Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
Antonio Brown 10x better than AJ
(12-11-2017, 12:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 5 catches for 71 yards? Lets be honest, that should be a below-average game for Green.

Even I wouldn't go there, although it's closer than some think. However, I will say (and have said) this:

AJ chokes just as badly as anyone else on this team. Remember when we lost to the Cowboys late in 2012 because he dropped an easy WIDE OPEN slant for the game winner? He's been that way through his career. Inconsistent at best in key games and clutch moments. He's directly caused what...5 INTs this year? He's had fumbles in key moments, drops, concentration lapses. He's cost us at least 2 wins this year. It's as if some people just instantly forget these things happen cuz "AJ Green".

I love AJ Green, but it seems like he's the only one on this team that can't be questioned (without being flamed) on here. Atkins, Dunlap, Burfict, Dalton, each RB, Marvin and pretty much everyone on this team has been heavily scrutinized. Some more than others...but if you dare question an aspect of AJ's game, it's flame on. Kinda ridiculous considering he's the franchise player and he's had some seriously rough moments this year. 

I put the choking of every player on this team on Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown. They've bred a culture of choking for 15+ years. That said, Green is as much a part of that as Dalton, Atkins, Burfict or any other player. They've all choked.
Finally, someone that can see it like I see it. AJ is very good but he has sucked quite a bit from time to time.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:01 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Finally, someone that can see it like I see it. AJ is very good but he has sucked quite a bit from time to time.

Tell me how many people on this forum watch every game of the Steelers, Atlanta, or whatever other team of the receiver you want to say is better. Find me that person and then they can give an objective opinion on how many mistakes those players make. Don't give me the 90% of people on here who watch maybe 2 or 3 games of those teams a year. Fans of another team can watch AJ drop 200 yards in a game and think he does that every game, doesn't make it true. 

Guess what...ive seen Jones and Brown drop catches before just like AJ. I just don't watch all of their games to tell you how many just like probably everyone else in this thread.
Reply/Quote
not a stats guy but I must put this to rest. With Landry at qb last time Landry started in a game that they weren't resting starters.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016102311/2016/REG7/patriots@steelers/watch#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000727378&tab=analyze

and 2015...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015102504/2015/REG7/steelers@chiefs/watch#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000565491&tab=analyze
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Aj is a top 4 wr. Let's just stop this not top 10 bullshit. He's had 1 bad year. After a bad injury. Come on. I still don't think hes completely back healthy to himself.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:31 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Tell me how many people on this forum watch every game of the Steelers, Atlanta, or whatever other team of the receiver you want to say is better. Find me that person and then they can give an objective opinion on how many mistakes those players make. Don't give me the 90% of people on here who watch maybe 2 or 3 games of those teams a year. Fans of another team can watch AJ drop 200 yards in a game and think he does that every game, doesn't make it true. 

Guess what...ive seen Jones and Brown drop catches before just like AJ. I just don't watch all of their games to tell you how many just like probably everyone else in this thread.

Yep... I'll tell you this much too. Very few people see a lot of Chargers games... Keenan Allen is up there with these other guys that their names tossed around as elite WRs.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 12:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: I know it hurts, but AJ just isn't clutch enough to be deemed elite. I'm not saying Sanu is better. Just far more clutch.

Detroit will happily return Marvin Jones. He'll likely be available his offseason.

The Falcons.... Sanu is there to stay. Worth every penny.

You must not have been following either Detroit or the Falcons .

Marvin Jones is about to have a 1000 yard season and 10 TD season wtf are you talking about?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
You see this thread is what give sports message boards a bad name. One side wants to blame Andy the Other side wants to blame AJ. In reality it's our shitty offensive line and the rest of our receivers are a bunch of slot guys who can't beat man on man coverage on a consistent basis that's the problem with our offense. Stop attacking good players and go after the bad ones.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 09:23 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Marvin Jones is about to have a 1000 yard season and 10 TD season wtf are you talking about?

Yeah I'm puzzled by this. People act like he's a bust.

He's GREAT on deep balls too. Maybe equal to AJ Green.

We certainly miss him in our offense.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 09:31 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: You see this thread is what give sports message boards a bad name. One side wants to blame Andy the Other side wants to blame AJ. In reality it's our shitty offensive line and the rest of our receivers are a bunch of slot guys who can't beat man on man coverage on a consistent basis that's the problem with our offense. Stop attacking good players and go after the bad ones.

Which ultimately puts the blame on the front office!

AJ Green did have some drops against the Steelers that he should have caught. I'll put that out there.
Reply/Quote
FWIW AJ has been credited with 2 drops on 118 targets this year:
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?season=2017&week=100&category=RECEIVING&opp=0&sort=11&qualified=1&sortOrder=0&page=2
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 03:47 PM)Sweetness Wrote: This sums up your post and the lack of intelligence put into it. I'll agree that Antonio Brown is probably better then A.J. but to say he's 10x better would literally put his power level over 9000.

