Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Anyone else feel just "meh" about the game, today?
I just don't know what to think. Even if the Bengals WIN, and somehow make the playoffs, I just don't see them going very far.
I WANT to be optimistic, but the INCONSISTENCY they've shown just dampens it.
I'll probably watch the game (if it's available in my area) but I may not. I may just check the score occasionally.
Reply/Quote
Whoa is you.... Hilarious I'm currently watching Tennessee vs Shitsburgh and getting ready to stream the Bengals game at 4 and enjoying every minute of this ride.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't say I'm pessimistic. This team has a lot of potential. I'll concede if they don't make playoffs, they didn't deserve it with some of the games they gave up this year, but if they do make it, they have the capability to do some damage. Just keep all your arms and legs inside the car while we ride the rest of the coaster.
Reply/Quote
Been trying to think of something to do other than watch the game but I’ll probably watch it. I will turn it off again though if it starts the same way as the last two weeks. I’m just not going to watch that crap. I’m too old to sit around getting mad at some game. I don’t need it, and if I miss a remarkable comeback victory from time to time so be it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Even if they get to the playoffs, I don’t see a playoff win for them.

And then that hangs over this squad’s head how they couldn’t win a playoff game

I just do not know how to feel
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 04:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Whoa is you.... Hilarious  I'm currently watching Tennessee vs Shitsburgh and getting ready to stream the Bengals game at 4 and enjoying every minute of this ride.

Do you mean "Woe is you?"
I'm also currently watching Tennessee vs Shitsburgh... I enjoy watching the Squeelers suffer.

EDIT: I just checked the TV map... I won't get Bengals/Broncos game.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 04:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Whoa is you.... Hilarious I'm currently watching Tennessee vs Shitsburgh and getting ready to stream the Bengals game at 4 and enjoying every minute of this ride.

Same. Fun year of football. Fun ride. I’ve enjoyed it.

I’m keeping an eye on the Panthers keeping it close with da Bills too!

That said, I think we lose today AND miss the playoffs as well.

Browns and Chiefs will spank us.

Still a fun season to watch, albeit, frustrating as heck too bc we all know what this team can do.
Reply/Quote
I swear I don't understand you guys. I'm excited every week to watch the JoeyB show. Win or lose, I enjoy watching this team. If I didn't, I would toss in my fanhood and just walk away altogether. I hate bad first and 2nd quarters as well, but they kind of make all that much funner to watch Burrow bring them back in the 4th. Somebody in GD was calling the game over in the 1st half last week, and yet they were tied at the end of regulation play. I've got a feeling we may struggle today without Reiff and Awuzie, but I'd not miss it for the world. We only get 17 opportunities to watch the Bengals play each year, I'll be ****ed If I'm going to miss one because they might not win.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 04:17 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I just don't know what to think.  Even if the Bengals WIN, and somehow make the playoffs, I just don't see them going very far.
I'll probably watch the game (if it's available in my area) but I may not.  I may just check the score occasionally.

I literally could not be kept away from watching this game, but I am like that every Bengals game.  

I get your point about inconsistency, but isn't that something that could really be said about almost every team in the league right now?

The Bengals beat themselves the last two games.  

The Charger game had Chase bobble a TD in to an INT and Mixon fumbled on a potential lead-changing drive in LA territory that was returned for a TD.

The 49er game was lost by Phillips and his two fumbles.  

I don't think the Chargers or 49ers beat the Bengals.  They beat themselves.  They still sent the SF game to OT and the Charger game had a massive comeback (from 24-0 to 24-22 and driving) but was short-circuited by Mixon's fumble.  

I think they don't have two horrible turnovers this game to give away the game.  I think they play a sound game and Burrow throws up another 30 burger.  They know how big this game is.  They are going to win it:  31-20.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Looking forward to the game today. I think we are going to win. Not to get anyone excited, but I think this team gets it. Plus, we have players on this team that don't like loosing. Burrow knows the urgency of every game and I think they will have a good game plan. Also, I look for him to audible often. The culture of this team is a good one. These guys are going to figure out a way to win and start putting the pieces together.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 04:27 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Do you mean "Woe is you?"
I'm also currently watching Tennessee vs Shitsburgh... I enjoy watching the Squeelers suffer.

EDIT: I just checked the TV map... I won't get Bengals/Broncos game.

Did you see the acting Job Fat Jen was putting on when he got hit late? The defensive player barely shoved him and Jen got up holding his shoulder like he had been hit by a semi tractor... The ref just walked away.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
It's football of course I'm excited!!!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I don’t think there’s a legitimate chance this team closes out the season with more than 2 wins. They’re underdogs today. They’ll be underdogs in each game unless BAL doesn’t have Lamar yet. And I don’t think they’re going to win a game if they DO make it.

Be pessimistic; that’s justified. But you have to at least watch. There’s no other reason to be a fan.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Now the doom and gloom has even started before the opening kickoff…

That’s new.

Reply/Quote
Bengals win today. It's their MO this year. Parade on Monday, therapy is in two weeks.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 04:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Did you see the acting Job Fat Jen was putting on when he got hit late? The defensive player barely shoved him and Jen got up holding his shoulder like he had been hit by a semi tractor... The ref just walked away.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Reminds me of the Burfict (non) Hit on Antonio Brown in the 2016 playoff game. Brown was a hellova actor on that play.

Reply/Quote
Yeah I’m excited. Tough loss last week won’t crush this Bengals team. Maybe some of the old ones but not these cats.

Bengals win this week. Bengals win next week. All of the doom and gloomers on this board start talking super bowl. They lose to the chiefs and everyone goes back to “the season is lost”, “Taylor is garbage”. Bengals make the playoffs and everyone has given up hope before the game starts. The number of bipolar posters on this board never ceases to amaze me.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 04:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Now the doom and gloom has even started before the opening kickoff…

That’s new.

Since when does "meh" equate to "doom and gloom?"
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 04:17 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I just don't know what to think.  Even if the Bengals WIN, and somehow make the playoffs, I just don't see them going very far.
I'll probably watch the game (if it's available in my area) but I may not.  I may just check the score occasionally.

Thanks, I really needed this information to get on with my day...
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 05:05 PM)Tony Wrote: Thanks, I really needed this information to get on with my day...

So, are you feeling just "meh" about the game today, or no?
This is a Bengals DISCUSSION board... so, feel free to discuss.
Reply/Quote