Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone still think Tee will be our #1?
This guy has all the skill to be a legit #1.. Even with Ja'maar on the team. I could see the targets split pretty equally...
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 04:05 PM)Tony Wrote: This guy has all the skill to be a legit #1.. Even with Ja'maar on the team. I could see the targets split pretty equally...

Sure is good competition now. Tee is the #1 though right now.

Love Chase but he has to earn that #1 role. Tee had a very good rookie season, think Chase can do the same if not more but
we will see. Our first round picks have had it rough for a long time staying healthy as rookies. Boyd is the best Slot WR in the
NFL or at least one of the top 5. We have one of the best trio's in the NFL, just need to add depth.
Reply/Quote
He's going to be a high level 2 who is definitely worth being a #1. Chase is already the #1 no doubt about it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think I'm not gonna worry about 1, 2, & 3 with our wide receivers... All three of em are gonna do damage this season.

I also agree with the OP when it comes to targets. The open man is getting them.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
It’s gonna go back and forth between all 3

If Tee receives number 1 coverage all year, Jamarr will finish 1

If Jamarr receives number 1 coverage all year, Tee will finish 1

Boyd will have the most catches either way imo
Reply/Quote
I’m struggling to think of a team that had this much fire power without comparing them to some team like the 99 rams. I don’t think they’ll be that level though.

There was a time when the Colts had a pretty good trio
Wayne = Chase
Garçon = Higgins
Collie = Boyd

But Boyd is better than Collie and Higgins I think is better than garçon. Chase worse than Wayne at this point in his career.

On paper they look to be deadly, especially since Burrow doesn’t play favorites. Very excited to see what it looks like on the field in the new jerseys!
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 04:18 PM)jason Wrote: I think I'm not gonna worry about 1, 2, & 3 with our wide receivers... All three of em are gonna do damage this season.

I also agree with the OP when it comes to targets. The open man is getting them.

Nice post Jason, yeah, it doesn't really matter. The only thing that will matter is who the Defense thinks is the #1.

They will be a tough trio to deal with if they can stay healthy that is for damn sure.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 05:04 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’m struggling to think of a team that had this much fire power without comparing them to some team like the 99 rams. I don’t think they’ll be that level though.

Wayne = Chase
Garçon = Higgins
Collie = Boyd

But Boyd is better than Collie and Higgins I think is better than garçon. Chase worse than Wayne at this point in his career.

On paper they look to be deadly, especially since Burrow doesn’t play favorites. Very excited to see what it looks like on the field in the new jerseys!

Man, that was a good trio, but Harrison, Wayne and Stokley is a better comp imo. That's before Clark had really blossomed and when the Colts were still running a TE platoon, similar to what we have now with CJ and Sample.

Either way, I don't mind modeling ourselves after a unit that set the league record for passing tds. That's for sure. Wink
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 05:31 PM)tms Wrote: Man, that was a good trio, but Harrison, Wayne and Stokley is a better comp imo. That's before Clark had really blossomed and when the Colts were still running a TE platoon, similar to what we have now with CJ and Sample.

Either way, I don't mind modeling ourselves after a unit that set the league record for passing tds. That's for sure. Wink

I was trying to think who the third guy was on that unit... Can't believe I forgot as I had a really good seat to watch him score that crazy ass TD against us opening day of 2009.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 05:04 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’m struggling to think of a team that had this much fire power without comparing them to some team like the 99 rams. I don’t think they’ll be that level though.

Wayne = Chase
Garçon = Higgins
Collie = Boyd

2018 Atlanta Falcons
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 05:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2018 Atlanta Falcons

Better run the ball in the Super Bowl in the 2nd half then...
Reply/Quote
Realistically, chase hasn't stepped on an nfl field yet, so you can't crown him anything.

Tee had a solid rookie season and will likely be even stronger this year. If chase is the vertical threat advertised, tee will probably do better just based off the fact that our line is improved, but not by a ton. So you're still going to see more short targets than you are long bombs.
Reply/Quote
Bengals were dead last in the NFL in Explosive Plays. We need to see the playmakers make plays.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 05:04 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’m struggling to think of a team that had this much fire power.

The Bucs, just last year. 
The Cowboys, just last year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
As long as they combine for 3000+ yards, I don’t care who is WR1, WR2, or WR3 among Higgins, Boyd, and Chase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 06:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Bucs, just last year. 
The Cowboys, just last year.

Pretty crazy that Cooper, Lamb, and Gallup combined for 2892 yards and 15 TDs, especially given how few games Prescott played.

Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The problem with discussing #1's and #2's and #3's is that everyone has a different definition of what that means.

Do you mean #1 in production? Do you mean #1 in the type of role (outside deep threat)?

When you're discussing roles (1, 2 and 3) that's entirely changed too. With teams forgoing the use of a fullback and running 3 WR's, or 2 WR's + 2 TE's, it all gets a little murky.

Remember, at one time TJ was easily considered our #2. Chris Henry was our #3. This was largely due to snap counts and the fact TJ started and Henry did not. He also outproduced Henry. I think that would be a different conversation nowadays. At least for some of us. TJ would be considered a "slot receier" or a #3 because of the underneath work. And Henry's numbers would balloon due to more playing time (Jeremiah Johnson wouldn't exist now)

To each their own, but because of all of the above I largely avoid this conversations now. It just ends up being that we're all talking about different things while using the same terms.

But to answer your question from a pure numbers stand point? I think any of the 3 could lead the team in yards (good problem to have). And even if one does that's not even necessarily because they're the "best" of the bunch. A lot of that has to do with the system, playcalling, and how the defense chooses to defend. So yeah, I think there's a decent change Tee Higgins is our #1 (in production). And if he's not I still expect him to be close. I expect all 3 to be relatively close (if Zac uses them correctly).
Reply/Quote
If Higgins get passed by Chase as the #1 he has nothing to be ashamed of. His production as a rookie last year was very impressive. We will basically have two #1 WRs.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 06:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Pretty crazy that Cooper, Lamb, and Gallup combined for 2892 yards and 15 TDs, especially given how few games Prescott played.

Schultz threw on another 615/4 at TE and while I think he is overrated, Elliott is a good RB, too.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Wayne = Chase
Garçon = Higgins
Collie = Boyd

You don’t have to think very hard. The Bucs just last year had Antonio Brown, Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. And Rob Gronkowski.
Reply/Quote