Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB?
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27456682/emotional-luck-announces-retirement-nfl

I am shocked but it seems to be legit
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:33 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27456682/emotional-luck-announces-retirement-nfl

When the QB in question holds a press conference announcing his retirement, you can pretty much remove the bolded part from your post. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Definitely shocking news, but I can't see them coming to us for a QB.

The Colts will probably do what they did the last two times they've needed a QB - stink until a generational talent falls right into their lap. Watch Lawrence end up there in a couple of years.

I feel bad for Luck, though. He must be crushed.
Reply/Quote
Colts fans were booing him as he walked off the field? Really?!?!
Reply/Quote
Yea. A little heads up to future footballers. Your body can break. Don't be like Luck and act like it won't.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:39 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Colts fans were booing him as he walked off the field? Really?!?!

Why?  He pulled the rug out from under them two weeks before the season opener.  He hasn't won shit for them.  Absolutely nothing meaningful.  He's the ultimate hype-generated superstar.  Lots of cred for stats and physical traits, but at the end of the day his legacy is garbage in the grand scheme of things.  This is even more so now that he's a bona fide quitter.  

That team ran arguably the most legendary quarterback this side of Tom Brady out of town, then proceeded to intentionally tank a season to obtain the ability to draft Andrew Luck.  This is the reward the fans reap.  A quitting loser who lacks the class to drop the news before late August.  

Screw Luck and his silver-spoon bullshit.  I hope the fans show up on his lawn with torches and trash bags full of dead, decaying raccoons.  He's a punk and a chickenshit.  It's his right to quit, most assuredly.  But that comes with a price.  He's going to pay it forever in the eyes of Colts fans.
Reply/Quote
Their #2 QB is Chad Kelly who has. 2 game suspension to start the season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:52 AM)samhain Wrote: Why?  He pulled the rug out from under them two weeks before the season opener.  He hasn't won shit for them.  Absolutely nothing meaningful.  He's the ultimate hype-generated superstar.  Lots of cred for stats and physical traits, but at the end of the day his legacy is garbage in the grand scheme of things.  This is even more so now that he's a bona fide quitter.  

That team ran arguably the most legendary quarterback this side of Tom Brady out of town, then proceeded to intentionally tank a season to obtain the ability to draft Andrew Luck.  This is the reward the fans reap.  A quitting loser who lacks the class to drop the news before late August.  

Screw Luck and his silver-spoon bullshit.  I hope the fans show up on his lawn with torches and trash bags full of dead, decaying raccoons.  He's a punk and a chickenshit.  It's his right to quit, most assuredly.  But that comes with a price.  He's going to pay it forever in the eyes of Colts fans.

For all we know Luck was telling Irsay he wanted to retire 2 years ago and Irsay was more interested in pretending everything was great in order to sell tickets.  Remember in 2017 when he was confident Luck would start week 1 and then Luck missed the whole season?  

I'm not going to bat for Luck here so much as saying that Irsay may be rich but he's still a lying druggie.  Not sure why everyone is so sure he's being honest with everyone.  At any rate, Luck could have just gone public with this weeks ago, but I feel like he was strongly leaning towards retirement and Irsay was just hoping he'd change his mind.  Owners know they hold all the cards, because fans go right after the players every time when it comes to being butthurt.

Or maybe Luck just kicked everyone in the nuts and walked away...that's possible, too.

EDIT - Back on topic, the Colts have Brisset who knows the system and Chad Kelly who can be their long shot "maybe this young guy can be good" QB. They don't need to trade for anything this year and probably want to keep draft capital in case they move up to get a QB in 2020.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:35 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: When the QB in question holds a press conference announcing his retirement, you can pretty much remove the bolded part from your post. 

YOU! Just trying to be a douche I guess
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:52 AM)samhain Wrote: Why?  He pulled the rug out from under them two weeks before the season opener.  He hasn't won shit for them.  Absolutely nothing meaningful.  He's the ultimate hype-generated superstar.  Lots of cred for stats and physical traits, but at the end of the day his legacy is garbage in the grand scheme of things.  This is even more so now that he's a bona fide quitter.  

The dude took them to within a game of the Super Bowl. If a Bengals QB does that in my lifetime, I'd be friggin' thrilled. Colts fans need to get over themselves if they think they're to the point where they can take shit like that for granted. Gee I feel so sorry for them down here in Cincinnati... they've sure got it rough.

