Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone that is sad
(06-02-2015, 09:14 AM)Chris Wrote: Please tell me how long the TEAM would last if no "fans" supported the management financially?

There are enough guys like you willing to be on their knees 24/7 for anything the team does so they stay in business.

It's a win-win if you think about it (I know thinking is hard for you), you get to live in delusional land believing everything in sunshine and rainbows, and we get to not waste our money supporting a team that doesn't give a shit about it's fans.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 09:01 AM)Chris Wrote: So, let me get this straight. Confused  
You say you are a Bengals fan, yet you refuse to support them financialy, (I guess you will record the games and watch them later so you won't see any ads) and will not even accept free tickets to go see a game,,, would you care to tell me why you're even here?
 I mean, wouldn't it be better if you chose a team that you liked enough to actually support?

It is possible to be a fan of the team and players while disagreeing with management and ownership decisions.  You are allowed to be a fan if you're not a season ticket holder.  Correct?
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 09:14 AM)Chris Wrote: Please tell me how long the TEAM would last if no "fans" supported the management financially?

We're talking about one guy who is pissed at the FO for a bone-headed move.  I think the team will live on without his money.  It's a personal decision.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You say you are a Bengals fan, yet you refuse to support them financialy, (I guess you will record the games and watch them later so you won't see any ads) and will not even accept free tickets to go see a game,,, would you care to tell me why you're even here?
 I mean, wouldn't it be better if you chose a team that you liked enough to actually support?

Sounds like you have it pretty straight to me sport. ThumbsUp

I have supported this team for 30+ years.  For my loyalty, I have been "rewarded" with the longest playoff drought in league history, an extension awarded to a coach with the longest streak of futility in league history, no championships, no ring of honor for past greats and our all time favorites, one of the worst decades in the history of ALL professional sports, and the unceremonious dismissal of my favorite coach....just to name a few "perks".  Yet, through it all, I remained loyal.....buying merch, going to games......I quit going for a while until they made some changes....I slowly came back.  Now, they slap a lot of us die hards in the face by kicking us out of their home site.  Yep, call me just a tad pissed off about my latest "reward".

It's between me and them.....doesn't really concern you.....you can do what you like, and I will do the same.  I will swallow my pride for my children if they want to go, other than that, I will pass those tickets on to someone else, because not accepting them would be disrespectful to the kind hearted sales rep that brings me tickets.  Capiche?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 09:22 AM)djs7685 Wrote: There are enough guys like you willing to be on their knees 24/7 for anything the team does so they stay in business.

It's a win-win if you think about it (I know thinking is hard for you), you get to live in delusional land believing everything in sunshine and rainbows, and we get to not waste our money supporting a team that doesn't give a shit about it's fans.

Where's the neg rep thing?
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 10:52 AM)Chris Wrote: Where's the neg rep thing?

Keep looking, I bet you'll find it eventually.
Reply/Quote
What's to be sad about, especially after reading through the last page of this thread? It's just like the old board, now that one fan tells another his way of being a fan doesn't measure up to the other. Yep! We're 'home'. Maybe this is something to be sad about, because if this crap continues there will less traffic here as time goes by.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 11:04 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: What's to be sad about, especially after reading through the last page of this thread? It's just like the old board, now that one fan tells another his way of being a fan doesn't measure up to the other. Yep! We're 'home'. Maybe this is something to be sad about, because if this crap continues there will less traffic here as time goes by.

It's funny that you rep somebody for his "good posting", yet he's the one that was telling others that their way of being a fan isn't good enough. Chris is the one that originally blasted others for being less of a fan, especially with use of putting "fan" in quotes like that when referring to Wyche and others.

Do you realize how hypocritical this post of yours is?

Mellow
Reply/Quote
True dat. There are as many ways to be a fan as there are fans. No two are the same.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 11:12 AM)djs7685 Wrote: It's funny that you rep somebody for his "good posting", yet he's the one that was telling others that their way of being a fan isn't good enough. Chris is the one that originally blasted others for being less of a fan, especially with use of putting "fan" in quotes like that when referring to Wyche and others.

Do you realize how hypocritical this post of yours is?

Mellow

It's called sarcasm. And it's a little creepy you don't get that. But please, carry on.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 11:33 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: It's called sarcasm. And it's a little creepy you don't get that. But please, carry on.

A little creepy (poor choice of words btw) that I didn't get the "sarcasm" in the post with absolutely no blatant sarcasm involved?

Seems legit.

