Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antonio Brown? Make the Call to His Agent!
(09-07-2019, 08:07 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I feel a bit sorry for Raider fans, though.

Maybe...they were pretty smug they got a top talent WR for so little from the almighty Steelers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I didn’t read through this thread but I think this idea is a hard pass for me.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 08:24 PM)HuDey Wrote: I didn’t read through this thread but I think this idea is a hard pass for me.

He would have just acted like a maniac here, too.  The only place he might actually play football in NE, which is fine by me.  Like I said, all my Steeler pals were so smug that AB was on a team that was going to be terrible this year...whoops!
Reply/Quote
Patriots now have a double dose of cancer.

Should be fun to watch
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 06:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So the Patriots would have to convince Brown to give up $30 million for $9 million.

Why Brown asked for his release was he Raiders sent him a letter voiding his guaranteed money. They could basically have waived him at any point and got out of his deal over the next 2 years.

THAT'S why he requested his release.

Yep, I know all of this. I still think it smells. Not saying it 100 percent happened, but it would not surprise me in the least. Oh, I don't know, maybe a 31 year old WR who has had multiple multi- million dollar contracts in his career and has made more money than he can spend would gladly give up 15 mil for the chance to win a super bowl.  
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 08:51 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Patriots now have a double dose of cancer.

Should be fun to watch

Seeing as they got Gordon for next to nothing and he contributed to a SB ring I'm not sure I'd worry about him too much.  And if AB doesn't want to play they'll just phase him out and let him go.  The idea of either of these guys walking over BB is a laugh...but I guess you never know.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 08:52 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Yep, I know all of this. I still think it smells. Not saying it 100 percent happened, but it would not surprise me in the least. Oh, I don't know, maybe a 31 year old WR who has had multiple multi- million dollar contracts in his career and has made more money than he can spend would gladly give up 15 mil for the chance to win a super bowl.  

Winning doesn't seem important to Brown. He cares about statistics and attention. Maybe a SB run will give him attention, but winning isn't his primary concern.

Tomlin actually looks like a better coach for keeping this guy in check in Pittsburgh at the level he did.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 09:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Winning doesn't seem important to Brown. He cares about statistics and attention. Maybe a SB run will give him attention, but winning isn't his primary concern.

Tomlin actually looks like a better coach for keeping this guy in check in Pittsburgh at the level he did.

I wouldn't be so sure.  He said he wouldn't play if he got traded to Buffalo so the Steelers had to take less to get him on Oakland and when he gets to Oakland he started acting the fool POSSIBLY after seeing the team/Gruden were a bit of a joke and were looking at a losing season.

I'm not calling him a genius by any means, really this is just about Bellichick knowing how to exploit the weakness of another franchise for his own gain yet again.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 08:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Trade away Mack last season, act like they are in a rebuild and this crazy bastid does this.

Hard to feel sorry for Raiders fans but that is rough.

I feel bad for their fans, coach and GM.

I like Gruden and Mayock.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He was a problem here even if he had better numbers than Chad that season. He was dropping balls and throwing the OC 
and Carson under the bus as BF4life here says. Dude was just selfish and pretty sure still is, that was his problem. AB is even
worse though, completely spoiled and as a lot of people have said on here bat shit crazy.

Thanks for the reply. I just don’t remember any of that for some reason. I think it’s just years of being a Bengals fan. The 90s were hard on us lol
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 09:39 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I feel bad for their fans, coach and GM.

I feel quite badly for the fans, but Mayock knew what he was getting into and Gruden is calling all the shots and getting paid a king's ransom to pretty much stink out loud for the final two years in Oakland.  
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 09:39 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I feel bad for their fans, coach and GM.

It is rough. I do like the Grude and Mayock myself.

(09-07-2019, 09:43 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I just don’t remember any of that for some reason. I think it’s just years of being a Bengals fan. The 90s were hard on us lol

You're welcome, understand completely. I remember cause of the Batman and Robin hype before the season.

(09-07-2019, 09:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I feel quite badly for the fans, but Mayock knew what he was getting into and Gruden is calling all the shots and getting paid a king's ransom to pretty much stink out loud for the final two years in Oakland.  

