Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton ain't worth a dime
(03-24-2020, 03:46 PM)McC Wrote: If I'm Andy Dalton, I'm taking my 50 million or whatever he has, I'm going home to Texas and letting somebody else be the low hanging fruit and butt of bad jokes by idiots and getting on with my life.

I still think he could be a decent starter for some team but yeah, he could have a great life away from football just the same.

Sure is a class act and I was proud to have him as my QB for years. Really good dude. :andy:
Reply/Quote
If Andy Dalton wasn't worth a dime then Carson Palmer wasn't worth a nickel.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 03:46 PM)McC Wrote: If I'm Andy Dalton, I'm taking my 50 million or whatever he has, I'm going home to Texas and letting somebody else be the low hanging fruit and butt of bad jokes by idiots and getting on with my life.

But I'd wager Andy Dalton wants to play football, and he's going to be the butt of jokes the rest of his life just like anyone who was ever in the spotlight.  The entire world has been making fun of Andrew Ridgely 30 years after he did anything remotely musical, for instance.

Dalton is unlucky to be a QB in search of a new home (in theory...he's still stuck in Cincy) when the market is flooded with flashy QB options.  Then again, he's also lucky to be in search of a new home the year after Ryan Tannehill went from bum in Miami to the AFC Championship game off the bench.  Maybe it evens out?

Still, it would be bitterly amusing if Dalton ends up on the Steelers or something. It'd be like boring payback for us getting Neil O'Donnell.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 04:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If Andy Dalton wasn't worth a dime then Carson Palmer wasn't worth a nickel.

That's a pretty mean way to describe Gio and Kirkpatrick.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 04:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: But I'd wager Andy Dalton wants to play football, and he's going to be the butt of jokes the rest of his life just like anyone who was ever in the spotlight.  The entire world has been making fun of Andrew Ridgely 30 years after he did anything remotely musical, for instance.

Dalton is unlucky to be a QB in search of a new home (in theory...he's still stuck in Cincy) when the market is flooded with flashy QB options.  Then again, he's also lucky to be in search of a new home the year after Ryan Tannehill went from bum in Miami to the AFC Championship game off the bench.  Maybe it evens out?

Still, it would be bitterly amusing if Dalton ends up on the Steelers or something.  It'd be like boring payback for us getting Neil O'Donnell.

Who?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 02:54 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Got a link to this Chicago writers write up? I can't find it when Googling and I'm curious to read it.

It was on twitter, I think 411 football on twitter retweeted it a couple days ago when Foles got signed. I follow so many people no way I'll be finding it but it essentially came down to, the Bengals were still asking for a 2nd. 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 04:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: It was on twitter, I think 411 football on twitter retweeted it a couple days ago when Foles got signed. I follow so many people no way I'll be finding it but it essentially came down to, the Bengals were still asking for a 2nd. 

We wanted more than a 2nd for AJ McCarron when Dalton was still a "borderline MVP QB" so it's not too hard to believe we are asking for at least a 2nd for Dalton now.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 03:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: A year ago we were saying our inability to win big games was leaving town with Marvin.  I guess now Dalton is taking it with him.

Very true. I admit I was one of those hoping against hope that Dalton was more a part of the solution than a part of the problem... I was wrong. Dalton very well may have been hampered by Marvin to a certain extent, but the fact remains that he played atrociously bad for most of last year. You can blame it on injuries to the surrounding cast, coaching turnover, horrendous offensive line, etc. And while there may also be some truth to that... Dalton has been here 8 years and has shown time and time again that he’s not the one to get us over the hump.

I’ll wish him the best, in whatever he sets out to accomplish next. But I’m more than ready to move on
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 04:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: It was on twitter, I think 411 football on twitter retweeted it a couple days ago when Foles got signed. I follow so many people no way I'll be finding it but it essentially came down to, the Bengals were still asking for a 2nd. 

Bengals always overvalue their own. Should've just taken the rumored 4th round pick from Chicago.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 03:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Having Marvin Lewis as a HC?

He sucked even worse without Marvin...

But I know, 3rd time is the charm!

Reply/Quote
Dalton is so great he’s still on a team that doesn’t want him after the draft. Dalton would be a good backup in the mold of John Kitna.
Reply/Quote
Profootball411 on twitter claiming Jaguars interested in Dalton. Gotta wonder if Bengals would take the 4th round pick Jacksonville received from Chicago in Foles trade? Jay Gruden there now and Jags would have some competition for Minshew in case he craps the bed. At this point, I’d take any pick for him and just be happy to shed the salary.
Reply/Quote
Just cut him already n move on
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 01:51 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Profootball411 on twitter claiming Jaguars interested in Dalton. Gotta wonder if Bengals would take the 4th round pick Jacksonville received from Chicago in Foles trade? Jay Gruden there now and Jags would have some competition for Minshew in case he craps the bed. At this point, I’d take any pick for him and just be happy to shed the salary.

They could have Cam without giving up a single pick...

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 02:54 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Are you asking what if Pittsburgh signed Cam or Andy?

Andy...
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 01:51 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Profootball411 on twitter claiming Jaguars interested in Dalton. Gotta wonder if Bengals would take the 4th round pick Jacksonville received from Chicago in Foles trade? Jay Gruden there now and Jags would have some competition for Minshew in case he craps the bed. At this point, I’d take any pick for him and just be happy to shed the salary.

Makes a lot of sense for the Jags, but sends Andy to probably the worst team in the league.  Poor guy.  
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 02:58 PM)bengaloo Wrote: That would be weird! But we definitely know his weaknesses.

Yeah, he struggles when he isn't protected.  And the Bengals have a pass rush that never seems to get home against pitt....they are allowed to hold, though.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 12:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He sucked even worse without Marvin...

But I know, 3rd time is the charm!

If he goes from ZT to BB I'd wager the 3rd time could indeed be the charm. 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 04:39 PM)McC Wrote: Who?

You didn't miss much. One of the 2 games I got to see in person was against the titans at Vanderbilt stadium, and he was the QB. It was surreal, Neil stayed all by himself on the sidelines, didn't say a word to his teammates the entire game.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 10:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If he goes from ZT to BB I'd wager the 3rd time could indeed be the charm. 

It would be short lived. They would run Dalton out of town after his first 0 TD 3 Int playoff game.

Reply/Quote