Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton Released
(04-30-2020, 11:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I was at the game.. lets rewind.. the crucial play in the game early was a fumble by Gio trying to get into end zone.. also im fine admitting Dalton had a rough game but I also get tired of the Zimmer did nothing wrong crowd... Our run defense was bad during our playoff run against the run ...  

The blame of our playoffs goes around from Dalton and Green (star players) Atkins and Dunlap (bad line play) and coaches especially Zimmer.. defense did not perform well enough when we needed it...

Around and around we go...

Look, QB is the most important position. The QB is supposed to be the leader of the team, if he is consistently one of your worst players in the playoffs (57.8 career rating) and in big games, you better have the 2000 Ravens defense, or a virtually unstoppable running game to have a chance.

I agree the run defense sucked (I so hope those days are over now with Reader here), but when your offense only puts up 10 total points (none in the 2nd half) that’s going to allow teams to run on you.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 12:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Around and around we go...

Look, QB is the most important position. The QB is supposed to be the leader of the team, if he is consistently one of your worst players in the playoffs (57.8 career rating) and in big games, you better have the 2000 Ravens defense, or a virtually unstoppable running game to have a chance.

I agree the run defense sucked (I so hope those days are over now with Reader here), but when your offense only puts up 10 total points (none in the 2nd half) that’s going to allow teams to run on you.

You seem to think Andy has gotten a pass on his play I see it as total opposite other parts have gotten the pass since so the so called Andy Haters freak out when you mention other failures during playoffs such as our defense.. it is called a team game for a reason. you admit Defense sucked but then to just fall back to Offense fault,. ..so yes around and around we go.
Reply/Quote
Releasing him was the right move.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 08:38 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You seem to think Andy has gotten a pass on his play I see it as total opposite other parts have gotten the pass since so the so called Andy Haters freak out when you mention other failures during playoffs such as our defense.. it is called a team game for a reason. you admit Defense sucked but then to just fall back to Offense fault,. ..so yes around and around we go.

Again, QB is by far the most important position. And when your QB has 1 TD to 6 INT’s and 2 FFL in 4 games you’re putting the rest of the team in an almost impossible situation.

If assigning some of the blame to other players makes you feel better, sure, plenty of guys didn’t do enough, but none were as bad as Dalton.

Let’s hope Burrow does much better when the lights are on.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:39 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If Burrow does not throw 40 TD's and 4500 yards in 2020 we drafted the wrong guy. Most talented receivers and running back group in football.

I am rooting for him, but time will tell.

That’s be MVP level shit bro lol

Burrow is really good at avoiding INTs so I’ll give him less than 7-8 INTs all season. Assuming everyone stays Healthy for all 16 games that’s 8-10 TDS right there from AJ alone. Mixon probably gonna get 3-4 receiving TDS due to teams having to guard so many WRs. Ross is good for at least 4 no matter how bad he plays due to his speed. Boyd will lose production with AJ back but at his worse he’ll be good for 5-7 due to being in single coverage. TEs are going to be rarely used in the red zone if i had to put my money on it. Maybe 3 TDS for them combined.

Round up that puts my prediction at around 30 TDS, 2500 yards and 7 INTs. Probably being a homer on how many picks he’ll throw. 7 would be a really good year. Probably will be closer to 10. No way he comes in as a rookie and reads defenses at a NFL level from game 1. But i think he’s going to have a ROY year and the best rookie year from a QB in a long time. Joe Mixon getting his 1000 yards is really going to help Burrow too. If Mixon goes off this year I’ll take some TDS away from the WRS and put them on the TEs and RBs cause play action is going to be crazy
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A sad day for Andy's Army

Long Live the Burrow Brigade

Now the question will the future be...

Burrow Brigade vs Taylor Troopers ?

It definitely will be interesting if our team struggles who will get the brunt of the frustration.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well to be honest we have to make the playoffs this season or Burrow has already gotten off to a worse start than Dalton as a leader of the team. That's what Dalton haters are setting themselves up for. If a bum like Dalton can get us to the playoff's 5 straight years to open his career, there will be no excuses for Burrow.

But Dalton haters keep digging in (walking head first into that trap).

There will be no excuses.

It's unfortunate, but they've really put the pressure on Burrow to succeed quick.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 11:43 AM)jj22 Wrote: Well to be honest we have to make the playoffs this season or Burrow has already gotten off to a worse start than Dalton as a leader of the team. That's what Dalton haters are setting themselves up for. If a bum like Dalton can get us to the playoff's 5 straight years to open his career, there will be no excuses for Burrow.