True, still like those guys even if i don't like the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 09:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, still like those guys even if i don't like the Raiders.

They're interesting, so I'll grant them that.  It's just that Gruden has been there for 2 years and in each year the most talented player on the team has wanted out before game 1....it's odd.  But hey, that just gives Raiders fans twice the amount of "We'll be better off without that cancer!" power, right?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 09:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They're interesting, so I'll grant them that.  It's just that Gruden has been there for 2 years and in each year the most talented player on the team has wanted out before game 1....it's odd.  But hey, that just gives Raiders fans twice the amount of "We'll be better off without that cancer!" power, right?

Right ha ha  :andy: Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 09:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I feel quite badly for the fans, but Mayock knew what he was getting into and Gruden is calling all the shots and getting paid a king's ransom to pretty much stink out loud for the final two years in Oakland.  

The irony is that they drafted for high character, yet traded for a POS.

It takes one malignant cell to create a tumor - irrespective of billions of healthy cells around.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 07:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This move is making Steeler fans pretty mad, so naturally I love it.  Just think, for AB to go to the Patriots from the Steelers it would have been like two 1st round picks or something absurd so they just let the stupid Raiders foot the bill and then pick him up for next to nothing.

Take notes Mike Brown, this is how winning saves you resources in the long run.

Lordy, if the Patriots could win a ring with AB and then also have 7 SBs to Pittsburgh's 6 I'd explode with shameful joy.

I'd much rather the Bengals have the 7 instead of NE and I'm not so old that it's impossible. Highly improbably, yes. Impossible? Not really. 
There it is. I'm now on record for wanting the Bengals to win 7 superbowls before I die of old age.. I might just live to 1000 just to spite shitsburg now.  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 10:07 PM)XsandOs Wrote: The irony is that they drafted for high character, yet traded for a POS.

It takes one malignant cell to create a tumor - irrespective of billions of healthy cells around.

Ehh, I think this whole "we want high character" stuff is overblown lip-service coaches say because the internet age has made it easier to see how many NFL players aren't choir boys.  Big Ben is a cancer, AB is a cancer, Bell is a cancer, James Harrison was a cancer, Hines Ward was a cancer and so on.  Every team has lousy people on it who fight and scream and yell and sometimes do rotten stuff off the field, but the weak franchises are the ones who let this malignant bs override what they are doing on the field.

We've had some lousy guys on our team and we still do but hey, ZT says we are all about character and pats a few good character guys on the head and that's that.  I just remember the Steelers being under fire for Ben's legal issues and trading Santonio Holmes for a weed violation and acting all high and mighty for it.  I'm a cynic, so feel free to disregard.

That's the nature of the NFL, so be it.  I'm ok with it, I don't look to the NFL for moral guidance.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 09:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Winning doesn't seem important to Brown. He cares about statistics and attention. Maybe a SB run will give him attention, but winning isn't his primary concern.

Personally, I think Tomlin created the monster. AB was repeatedly late for meetings, threw repeated tantrums on the sidelines, and went unchecked for every single thing he did while in Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 10:29 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Personally, I think Tomlin created the monster. AB was repeatedly late for meetings, threw repeated tantrums on the sidelines, and went unchecked for every single thing he did while in Pittsburgh.

I realize it was a big joke at the time, but AB putting his foot in that punter's face after he failed to "hurdle him" struck me as a d-bag move.  At any rate, the Steelers kept his antics in check until he wanted out, the Raiders couldn't control him, and I expect the Patriots may be able to get him back to levels of control like the Steelers had.  

Maybe...he seems nuts but he was smart enough to "crazy" his way out of playing for the Bills and the Raiders and he landed with the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 07:30 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Have you ever watched Fran Tarkenton highlights? He had passing records that stood for like thirty years. In fact, he's still top 10 in A LOT of statistics, is 8th all time in passing yards with over 47,000, and he played in the 70s. He's absolutely in the same conversation as AB and Moss. Fouts was dominant too. 

Nope, sure haven’t. Still think there’s a pretty big gap between guys like TO and Moss who are top 3-4 at a position like WR that’s had A LOT of great players, and borderline top 10 QB’s, but I get what you’re saying.

Reply/Quote