I will grant you AB may not be 10x better but surely it can't be argued that AB is the better player and more reliable and consistent than AJ. I watch the Steelers every chance I get (rooting against them of course) but I have never seen AB wilt in big games.

If the Bengals had 2:00 minutes to drive 80 yards for a game winni g TD who are you taking. AJ or AB?
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 09:23 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Marvin Jones is about to have a 1000 yard season and 10 TD season wtf are you talking about?

Check his game logs since he's been a Lion. He's come on strong lately, but saying he's been inconsistent as a Lion is putting it nicely. He trailed Golden Tate  in catches and yards last year, and last I checked, he was trailing Tate again this year, although I haven't checked in a couple weeks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 09:31 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: You see this thread is what give sports message boards a bad name. One side wants to blame Andy the Other side wants to blame AJ. In reality it's our shitty offensive line and the rest of our receivers are a bunch of slot guys who can't beat man on man coverage on a consistent basis that's the problem with our offense. Stop attacking good players and go after the bad ones.

Pretty much.

The WR corp is not very good.

Malone, Boyd often look lost in routes.  Erickson would be a decent 3rd option.

The O-Line is bad.

The TEs are trying to cover for a pro bowl TE.

Did Kroft even play last game?  I recall Hewitt getting a pass out of the H Back, but not one TE thrown too?

Of course Dalton has missed throws at times.  I've seen even those elite QBs miss some.

I've also seen Antonio Brown drop open passes.  That happens to elite WRs too.

Do some of you guys even watch other NFL games?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 10:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Check his game logs since he's been a Lion. He's come on strong lately, but saying he's been inconsistent as a Lion is putting it nicely. He trailed Golden Tate  in catches and yards last year, and last I checked, he was trailing Tate again this year, although I haven't checked in a couple weeks.

Why does Tate's success  take away from Jones success? I don't get this both are good players and both are different style of players that fit each other perfectly. Serious question why dont you like Marvin Jones?He is a good player and he was productive for us.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 10:51 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Pretty much.

The WR corp is not very good.

Malone, Boyd often look lost in routes.  Erickson would be a decent 3rd option.

The O-Line is bad.

The TEs are trying to cover for a pro bowl TE.

Did Kroft even play last game?  I recall Hewitt getting a pass out of the H Back, but not one TE thrown too?

Of course Dalton has missed throws at times.  I've seen even those elite QBs miss some.

I've also seen Antonio Brown drop open passes.  That happens to elite WRs too.

Do some of you guys even watch other NFL games?

Honestly I don't think people do watch other NFL games.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 10:27 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: I will grant you AB may not be 10x better but surely it can't be argued that AB is the better player and more reliable and consistent than AJ. I watch the Steelers every chance I get (rooting against them of course) but I have never seen AB wilt in big games.

If the Bengals had 2:00 minutes to drive 80 yards for a game winni g TD who are you taking. AJ or AB?

I'll take Big Ben.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 03:38 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Wow just wow 

Is it really that unbelievable?  Andy has overcome all kinds of obstacles this year.  He was damn good on MNF against pitt's top ranked defense.  Green has shown a slow decline while Andy keeps rising.  There are lots of teams that have WRs that see double coverage and are big and strong enough to make things happen.  We have seen "indifferent AJ" time and time again this year.  And I don't want to hear how the team has infected him.  How do you think Dalton feels?  He continues to rise.  

If you are honest with yourself and have watched the likes of Keenan Allen, DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, and others, you would realize that AJ only stands out on the Bengals because he is surrounded by duds like Lafell.  I also don't rank guys like Goff ahead of Dalton since it is only one season and they still struggle against top defenses or when their running game doesn't carry the load.  
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 09:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Is it really that unbelievable?  Andy has overcome all kinds of obstacles this year.  He was damn good on MNF against pitt's top ranked defense.  Green has shown a slow decline while Andy keeps rising.  There are lots of teams that have WRs that see double coverage and are big and strong enough to make things happen.  We have seen "indifferent AJ" time and time again this year.  And I don't want to hear how the team has infected him.  How do you think Dalton feels?  He continues to rise.  

If you are honest with yourself and have watched the likes of Keenan Allen, DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, and others, you would realize that AJ only stands out on the Bengals because he is surrounded by duds like Lafell.  I also don't rank guys like Goff ahead of Dalton since it is only one season and they still struggle against top defenses or when their running game doesn't carry the load.  

Last year before getting hurt he was 36 yards away from getting his first six years with a thousand yards, joining only Randy Moss to do so. He only needs 50 more to make it 6/7. I don't get see the slow decline you speak of. He's producing at his regular clip on an awful offense at that. Imagine if he had coaches that can actually coach an entire game. We basically give AJ half the time as AB and other WRs Hilarious
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:31 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Tell me how many people on this forum watch every game of the Steelers, .....

Apparently, quite a few. How else would they KNOW that the refs always cheat in favor of the steelers? 
Reply/Quote

Based off of Detroit fans feedback, he's been a huge disappointment as a #1 receiver (which he was signed to be), and very inconsistent. He can get 400 yards in 3 games then disappear for the following 8 games.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote