Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andre Smith returns
Per Adam Schefter. It's for one year, so not a big investment here.
Reply/Quote
Good.

But we still need a shit ton of help
Reply/Quote
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/14/14928846/offensive-tackle-andre-smith-re-joining-bengals-per-report

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Plug him in to RT.

Him and Eric Winston compete for RT job while Ogbuehi and Fisher compete for LT job.

Draft a Guard and get a sort of project OT in 3-4 rounds.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 08:21 PM)Okeana Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/14/14928846/offensive-tackle-andre-smith-re-joining-bengals-per-report

Smith replaces himself. The spot was a vacuum last year.

A LT, C and RG would round out our O-line needs and it's not a given that Smith will be back in form.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I never thought I'd say this but hopefully he's packed on some weight. I think I like big Andre a little better than slim Andre.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 08:23 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Plug him in to RT.

Him and Eric Winston compete for RT job while Ogbuehi and Fisher compete for LT job.

Mikey is recycling again.
Reply/Quote
He's not going to fix the line by himself, but it's most certainly a good start. Hopefully he can regain his form and stay healthy.

I'm guessing he starts at RT with Ogbuehi starting at LT. For some reason, the team seems sold on Ogbuehi...at least since Whit left.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Sick

I guess we've given up on Jake Fisher as well now. What is the point of signing a third RT when it's LT that is the weakness?
Reply/Quote
It's a small move in the right direction. Welcome home, Andre!
Reply/Quote
I think smith kicks inside to Rg while Fisher stays on the outside. Fisher made a big deal of not jumping around positions and staying RT.
Reply/Quote
Obviously happy about Andre 350.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Good solid move. Welcome back Andre
Reply/Quote
If Smith is coming in to be RG it is encouraging. Next let's get Mangold and cut Bodine.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 08:23 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Plug him in to RT.

Andre will handle the RT spot with Winston first off the bench for it.  Fisher will take the LT spot while Ced's surgery heals.  RG will come down to Westerman, Johnson, and Hopkins.

(03-14-2017, 08:45 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: Sick

I guess we've given up on Jake Fisher as well now.  What is the point of signing a third RT when it's LT that is the weakness?

See above...
Reply/Quote
Did we just lose a comp with this pickup.....
Reply/Quote
I like the move and I'm glad the team at least is willing to admit that the O-line is an issue, but where is he going to play? Fisher actually showed a little bit of promise as a RT. He is the one of the two young tackles I could see actually panning out. Can Andre play RG or LT? If so, this is a great move instead of just a solid/okay move.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
It's not an 'exciting' signing, but it was a needed one considering all the questions surrounding the line. Of course, it all depends on Andre staying healthy and effective. He only played in 4 games last year and didn't look good at all. Hopefully, he can rebound.
Reply/Quote
This is good
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Good
Reply/Quote