't to name the prototypical white supremacist. Just to name a good one. No matter what he identifies himself as, his words suggest, to me, that he is a white supremacist.

(12-15-2017, 06:32 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The problem with the idea of a "good" member of any group is that is subjective. Spencer may not himself have committed violence, but he is a repugnant human being, a coward, and a disloyal schmuck. I don't consider him to be "good" in any sense of the word.

Which is kind of my thinking. If the guy isn't willing to say he is one ... even if he is... then it's probably worth asking why. And if it's because he knows the cause is an evil one (in this case, that white people are more important than non-white people), he's not really "good." Spreading a message of hate and division is still spreading a message of hate and division, even if you've never directly killed anyone.
(12-15-2017, 06:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't doubt there are more "good" anti-Nazis than pro-Nazis, but that doesn't make the statement that there are good people on both sides untrue. 

And if you insist on attributing the actions of a group's worst members to the entire group, I'm going to keep bringing up muslims.  ThumbsUp

A politician and a lawyer? And you criticize MY criteria for "good"? LOL

ThumbsUp

Technically if you are a Nazi you can not be "good".  You are a hate filled piece of crap of a human being.

Not "good".

As to my choice: He didn't kill any one.   Mellow
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-15-2017, 08:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: Technically if you are a Nazi you can not be "good".  You are a hate filled piece of crap of a human being.

Not "good".

As to my choice: He didn't kill any one.   Mellow

Are they really full of hate?  Or do they just love their own too much?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23