I'm genuinely curious now, what are you claiming was the sarcastic part of your post? I completely understand your attempted joke when you said "Yep, we're home!", but past that, what was blatantly sarcastic that I missed?
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 11:16 AM)Beaker Wrote: The Bengals.com MB today:

[Image: sinking-ship.png]

The last known pic of Denny:

[Image: All%20Hands%20On%20Deck%20-%20Clean.jpg]

Yet we're all safe and dry thanks to a book written by Bengalholic:

[Image: 8074763079_8d5c7e019a_b.jpg]

And, as final respects are paid:

[Image: taps.jpg]

The new (and way better) board leaves port:

[Image: Yacht%20Party.jpg]

And the party continues:

[Image: bbc.jpg]

We even let a steeler fan or two come on board the new ship:

[Image: interrogate_yacht_party_web-403x540.jpg]

As for Denny, no one knows what became of him:

[Image: booze_cruise_1.jpg]

The bottom pic in my story may expain why Denny was only on for 2 minutes.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 11:39 AM)djs7685 Wrote: A little creepy (poor choice of words btw) that I didn't get the "sarcasm" in the post with absolutely no blatant sarcasm involved?

Seems legit.

I'm genuinely curious now, what are you claiming was the sarcastic part of your post? I completely understand your attempted joke when you said "Yep, we're home!", but past that, what was blatantly sarcastic that I missed?

Your bit of telling others how to post has really gotten old. Pester someone else.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 08:02 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I can't recall him right now.  What happened to him?

Denny and HH had a difference of opinion regarding Dalton (I believe during his rookie year). At some point Denny baited HH with an insult to instigate an argument by calling HH a Browns' fan. HH was a long time season ticket holder and took offense at the insult from an insignificant Bengals' representative. HH took the bait and insulted Denny in return. That was exactly what Denny wanted and he banned HH and deleted the exchange. I asked Denny about it and he told me I didn't know what happened. I told him I know he instigated the insults so HH shouldn't be banned. Denny claimed he consulted another mod, but none of them were logged on. I asked Denny which mod. Then Denny told me he had been instructed not to discuss his moderation.  Just one example.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 11:45 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Your bit of telling others how to post has really gotten old. Pester someone else.

Where did I tell you how to post? In fact, where did I tell anybody how to post?

What are you even talking about? Your little BFF was the one telling people how they aren't real fans, not me.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 06:28 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: All good points.  I do agree that the word hate gets thrown around too much, so I should have used a different word.  I didn't have a problem with Denny because constant positivity is not as annoying to me as constant negativity.  But I certainly disagreed with him off and on over the years, especially over Bob Bratkowski, as I recall. 

I don't like either one. I like reasonable posters who bring an honest take with thought behind it.  
(06-02-2015, 07:13 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Having a positive outlook is one thing, but having a completely disingenuous outlook just to suck up to management for one's own personal gain is another. I never thought telling the fans they should be ashamed of themselves or that individual's lives sucked because they disagreed was a positive outlook personally. Sprinkle in the abuse of his position and I understand why people feel the way they do.  You reap what you sow. 

Bingo. The divisive threads he created were what made me lose all respect for him. He was a driving force behind a lot of the "hater vs homer" crap that went on for a couple years. He would treat anyone who wasn't constantly positive as if they weren't a true fan.

Denny would approve of this post. Smh.
(06-02-2015, 11:04 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: What's to be sad about, especially after reading through the last page of this thread? It's just like the old board, now that one fan tells another his way of being a fan doesn't measure up to the other. Yep! We're 'home'. Maybe this is something to be sad about, because if this crap continues there will less traffic here as time goes by.

Yeah this is one aspect of the old boards that I hope does not carry over. Everyone who logs in to talk Bengals on a regular basis is a fan. A positive or negative take doesn't make you any less of a fan. If you disagree with someone, explain why. Calling out someone's fandom is childish. Seriously..."find another team to root for" has to be the lamest line ever.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
understandably mentioning the old board and team management brings out some strong reactions. Try to take any hostility out in that direction and not on each other. Likewise no need to take it out on someone with positivity.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 09:22 AM)djs7685 Wrote: There are enough guys like you willing to be on their knees 24/7 for anything the team does so they stay in business.

Did you just call me a chocksuccer? 

I disagree with your premise that they don't give a shit about thier fans. In fact, that's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Yes, I win because the Bengals are indeed sunshine and rainbows to me but I wouldn't call it delusional, I call it enjoying my entertainment.
 I get it now though, you want all the advantages, but are unwilling or too broke to put out any money for it.

Reply/Quote
Bye bye mothership. Now, less sensorship here on this board.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Popcorn

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote