Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Anarumo has GOT to go
(09-18-2020, 11:47 AM)GodFather Wrote: Wade Phillips left the Rams this year and Im sure Zac has some sort of a relationship with. This defense could use a very experienced guy in Wade to setup a foundation for the D.

Lou was a last minute hire because all of the other prospects turned down the Bengals for one reason or another and it shows in his shaping or lack of with the defense.

If he's willing, bring him in as a consultant if not as our new DC.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:31 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm not impressed with Anarumo and don't know if this defense would be better even without the injuries. That said, who you got that's going to come in and do a better job in the middle of a season?

2 games in does not = 1/2 of a season.

To your question, pick up a globe. Spin it. Then stop it with your pointer finger. Where ever that finger lands, the people who inhabit that area would all be better than Capt. Lou Anarumo
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:42 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Sure, Ward did, though he was covering on one of our pass TDs. 
Sure, our leading receiver had 72 yards, but Burrow completed passes to over 9 different receivers.
Sure, Myles Garrett made a game changing sack but it's not like we have an even below-average OL.

Facts: Clevelands defense gave up around 400 yards of offense and 30 points. You want to say that's good defense, fine, but then no one's going to trust your judgement when you criticize OUR defense.

Who said they’re good? I said they did what they had to win despite being banged up. But by all means keep making excuses. We must just be the unluckiest team in the league!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:47 AM)PhilHos Wrote: But are they willing to come be our DC? That was one of the reason's we have Anamuro in the first place! No one wanted the job!

Because they didn’t want to work for coach Doogie. Marvin never had problems landing coaches.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who said they’re good? I said they did what they had to win despite being banged up.

No, they didn't. The Bengals offense scored on every possession in the 2nd half except for their first and htat was the one that the Browns forced a fumble.

(09-18-2020, 11:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  But by all means keep making excuses.

Oh, so it's okay to make excuses for the Browns defense, but not the Bengals. Got it. Rolleyes

In your rush to bash the Bengals, you missed my point completely. I'm not making excuses for the Bengals. My point was that when the others are "making excuses" for the Bengals defense, you said those excuses applied to the Browns as well and I pointed out that the Browns defense did'nt play well either.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:08 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, they didn't. The Bengals offense scored on every possession in the 2nd half except for their first and htat was the one that the Browns forced a fumble.

Oh, so it's okay to make excuses for the Browns defense, but not the Bengals. Got it. Rolleyes

In your rush to bash the Bengals, you missed my point completely. I'm not making excuses for the Bengals. My point was that when the others are "making excuses" for the Bengals defense, you said those excuses applied to the Browns as well and I pointed out that the Browns defense did'nt play well either.

I have no idea what you’re going on about, but the Browns won the game despite missing:

Greedy Williams
Kevin Johnson
Mack Wilson
Olivier Vernon
Grant Delpit

To blame our defensive ineptitude on injuries is weak. We spent 150 mil on FA’s this offseason. Mostly on the defensive side of the ball. We shouldn’t completely fall to pieces because a few guys are out.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have no idea what you’re going on about, but the Browns won the game despite missing:

Greedy Williams
Kevin Johnson
Mack Wilson
Olivier Vernon
Grant Delpit

To blame our defensive ineptitude on injuries is weak. We spent 150 mil on FA’s this offseason. Mostly on the defensive side of the ball. We shouldn’t completely fall to pieces because a few guys are out.

Issue is the Bengals are so deep into the defensive tackle depth and it all starts in the trenches. The defensive interior had zero push it allowed Mayfield to step up and the OTs to wash the edge rushers around the arch. The Browns offense line worked over the Bengals defense getting hats on second level guys in the run game.

It was a nightmare but expected when when a team is on their 5th 6th 7th and 8th defensive tackles. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
LOU ANARUMO IS A PROBLEM. HE WAS A LAST RESORT OPTION LAST YEAR AND HE SUCKS. BRING IN WADE PHILLIPS WHILE WE HAVE THIS EXTRA LONG WEEK TO GET PREPARED. FIRE HIM NOW BEFORE ITS TO LATE. GIVE US A CHANCE. PLEASE!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have no idea what you’re going on about, but the Browns won the game despite missing:

Greedy Williams
Kevin Johnson
Mack Wilson
Olivier Vernon
Grant Delpit

The Browns won the game because of their OFFENSE.

