Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Anyone else feel just "meh" about the game, today?
I wouldn't trade Burrow for anyone honestly. His moxie is what this city needed.

You can say so and so is better or whatever but build a team around Burrow and he will deliver results.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 08:02 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I wouldn't trade Burrow for anyone honestly. His moxie is what this city needed.

You can say so and so is better or whatever but build a team around Burrow and he will deliver results.

Absolutely!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 05:56 PM)PhilHos Wrote: My archnemesis is a lame-o. Mellow

LOL

I don't even have an arch-nemesis... Cry
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 06:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, it can be tough to keep up at times.  I have the radio on, the tv on (muted), the stats page up and I'm trying to pay attention to the actual plays while also reading others' posts and occasionally composing my own.  And I sometimes have the Lions GD chat in another window to really torture myself.  And, if my wife comes in and asks a question it blows up the entire process.  The trick is to not try and read everything.  If I compose a post and another 20 posts go by, I let them and just pick up with the current one.  

It can be a hectic process, and it's an acquired taste, I guess.  

Wow, you really get into it Llama LMAO!

Love it. Smirk

(12-20-2021, 07:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Over Mahomes who already has a Super Bowl!?!? 

I'm not anti Burrow but Mahomes and Kyler Murray are doing things at the QB position that Burrow simply can't do. 

That isn't a knock on him, those two are just built differently. 

He clearly is the best option in the AFC North which will be enough to win the division for a bit but I'm just not ready to say he is going to be the guy of the NFL for the next 10 years like Mahomes will be.

Mahomes is damn good but I think Burrow can be just as good if not better honestly.

The difference is coaching, can Zac Taylor and company become something like Andy Reid and company?

I think Burrow is just as mentally strong and maybe even more so than Mahomes and Burrow can be more accurate.

Mahomes is just maybe the best ever at throwing on the run. Burrow is a better pocket passer though already IMO.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 05:57 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I never said I didn't fell the game wasn't "crucial."
However, even though I knew it was possible, I didn't have the utmost confidence that the Bengals would go in there and beat Denver.  It could have very easily been a loss.
I wasn't too optimistic, but I wasn't too pessimistic - that's the very definition of "meh."

I've never been confident that any Bengal team, any year, would get the win @ Denver. It's a tough place to play for any road team, especially those not in afc west. I didn't say it before. But I'll say it now. You're off base. Oh, and I'm no Homer apologist, either...
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:37 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Is it... REALLY, though?

Look, I love JB and want him to succeed as much as anyone, and he's certainly an above average QB, but let's not pretend he's
Ben Roethelisberger coming off the bench and winning 14 in a row (or whatever it was) in 2004.

While I WANT them to be GREAT... the Bengals are undeniably just a slightly above AVERAGE team, right now.

I'm not hating on them... I'm just saying my "meh" is justified.  I'm along for the ride... I'm just not screaming with excitement.

I am confident he will be every bit as good as Ben Roethlisberger. I realize Ben is a HOF QB when I say this. I think he is going to be more like a Joe Montana/Steve Young/Tom Brady type.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:47 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I am confident he will be every bit as good as Ben Roethlisberger. I realize Ben is a HOF QB when I say this. I think he is going to be more like a Joe Montana/Steve Young/Tom Brady type.

I see the same in Joe Burrow. Also a touch of Peyton. I always remember when Peyton played us and he looked PO'ed before 
the game cause we were favored and he just tore us up. I see a bit of this in Joe, he takes certain games personal and has a lot
of fire which is wild for a QB only in his 2nd season in the NFL while not playing every game. Old soul.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 05:54 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The GD thread is not for the squeamish, to be sure.  It's a non-stop stream-of-conscious for the participants, and that isn't always pretty.  

Actually, I'm amazed at how good we all get along in there.  90% of what goes down is a good-natured give and take between us.  Emotions can run hot at times and there can be some weird takes, but it's still mostly good.  The problem lies in the other 10% of the time, with the same posters with the same axes to grind going after one another like they do in JN.  I'm not pointing fingers, but It's getting to the point that when you see a certain poster make a post, you know their "arch-nemesis" will be along directly to stir the shit and start an argument.  Then it's up to the rest of us to try and keep the focus on the game and ignore their shenanigans.    

All that being said, personally speaking, I find it's still the best way to watch a game on a Sunday, especially when living in a home with a wife and a cat who are mostly indifferent to the game.  

When it comes down to it, we are all Bengals fans here no matter what you say in the moment. People deal with emotion differently.. I live in PA with no Bengals fans around. It's the only way I can watch the game with other Bengals fans...
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 05:56 PM)PhilHos Wrote: My archnemesis is a lame-o. Mellow

LOL

We are Frienemys now...
Reply/Quote
Really enjoying the season. This team is growing with a franchise QB. Past years we have not had a QB that was the difference maker. Without that you are destined to fall short of a championship. Burrow gives us that element. The front office has recognized that and opened up the wallet to acquire talent. This off season beef up the offensive line and we are off and running. Of course like all teams staying healthy is key but on paper with a better offensive line we could be scary good.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 07:53 AM)Waite Hoyt Wrote: Really enjoying the season. This team is growing with a franchise QB. Past years we have not had a QB that was the difference maker. Without that you are destined to fall short of a championship. Burrow gives us that element. The front office has recognized that and opened up the wallet to acquire talent. This off season beef up the offensive line and we are off and running. Of course like all teams staying healthy is key but on paper with a better offensive line we could be scary good.

Nice post. Yes, Joe Burrow gives us the element we were missing and he is only going to get better with a better OL.
Reply/Quote