Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy just showed that he wasn’t the problem
(10-11-2020, 09:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: The who dey chant came through the screen after the Dre pick 6.

It was the game that put Guenther on Gruden's radar. Gruden was so impressed with how the D confused Manning. 

One of my favorite games of the era.

Dre Kirkpatrick picked Peyton Manning twice but the defensive MVP was Reggie Nelson who ran some beautifully designed safety blitzes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:52 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He threw for 111yds and no touchdowns. What is great about that?

These guys are Hangin off Daltons nuts over that!?!?!? HAHAHAHHAHA. IT was the Giants!!!! Hahahhahahah.. We will see when Burrow plays Dalton if Dalton isn't benched by then. 
Reply/Quote
I just can't understand all love and gushing over Andy Dalton.

He used to play here. He doesn't anymore. Case closed.

If the player doesn't wear an orange and black tiger striped helmet, I couldn't care less how they do or don't do.

Bengals or nothing....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:56 PM)Tony Wrote: These guys are Hangin off Daltons nuts over that!?!?!? HAHAHAHHAHA. IT was the Giants!!!! Hahahhahahah.. We will see when Burrow plays Dalton if Dalton isn't benched by then. 

jesus... Some people here are mental.

fanboy-ism is disgusting
Reply/Quote
Playing for Dallas is always PT. :andy:

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:00 PM)Joelist Wrote: And can we stop this idea that being happy Andy was successful somehow means taking Burrow was the wrong move? Both can be true.

What it does show is the OL (whether it be the players or the scheme) is the root of the offensive issues. Burrow is a 1OA and arguably one of the best college QBs ever but the clown show on the line is making it almost impossible for him to succeed. Andy is a vet true but you could see the difference in the blocking and the impact - he was able to scan the field and step into his throws.

This  BS Dalton nut hanging doesn't belong in JN.. TaKE IT  somewhere else...
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:01 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I'm still glad we have Burrlw as i think his future is brighter, HOWEVER, I even though it's very unfortunate circumstances, I really want to see Dalton succeed, except against us of course.

Cant even compare Dallas OL to our so called OL...not surprised AD did well...and I bet Burrow would go off exponentially if he had that Line.
Dallas made a good move signing him now Dak is out for a while. MAybe they can take AJ off our hands?  
Reply/Quote
Dalton doing well in Dallas (if he does...I think he might) is a black eye on ZT and not Burrow. But how interesting is it that Boomer/Palmer/Dalton all left Cincy and then went to their home state NY/CA/TX and then if Andy keeps with the flow he will end up in AZ.

But yea, it's never Dalton vs Burrow it's ZT with Dalton vs ZT with Burrow and I'm not impressed with either side of that coin.
Reply/Quote
I think more along the lines that Dalton was not the only problem on this team, as well as not the main problem. That said, it does not prevent the smart choice being to get Joe Burrow and not having Dalton be the QB of the Bengals future; getting Burrow was the right thing. QB and coach are two big, bright things to blame things on. Both are gone and we still suck. Dalton can win more with the 2020 Cowboys than he can with the 2020 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 10:00 PM)kalibengal Wrote: MAybe they can take AJ off our hands?  

Let's trade him for Andy  Ninja

Reply/Quote
Not sure why this is in JN.. I can't find this chump named Andy Dalton on the Bengals roster.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:59 PM)Tony Wrote: This  BS Dalton nut hanging doesn't belong in JN.. TaKE IT  somewhere else...

(10-11-2020, 10:10 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not sure why this is in JN.. I can't find this chump named Andy Dalton on the Bengals roster.

So you guys don't think this falls into: anything and everything related to the Cincinnati Bengals?

He was our QB for 10 years and we play them later in the season. Folks should really just contribute. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
While I'll admit the "missing" of Dalton is absurd and knee-jerk nonsense, the overly-invested "I don't care!" response is a bit much, too.

The way I see it is the NFC east has been a boring division that gets too much attention, so at least now there is something mildly amusing about it. Go Andy...why not?
Reply/Quote
How many times has it been pointed out if you put a good offense around Andy can win? The Cowboys have a solid line, a great RB, and more than a couple receiving options.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Dalton led us to 5 straight postseason appearances to start off his career here. Something we may never see again in generations. Such feat shouldn't be disregarded as some have. He'll always come up until his era is no longer the golden years.

But it may be the best run any of us sees in our lifetime. That should garner more respect.

He'll be fired up for the game against us.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 10:20 PM)Synric Wrote: How many times has it been pointed out if you put a good offense around Andy he will win? The Cowboys have a solid line, a great RB, and a more than a couple receiving options.

We’ve also pointed out many times that most any quarterback will succeed under such conditions. Conversely, most any quarterback will fail behind the current offensive line the Bengals have.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you guys don't think this falls into: anything and everything related to the Cincinnati Bengals?

He was our QB for 10 years and we play them later in the season. Folks should really just contribute. 

Is he a Bengal right now? 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 10:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Is he a Bengal right now? 

if we can have boomer and palmer and anderson threads on jungle noise, why cant we have dalton threads?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 10:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Is he a Bengal right now? 

Don't worry; it got moved. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: That was 2012, right? It's like some don't realize progression and improvement...like they have downs or something.

Chronological order is a thing.....

Ya , Andy Dalton has not improved. WHY dont you guys go be cowboy fans? Dalton is trash. He barely helped beat the lowly Giants and you guys wanna fondle his balls all you can.. It  makes Bengals fan look so stupid..
Reply/Quote