Let's say the Bengals got the onside kick and won the game last night. Would you say it was our defense that won the game? Would you still be defending the Browns defense and saying the Browns defense did enough to win the game last night even though they lost?

Why you're ok with excusing the Browns' poor defense but not ok with anyone excusing the Bengals poor defense is really perplexing me?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The Browns won the game because of their OFFENSE.

Let's say the Bengals got the onside kick and won the game last night. Would you say it was our defense that won the game? Would you still be defending the Browns defense and saying the Browns defense did enough to win the game last night even though they lost?

Why you're ok with excusing the Browns' poor defense but not ok with anyone excusing the Bengals poor defense is really perplexing me?

The Browns won the game. Their defense played a part in that. Goal line stand, strip sack, holding our running game to 50 yds, etc.

Wtf are we arguing about here?

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Browns won the game. Their defense played a part in that. Goal line stand, strip sack, holding our running game to 50 yds, etc.

You tell me. I said the Browns defense was also bad last night. You apparently can't handle someone badmouthing the Browns defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You tell me. I said the Browns defense was also bad last night. You apparently can't handle someone badmouthing the Browns defense.

Idk I’ve lost interest in whatever was happening here though.

Reply/Quote
I like the Simmons as HC idea. Id bring in Hue Jackson as O coordinator. Id have Willie Anderson as the Oline coach. With Simmons as HC he could draw a much better D coordinator than sweet Lou.

Pull the Fn trigger now! Watch the difference between the first few games and the rest of the season.

I know. Conventional wisdom says don't blow anything up in-season. No time to listen to conventional wisdom...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
This team cant tackle. Every play they tackle high and go for ball, and the running back carries them for six more yards. For a 9 yard gain on 3rd and five
Reply/Quote
The guys we had playing DT last night, outside of Reader wouldnt even be on the team if Atkins and Daniels werent hurt, let alone our 2 DT's who opted out of the season due to covid. Covington and Bledsoe are barely members of the team and shouldnt be, but this is a strange year.

Dunlap looks like he's lost a step so far this season, but he has done that a few times before with the slow start thing. He may turn it up still and we need him to. Hubbard too. He got handled last night.

Wasn't very impressed with Bynes and Pratt last night they both played way better last week. They were getting pushed around and not covering well either. We have a lot of youth at LB so I expect to see that unit get better during the season.

Its one game. Gotta put it behind us and find ways to get better. We can still get better. Its not the end of our season.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Browns won the game. Their defense played a part in that. Goal line stand, strip sack, holding our running game to 50 yds, etc.

By that rationale, we had a goal line stand that resulted in no points, a turnover on downs, and an INT. I think both defenses got gashed, but both had significant players out.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:49 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: 2 games in does not = 1/2 of a season.

To your question, pick up a globe. Spin it. Then stop it with your pointer finger. Where ever that finger lands, the people who inhabit that area would all be better than Capt. Lou Anarumo

Middle in this context means any time after the season has started and before it ends.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 07:41 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: By that rationale, we had a goal line stand that resulted in no points, a turnover on downs, and an INT. I think both defenses got gashed, but both had significant players out.

I have no idea why you’re going out of your way to defend the defense. They were putrid. OL lost us the first game. D lost us the second. Plenty of blame to go around.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, too many good players on D to look that bad even with a great RB duo going against us.

Feeling the same, if you know they are going to run, you put the players in to stop the run.

Problem for us is we had a short week and have new players on that DL, but still we couldn't stop it...

So not much of an excuse.

Thought we looked okay week 1 comparably but I hate getting run on. I want a new DC.

The Goal Line stand was good though. Have to say this.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 08:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have no idea why you’re going out of your way to defend the defense. They were putrid. OL lost us the first game. D lost us the second. Plenty of blame to go around.

I'm not defending anything....just pointing out a bit of hypocrisy there. I've said they played bad, except for three instances. I've just said the oline is worse.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote