Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB?
(08-26-2019, 08:13 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Nelson is a Top 5 interior O lineman on a rookie deal.  There’s a less than zero chance he gets traded.

Some people constantly overrate our preseason hero's. aka Anyone who said they'd trade Dalton for a 1st and start Finley. That's a recipe for 4-12.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 10:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Some people constantly overrate our preseason hero's. aka Anyone who said they'd trade Dalton for a 1st and start Finley. That's a recipe for 4-12.

Marvin would never start Finley over Dalton so...... Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 10:10 PM)samhain Wrote: Mark Sanchez took the Jets to within a game of the Super Bowl.  Nobody cares.  

Entitlement is a funny word to use here.  If expecting a (the) key player on your team not to quit two weeks before opening day is entitled, then I suppose you are right.  

As to his garbage protection, I think people ignore one key fact here.  Luck never was a quarterback who was good at the things that quarterbacks need to do to prevent themselves from being injured.  He was always reluctant to slide or run out of bounds, and he took a lot of unnecessary shots for that very reason.  The line takes plenty of blame, but some of it is on him, too.

(08-25-2019, 10:27 PM)samhain Wrote: Meh, dead raccoons are funnier than regular garbage.  

Lots of guys in the league play in a lot of pain.  Some guys love the game and go forward.  It's rare for an upper-eschelon player to up and quit because of it.  Brett Favre had all the money he could ever spend and got pounded into hamburger.  They had to drag his grandpa-ass carcass off the field to get him to quit.

I'd also call the word "sacrifice" a bit of a mis-labeling of his reason for playing.  Doing anything for tens of millions of dollars is difficult for me to characterize as sacrifice.  Volunteering to fight a war is sacrifice.  Working in a mine is sacrifice.  People do shitty, thankless, physically demanding jobs that hurt them for enough pay to barely scrape by.  Playing a game that makes you a rock star and pays you a literal fortune doesn't quite meet that definition to me.

Your logic is confusing. One the one hand Luck is an entitled quitter that never sacrificed. On the other hand, you described a QB willing to sacrifice his body to fight for extra yards instead of giving up on a play.

We are on this earth for a short period of time. You're most valuable commodity is time. Your time doesn't belong to anyone, but you. How you choose to spend your time is no one's business except your own (and possibly your family.) The fans that booed Luck obviously don't care about his welfare and he owes them nothing.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 07:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Your logic is confusing.  One the one hand Luck is an entitled quitter that never sacrificed. On the other hand, you described a QB willing to sacrifice his body to fight for extra yards instead of giving up on a play.

We are on this earth for a short period of time. You're most valuable commodity is time. Your time doesn't belong to anyone, but you. How you choose to spend your time is no one's business except your own (and possibly your family.) The fans that booed Luck obviously don't care about his welfare and he owes them nothing.

Rep

Amen
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I like the fact that Luck can dump his team anytime he wants, I like the fact that the fans can boo him anytime they want.

The real issue here is: 1. Can fans get a refund for season tickets?
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 08:51 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I like the fact that Luck can dump his team anytime he wants, I like the fact that the fans can boo him anytime they want.

The fans that boo Luck are fans of the team, not him and therefore shouldn't want refunds.  They've probably already convinced themselves Brisett is going to hoist the Lombardi. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 10:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The fans that boo Luck are fans of the team, not him and therefore shouldn't want refunds.  They've probably already convinced themselves Brisett is going to hoist the Lombardi. 

Honestly, the Colts may end up being better off with Brisett then Luck. 

Not saying that Brisett is as good as Luck in talent but at this point in time, he may very well be with all the wear and tear to Luck's body. Plus if he takes all the first team reps and knows it his job versus warming the bench till Luck returns the offense might be tailored more to fit his style of play.

They guy did look decent while filling in for Brady in New England and Luck in Indy already. 

Plus...the AFC South is just a pathetic division.....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If they bought tickets to watch Luck play this year, that's their own fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 10:12 PM)Destro Wrote: If they bought tickets to watch Luck play this year, that's their own fault.

Not to mention Luck has been injured and rehabbing for almost 4 straight years and Irsay pretty much says Luck is fine, don't stop buying tickets!
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 10:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Not to mention Luck has been injured and rehabbing for almost 4 straight years and Irsay pretty much says Luck is fine, don't stop buying tickets!

Kind of like buying season tickets to watch Eifert lit it up.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 10:12 PM)Destro Wrote: If they bought tickets to watch Luck play this year, that's their own fault.

Sorta like buying ticket to see Van Halen and finding out Gary Cherone is the lead singer. You still get the band but...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 08:51 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I like the fact that Luck can dump his team anytime he wants, I like the fact that the fans can boo him anytime they want.

They cab certainly ask for a refund or club to buy back their tickets. If they do, I think the club should buy them back and resell them.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 10:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sorta like buying ticket to see Van Halen and finding out Gary Cherone is the lead singer. You still get the band but...

Exactly.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 10:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sorta like buying ticket to see Van Halen and finding out Gary Cherone is the lead singer. You still get the band but...

1. I'm embarrassed that I caught that reference.

2. I'm equally embarrassed that I can name drop a second member of the band Extreme.

3. Andrew Luck is the Sammy Hagar of the Indianapolis Colts.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:33 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27456682/emotional-luck-announces-retirement-nfl

I am shocked but it seems to be legit

whos this promising QB we have that we are trading away?
Reply/Quote
trade dalton for picks and see what we have in finley...draft tua or herbert next season and with the picks we aquire from indy and our own draft linebackers early and often.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 02:19 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: trade dalton for picks and see what we have in finley...draft tua or herbert next season and with the picks we aquire from indy and our own draft linebackers early and often.

No fan votes to tank
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 02:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: No fan votes to tank

Players would never go for it either because it hurts their wallet.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 02:19 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: trade dalton for picks and see what we have in finley...draft tua or herbert next season and with the picks we aquire from indy and our own draft linebackers early and often.

I think the Colts would rather shoot for those guys rather than trade for Dalton. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 02:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: No fan votes to tank

never mentioned the word tanking.  However this team is going to tank whether its innocent or tried.  Alot of u bengal fans need reality checks....  this roster isnt doing anything this year.  we will probably have another top 10 pick next year but be too far out to land one of the top franchise qbs in the draft.  then what are we left with...another dalton later on in the draft...yippie. smh.  IM not voting for tanking, as a fan with a grip on reality im voting for change.
Reply/Quote