Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton Released
(04-30-2020, 04:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton had 334 yards passing which is just 20 off the franchise record.

We’re using *almost* came close to a record now? And 300+ Yds in the 80’s is a hell of a lot more impressive than in 2014. And you know it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: So much for no over the top or untrue posts.....

What was said that’s untrue or over the top? Why don’t you stop crying about my perceived unfair criticism, and debate the points being made?

Reply/Quote
there's nothing to debate. the playoff game has already been rereviewed in the last page and all the issues in that disaster outlined.

now that you know there was more issues then Dalton, no need to beat a dead horse.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Just saw, this. Thanks Andy for what you did here man! You are a class act and I bet you do well in whatever endeavors
you take. Still think you are better than quite a few QB's out there. God bless.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: there's nothing to debate. the playoff game has already been rereviewed in the last page and all the issues in that disaster outlined.

now that you know there was more issues then Dalton, no need to beat a dead horse.

Fair enough. I just expect more out of the QB and the leader of the team. Everyone should be held accountable, but QB is obviously going to affect things more than most other positions. That’s all I’ve ever maintained. But I’ll leave it at that.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You are talking out of your ass as per usual. The Patriots currently have 1.7 million in cap space, so YES they would have to cut someone to make room for Dalton at ANY reasonable price. I never mentioned 17m.

Try again.

No they don't. They could give him a signing bonus that keeps his annual salary below 500k. 
NE is a team players will give discounts to (except Brady) to play at.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’re using *almost* came close to a record now? 

Yes we are.

Are you saying that if Marvin Jones' 130 yd performance was NOT a franchise record then you would consider blaming him for the loss?  I doubt it.  The point is they both put up a lot of yards.  Being a team record or not makes no difference.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  QB is obviously going to affect things more than most other positions. That’s all I’ve ever maintained. 

You mean that is all you have ever maintained when placing blame for a loss.

When it comes to giving credit for a victory then it is always the other players being more important and making Dalton look better.

Bad = All blame to QB
Good = All credit to teammates.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:29 PM)Tony Wrote: Guess how many time in history that a rookie QB has thrown 40 tds in a season? None, that's right. There has never been 1 QB who didn't have a learning curve. Boy, you must really love Dalton... Thank God, He is gone and we dont have to hear about him no more, now that he is no longer a Bengal. I personally couldn't wait for this day..

Well there is always a first and this age of the NFL is very pass happy. 
Not saying he will. Odds are against that. But it could happen.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 05:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean that is all you have ever maintained when placing blame for a loss.

When it comes to giving credit for a victory then it is always the other players being more important and making Dalton look better.

Bad = All blame to QB

Not speaking to or about Nicomo, but I have seen this plenty on this board. A Bengals win was always in spite of Andy and a Bengals loss was always because of Andy. There were some who didn't like him from the jump and spend 9 years giving him no credit and tearing him down.

Andy is a good QB. No he's not great. No he's not going to put the team on his back. He's good though. Good enough to win with. After 9 years, he has a winning record for the Bengals. How many other QBs can say that about this franchise?

Yes, he came up short in some big games. I'm still surprised that his entire body of work isn't appreciated more by Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Fair enough. I just expect more out of the QB and the leader of the team.

Well hopefully we'll have it now, and fans will be so happy this next era we will look back more fondly at the qb that led a team to 5 straight playoff appearances in 9 years, and by all accounts was a great person, and great to city.

Actually the idea that fans can turn their nose up at that now shows how far the Dalton era has brought the franchise.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I wish Andy the best and will pull for him as long as whoever he ends up with isn't playing against us . He's been a total class act. I'm expecting Burrow to struggle with the learning curve and a questionable line. One good thing is he will have much more weapons to work with this year than AD had last year. I'm guessing Joe will finish the season strong though.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is untrue to claim that Dalton was the only reason we lost to the Chargers.

Your partially right. Team effort. But in big games you need your leaders to step up, not add to the pile of shit as to why we lost. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 05:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean that is all you have ever maintained when placing blame for a loss.

Bad = All blame to QB

Total bs. I’ve given Dalton plenty of credit over the years. He’s just been bad for quite a while now.

When Joe Mixon rushes for 160+ yds and 2 TD against Cleveland to help us get one of our only two wins last season you’re damm right I’m giving him most of the credit. Seems logical to me, but I guess I should have given Andy more credit for his 190 yds passing 1 TD 1 INT 75.0 rating performance.

Games like the NYJ in 2016 when Andy balled out despite being sacked 7x or the 4th quarter comeback against Seattle in 2015 I gave Andy all the credit in the world.

Reply/Quote
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2020/04/30/daltons-foundation-supported-families-high-needs-children/3058214001/

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I just read on Cincy Jungle that the Jags and Pats are interested in reaching out to Dalton. If true, that's all that they have been waiting for, is for him to be released.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 07:37 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I just read on Cincy Jungle that the Jags and Pats are interested in reaching out to Dalton.  If true, that's all that they have been waiting for, is for him to be released.

Pats said "pass", Jags is a possibility,  but I bet no in the end unless he signs a very low offer. At this point in their careers, Gardner is just as good as AD and is only 23 and its isn't like Jax OL was much better than ours last year.
Reply/Quote
Teams wouldn't trade for Dalton because they knw mike wouldn't hold onto him for 17 m a year as a backup.
Reply/Quote
Respect to Dalton. He was always a class act and represented the franchise well. Best of luck Andy.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just stop. Dalton turned the ball over 3 times. That’s hard to overcome any time, let alone in the playoffs.

I was at the game.. lets rewind.. the crucial play in the game early was a fumble by Gio trying to get into end zone.. also im fine admitting Dalton had a rough game but I also get tired of the Zimmer did nothing wrong crowd... Our run defense was bad during our playoff run against the run ...  

The blame of our playoffs goes around from Dalton and Green (star players) Atkins and Dunlap (bad line play) and coaches especially Zimmer.. defense did not perform well enough when we needed it...
Reply/Quote