The amount of entitlement some fans have is ridiculous. You hope people show up on his lawn with torches and trash? Chill out, dude, it's a friggin' game and the Colts were pretty damn good at that game when Luck was on the field. And that's while playing for a team that (up until last year) had him behind a garbage offensive line playing with no defense.

I think there's a pretty good chance Luck didn't just up and quit on them, because it sure seemed like he spent the last few months trying to get back on the field for them. He's just broken down at this point (thanks aforementioned offensive line!). I'd give him the benefit of the doubt even if the timing sucks, because it's not like he was going to be out there in week 1 or week 2 for them anyways.

The Colts will end up drafting Trevor Lawrence and all the sudden all the fans will be back on board. I hope he saw this and tells them to kiss his ass and demands to play elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
I'm just saying we got 3 promising QB's.. Toss us a Tackle
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:07 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: I'm just saying we got 3 promising QB's..   Toss us a Tackle

I think you're probably overvaluing our young QBs.

In other injury-related news I am kind of wondering if maybe we could ship a RB (Gio) down to Houston for a backup OT, though. Not sure what their OT situation is like.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:14 AM)NKURyan Wrote: I think you're probably overvaluing our young QBs.

In other injury-related news I am kind of wondering if maybe we could ship a RB (Gio) down to Houston for a backup OT, though. Not sure what their OT situation is like.

Their OT situation is worse than ours
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:12 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sucks the guy made it this far into adult life and nobody ever taught him how to shave and clean up and look like he isn't a hobo. God damn some of the people of wal mart would be embarrassed to go out looking like that.

Meh, being clean shaven is one of those archaic rules that hasn't made sense for thousands of years...who cares? Anyways, I'm reading the Colts message board and they're having the usual "he owes us nothing" vs "he's a cowardly quitter" debate on there. Bonus points for the guys mentioning that Luck made millions "Playing a game." That always makes me laugh, as if the average American could even survive a single play in the NFL much less skip out there and treat it like a game.

Amusing seeing another fanbase get at each other over this crap.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:29 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: People with eyesight.

Same way fat girls shouldn't wear yoga pants. Have some god damn decency. 

Dalton and his cheese-dust-lookin' beard say you should lighten up.

[Image: 3iOx0Le.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:33 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27456682/emotional-luck-announces-retirement-nfl

The Colts tanked for Luck, so they will just tank for a QB next year.  They won't trade for a QB.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:14 AM)NKURyan Wrote: I think you're probably overvaluing our young QBs.

I am willing to take draft picks for players we trade most of the players ZT went after looks pretty good even the UDFA rookies. Think what ZT could do with a hand full of draft picks in years to come. Dalton is who I would try to send to the Colts more value and not a ZT pick and we get to keep our young QB rookies. Same with Gio he is 26 near the end of a career for a RB same with Dalton over 30 QB neither one has very much time left before they start to decline so why not get something the new coach can use to build his team with. Finley can get us 7 to 10 wins which is what most of you expect anyway I don't think anyone thinks we are making a deep playoff run this year. Except maybe the coaches and players that is all that really needs to believe tho. Dalton is a quick study he can pick up a new system as good as anyone. With us having all the new coaches we are going to have growing pains and will need to adjust though out the year even with Dalton at the helm. Dalton only had one touchdown in preseason so I think the rookie QB could play just as good as Dalton and its not like we will be giving Dalton a new contract next year. Not even sure Dalton would take a new contract he might want to test free agency before he retires to see how he can do on another team.
Reply/Quote

Ya...trade Dalton.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:12 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sucks the guy made it this far into adult life and nobody ever taught him how to shave and clean up and look like he isn't a hobo. God damn some of the people of wal mart would be embarrassed to go out looking like that.

Well he might have looked differently if he had his planned press conference today as opposed to the pop up one he had to have last night because some one leaked his retirement plans.

And yoga pants are for everyone....even fat girls

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:12 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sucks the guy made it this far into adult life and nobody ever taught him how to shave and clean up and look like he isn't a hobo. God damn some of the people of wal mart would be embarrassed to go out looking like that.

Me thinks that he will make a snazzy NFL commentator.

[Image: th?id=OIP._LONgJFych7waO9ghrqSwgAAAA&pid...=189&h=155]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote