Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton Released
Per Schefter

Reply/Quote
Should have traded him months ago when we had the chance. Colossal waste of what could have been a few draft picks Whatever
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:16 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Should have traded him months ago when we had the chance. Colossal waste of what could have been a few draft picks Whatever

The market was just not there. He might have brought back a single 4th or something, but that’s about it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
THANK YOU ANDY!! Thanks for always being a class act. Thanks for the memories. You will be missed and you will always have many fans in the Queen City.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The market was just not there. He might have brought back a single 4th or something, but that’s about it.

Still better than nothing

And why not wait until training camp? Injuries happen all the time in during the preseason... the timing of this move seems very odd
Reply/Quote
Unfortunate, but predictable.

We had absolutely no leverage in trade scenarios. That all evaporated after Chicago got Foles.

Now Dalton is basically a veteran back up in the NFL, not a starter.

And no one was going to pay a back up 17.7 million dollars.

I wish him well on his next team. Maybe he can start again if the team's starter is bad.

He gave us a really nice 5 year run in the playoffs. I'm going to miss him as a person in the community.
Reply/Quote
It had to happen. Though the thought of him coming back as a backup at a cheaper salary was growing on me.

Ready to see which extension it tackled first.
Reply/Quote
The bengals could have held on and milked him for something, but glad they did right by him.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:16 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Should have traded him months ago when we had the chance. Colossal waste of what could have been a few draft picks Whatever

The only reported offer was a 4th rounder (the Foles trade), that's it.

Not a colossal waste at all.

Sad, but we knew this was happening, as we need the cash for rookie contracts.

Sad
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:21 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Still better than nothing

And why not wait until training camp? Injuries happen all the time in during the preseason... the timing of this move seems very odd

Eh, we’ve been over this a million times (see the Dalton as backup thread). This was the right move. Nobody wanted to trade for him at the draft, so we cut him and are moving on. Best for both sides at this point.

Reply/Quote

You're assuming someone made an offer above the price of a plane ticket.

Logically it was clear to everyone in the NFL the Bengals were drafting a QB, and thus it follows would not need Dalton especially with his 17 mil$ salary.  Thus it doesn't take a genius to understand, they were never keeping Dalton, so why trade for him?

From Dalton's perspective, this is the best outcome.  Now he gets to choose where he wants to go, and which situation would be best for him.

His trade value was ALWAYS a nickel and a dime before the draft, and a penny afterward.
Reply/Quote
He is a better quarterback than people give him credit for and a class act to boot. I hope he finds a team quickly and continues his success.

Thank you Andy for bringing the Bengals to multiple playoff appearances and taking a lot of undeserved criticism with class and dignity.
Reply/Quote
I hold no ill will towards Andy. He was always a class act and I wish him the best wherever he goes. I just hope it’s not to the Patriots.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
do you take the hit on trying to sell all that heavy pilates equipment in a market that doesnt know what it is, or pay the premium to ship it across the country?  big decisions for the dalton clan.  
Reply/Quote
I still dont understand people thinking we could have flipped him for multiple picks. Winston is getting paid 1.1 million this year with the Saints and Cam is still a free agent. There is only one team that wanted him and that's the Pats. I'm almost certain he will be in Foxboro by Sunday.

Reply/Quote
Best of luck to Andy Dalton.

He ranks among the Cincinnati Bengals career passing leaders:
TD: 204 (first)
Yards: 31,594 (second to Ken Anderson)
Completions: 2,757 (first)

He had a good career, but obviously wasn't able to lead the team to a playoff win or deep into the playoffs.

Sure, we can assert the Bengals blew it by not trading him for picks, but that is now the past. Time to move forward with the Burrow era.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:26 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: I still dont understand people thinking we could have flipped him for multiple picks. Winston is getting paid 1.1 million this year with the Saints and Cam is still a free agent. There is only one team that wanted him and that's the Pats. I'm almost certain he will be in Foxboro by Sunday.

There’s absolutely no proof the Pats ever wanted him. It was pure speculation by Peter King.

Reply/Quote
Good luck Andy.
Reply/Quote
I wish him the best and hope he wins a Super Bowl. TY AD for being a class act even though many of our fans are not.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:28 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Best of luck to Andy Dalton.

He ranks among the Cincinnati Bengals career passing leaders:
TD: 204 (first)
Yards: 31,594 (second to Ken Anderson)
Completions: 2,757 (first)

He had a good career, but obviously wasn't able to lead the team to a playoff win or deep into the playoffs.

Sure, we can assert the Bengals blew it by not trading him for picks, but that is now the past. Time to move forward with the Burrow era.

Let’s hope those records don’t stand very long. Big Grin

Reply/Quote