But Dalton haters keep digging in (walking head first into that trap).

There will be no excuses.

It's unfortunate, but they've really put the pressure on Burrow to succeed quick.

Yes they have. AD was a lowly 2nd round pick while Burrow was #1 overall. Both took over teams was bad records. It look like both will work their rookie year with no May camp.

So, I hope Joe is ready to step up with this talented group on offense at the skill positions (far better than ADS had) and lead us back to the playoffs. The Bengals have done far more to improve the 2020 team versus what they did for AD's rookie team. Not even close.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 08:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Again, QB is by far the most important position. And when your QB has 1 TD to 6 INT’s and 2 FFL in 4 games you’re putting the rest of the team in an almost impossible situation.

If assigning some of the blame to other players makes you feel better, sure, plenty of guys didn’t do enough, but none were as bad as Dalton.

I don't disagree with the above points made here, but it is worth noting as well that it is entirely possible to win playoff games with a poor QB performance as well. We all watched the playoff defeats im sure. Of course QB is the most important position and you look at that role to lead the team, but the other facets all crumbled along with Dalton too.

Houston (#1) - Just outplayed by a team that was better than us in all facets. However, we'd only lost to them by a last gasp TD a few weeks before. Then we get trashed in a real game a few weeks later. 30+ pts given up and no run game to speak of. 

Houston (#2) - Will credit the defence here, they kept the score down. but we did give up a lot of long drives etc. Obviously keeping points off the board is all that matters, but we hardly shut Matt Schaub's Texans down. They moved the ball fine, just didn't pick up points. 80 yards rushing all day to help the passing game...

San Diego - A choke by the offence for sure, but the run game went for almost 200 yards and Philip Rivers barely needed to throw the ball. All in a stadium where we were 8-0 going into the game. 10 points was never going to be enough to win, but we didn't shut them down either.

Indy - Injuries screwed us over for sure, and I'm willing to write this one off. But Andrew Luck hit almost 400 yards in a game where they led most of the way.

Pittsburgh - The one Andy didn't play in and LOL at the running game and the defence in the clutch there! Arguably one of the biggest chokes the league has every seen and QB-play had zero to do with it.

Where I'm going with the above is - The problem in the playoffs was definitely bigger than Andy Dalton. He was dogcrap in the 4 playoff games he played no disagreeing there, but the rest of the team largely was too. I get QB is hugely important a position, but you can win other ways. Those other ways also let us down. They looked every bit like a franchise without a playoff win since 1990 in every one of these games, and we'll need more than that even if Joe Burrow turns out to be the phenom that he was in college.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 08:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Again, QB is by far the most important position. And when your QB has 1 TD to 6 INT’s and 2 FFL in 4 games you’re putting the rest of the team in an almost impossible situation.

And if assigning blame greatly to Dalton makes you feel better in playoffs and ignoring others so be it.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:39 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If Burrow does not throw 40 TD's and 4500 yards in 2020 we drafted the wrong guy. Most talented receivers and running back group in football.

I am rooting for him, but time will tell.

I've had too much to drink on occasion too.. So...if JB ONLY throws 39 TDs for 4499 yards he's a bum, huh?
Gotcha!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Doesn’t sound like Dalton is too happy with how the team did him by keeping him so long.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29125679/andy-dalton-says-late-timing-release-bengals-limited-options
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 01:18 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Doesn’t sound like Dalton is too happy with how the team did him by keeping him so long.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29125679/andy-dalton-says-late-timing-release-bengals-limited-options

His play last year didn’t help either...

Teams probably aren’t in a rush to bring in a QB who got benched. There was also just so many options out there. Hell, Cam is still available, and he’s a former MVP.

Reply/Quote

Burrow will be fine. No one expected AD to get to playoffs in his first year and by our play, we certainly didn't deserve to be there. 

Now question. 
Name the players on the Giants DL that made Brady lose? No? 
How about the Giants QBs name?
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 03:39 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Burrow will be fine. No one expected AD to get to playoffs in his first year and by our play, we certainly didn't deserve to be there. 

Now question. 
Name the players on the Giants DL that made Brady lose? No? 
How about the Giants QBs name?

Was this a serious question? I think even casual football fans could at least name Michael Strahan. Lol

There was also Osi for the 1st one, and the 2nd one they had JPP and Justin Tuck. What’s the point?

Reply/Quote