Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone that is sad
(06-01-2015, 08:28 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: No foolin'?  

Well, in that case, welcome aboard, Denny.  Oh, and please tell Scrooge McDuck and his horse-faced ***** daughter that Awful Llama cordially invites them both to go **** themselves with rusty garden implements.

LMAO I'm not sure I fully understand how you *really* feel.....

rfaulk34
(06-01-2015, 10:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Is he gonna give us all an infraction?  :snark:

.......obviously not....just struck me as odd.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO I'm not sure I fully understand how you *really* feel.....

rfaulk34

.......obviously not....just struck me as odd.....
Is he registered as DennyG2?

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've already changed that bookmark icon to something else. 

Outta sight, outta mind. 

(06-01-2015, 10:31 PM)Bryan Wrote: I just deleted it from my bookmarks. Maybe it'll help.

**** 'em, until the last day, I hadn't posted there in weeks.  Won't be financially supporting them either.  I may wind up with free tickets from our flyash supplier.....if not, I won't be attending any games either.  If not for the kids and the kind sales rep, I probably wouldn't even accept them.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:40 PM)Bryan Wrote: Is he registered as DennyG2?

Yup.....check the members list.

Reply/Quote
http://bengalsboard.net/User-DennyG2

Reply/Quote
The only good things about that message board are the members that are here now. Otherwise it was shit because we couldn't say "shit".

Not to mention be able to post YT videos about shit.

Not that I need nor want to say/type "shit" all the time but it's nice to have the option. Especially on Sundays. [Image: spoop_smileypooping_100-1012.gif]

Reply/Quote
Good grief, people! Is it ok to NOT hate Denny? Maybe just enjoy this board?
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 11:06 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Good grief, people!  Is it ok to NOT hate Denny?  Maybe just enjoy this board?

If you don't hate Denny you aren't a real fan.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: http://bengalsboard.net/User-DennyG2

Wow. He spent a whole 2 seconds online Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 11:06 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Good grief, people!  Is it ok to NOT hate Denny?  Maybe just enjoy this board?

Probably not a good idea to hate him. Doesn't do anyone any good, particularly oneself.

I like the more freewheelingness of this board and would like to see it stay that way. I really don't want to see rules because someone let their personal feels get out of hand. Just not worth it.

I'm sure Denny was just doing his job and pushing the company line.

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 06:04 PM)Beaker Wrote:  
I thought BBC stood for

Big Black [Image: rooster.jpg]

Wait, all those posts of mine were on a big black rooster?
I should have cried foul!
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 05:03 PM)treee Wrote: There wasn't enough traffic yet the boards practically crashed every football sunday. Yea, that makes a lot of sense.

I was only around for close to 5 years, but I didn't see any decline, other than the typical slow periods during the offseason.

Maybe the boards were busier for the first 5 years?

Hate is a strong word that gets thrown around a lot these days. I don't hate Denny. I just view him the same way I view Hobson. Probably not a bad guy in person. Just a company puppet. According to him, literally everything the Bengals have ever done was/is correct and everything is all positive.

I'm not against positivity when it's genuine. I think most people realize that Denny's positivity was probably less than genuine.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 01:59 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was only around for close to 5 years, but I didn't see any decline, other than the typical slow periods during the offseason.

Maybe the boards were busier for the first 5 years?

Hate is a strong word that gets thrown around a lot these days. I don't hate Denny. I just view him the same way I view Hobson. Probably not a bad guy in person. Just a company puppet. According to him, literally everything the Bengals have ever done was/is correct and everything is all positive.

I'm not against positivity when it's genuine. I think most people realize that Denny's positivity was probably less than genuine.

All good points.  I do agree that the word hate gets thrown around too much, so I should have used a different word.  I didn't have a problem with Denny because constant positivity is not as annoying to me as constant negativity.  But I certainly disagreed with him off and on over the years, especially over Bob Bratkowski, as I recall. 
Reply/Quote
Having a positive outlook is one thing, but having a completely disingenuous outlook just to suck up to management for one's own personal gain is another. I never thought telling the fans they should be ashamed of themselves or that individual's lives sucked because they disagreed was a positive outlook personally. Sprinkle in the abuse of his position and I understand why people feel the way they do.  You reap what you sow. 
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 07:13 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Having a positive outlook is one thing, but having a completely disingenuous outlook just to suck up to management for one's own personal gain is another. I never thought telling the fans they should be ashamed of themselves or that individual's lives sucked because they disagreed was a positive outlook personally. Sprinkle in the abuse of his position and I understand why people feel the way they do.  You reap what you sow. 

I guess I didn't realize it was that bad.  I tended to skim over arguments that didn't interest me and spend a lot of time on the arguments that did. Lol.  I never really knew exactly what went down with Joe from Flo either.  When I joined in 2005 he was THE MAN, and then suddenly he was not a mod, and then he was gone.  I realize he was over negative while Denny was over positive, but I never knew why he got banned. Regardless of what happened there, this place is a fresh start for everyone.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 07:20 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I guess I didn't realize it was that bad.  I tended to skim over arguments that didn't interest me and spend a lot of time on the arguments that did.  Lol.  I never really knew exactly what went down with Joe from Flo either.  When I joined in 2005 he was THE MAN, and then suddenly he was not a mod, and then he was gone.  I realize he was over negative while Denny was over positive, but I never knew why he got banned.  Regardless of what happened there, this place is a fresh start for everyone.

Do you remember Headless Horseman?  Ever wonder what happened to him?
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 07:31 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Do you remember Headless Horseman?  Ever wonder what happened to him?

I can't recall him right now.  What happened to him?
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: **** 'em, until the last day, I hadn't posted there in weeks.  Won't be financially supporting them either.  I may wind up with free tickets from our flyash supplier.....if not, I won't be attending any games either.  If not for the kids and the kind sales rep, I probably wouldn't even accept them.

So, let me get this straight. Confused  
You say you are a Bengals fan, yet you refuse to support them financialy, (I guess you will record the games and watch them later so you won't see any ads) and will not even accept free tickets to go see a game,,, would you care to tell me why you're even here?
 I mean, wouldn't it be better if you chose a team that you liked enough to actually support?

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 09:01 AM)Chris Wrote: So, let me get this straight. Confused  
You say you are a Bengals fan, yet you refuse to support them financialy, (I guess you will record the games and watch them later so you won't see any ads) and will not even accept free tickets to go see a game,,, would you care to tell me why you're even here?
 I mean, wouldn't it be better if you chose a team that you liked enough to actually support?

Can't you be a fan of the TEAM, but not support the management financially?  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 09:05 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Can't you be a fan of the TEAM, but not support the management financially?  

Please tell me how long the TEAM would last if no "fans" supported the management financially?

Reply/Quote