Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone that is sad
(06-02-2015, 02:44 PM)Chris Wrote: Did you just call me a chocksuccer? 

I disagree with your premise that they don't give a shit about thier fans. In fact, that's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Yes, I win because the Bengals are indeed sunshine and rainbows to me but I wouldn't call it delusional, I call it enjoying my entertainment.
 I get it now though, you want all the advantages, but are unwilling or too broke to put out any money for it.

You are delusional. It's definitely possible to be excited about the Bengals but also remain realistic about them. You're just 100% Denny-mode 100% of the time. You spin EVERYTHING positively, and that's obnoxious. It's pointless to have a serious football conversation with somebody that's unwilling to look at things for how they are without putting a spin on it. You can be as happy as you want and I'm glad you're happy, but it makes for a shitty conversation online when we're trying to seriously discuss the team.

What do you even mean "you want all the advantages"?? I don't even know what you're talking about there so please elaborate.

I'm not broke, I just spend my money on other things and I'd rather put hundreds and thousands of dollars per year into savings for my future and my children rather than loading up on season tickets, black and orange face and body paint, and obnoxious lawn ornaments to show my support for a team that hasn't done shit for me since I was born. Also, I live in western Pennsylvania, so while I actually wouldn't mind going to PBS occasionally, it's not worth the trip until I feel like the team is actually trying to win football games. That doesn't mean giving the same mediocre coach extension after extension when he clearly doesn't deserve it. It also doesn't mean giving the same garbage players extension after extension to keep them around, yeah, that's really giving a shit about the fans. Rolleyes

As I said, they know there are enough goofballs like you out there willing to give them all your money no matter how much they don't try to get to the next level. Have fun explaining to your kids why they have to pay their own way to go to community college because daddy was too busy in a circlejerk with his douche bag friends every Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium year after year after year watching his favorite team not make it past the wild card round of the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Does this have to be a personal bitchfest thread?
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:21 PM)Beaker Wrote: Does this have to be a personal bitchfest thread?

Ask the guy that started bringing personal shit into it.

My apologies but I'm not going to sit back and just have some dork attacking fellow fans including myself and then bringing stuff about our personal lives into it without saying anything back.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:24 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Ask the guy that started bringing personal shit into it.

My apologies but I'm not going to sit back and just have some dork attacking fellow fans including myself and then bringing stuff about our personal lives into it without saying anything back.

Says the guy that constantly attacks fellow fans. 
What a joke.  
This guy is a joke. 
Do not take him seriously.
He isn't real. 
He's putting on an act.
 I would bet that he has multiple alts. 

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:46 PM)Chris Wrote: Says the guy that constantly attacks fellow fans. 
What a joke.  
This guy is a joke. 
He isn't real. 
He's putting on an act.

If someone bugs you, just put them on your ignore list. Be the kind of member you want to see here, then see where that takes you.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:46 PM)Chris Wrote: Says the guy that constantly attacks fellow fans. 
What a joke.  
This guy is a joke. 
He isn't real. 
He's putting on an act.

Says the guy with a total of zero football related posts on here.

All you've done on these new boards has been bash fans for one thing or another.

Go ahead and show me where I've "attacked" somebody in jungle noise without being provoked first. I only berate fools like you after you attack me or another poster. No need to blatantly lie, but that's what people like you have to do because the truth would kill your agenda.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:52 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: If someone bugs you, just put them on your ignore list. Be the kind of member you want to see here, then see where that takes you.

Great advice Wildcats. Remember guys, the ignore option is there for a reason.
Reply/Quote
I didn't read thru this whole mess. But some of you need to just chill out or find something else to bring joy to you're life. If you're that fed up with the Bengals and the way the team is run why even follow them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:57 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Says the guy with a total of zero football related posts on here.

All you've done on these new boards has been bash fans for one thing or another.

Go ahead and show me where I've "attacked" somebody in jungle noise without being provoked first. I only berate fools like you after you attack me or another poster. No need to blatantly lie, but that's what people like you have to do because the truth would kill your agenda.

You have all the right in the world to not fiscally support the organization. 

The moves they make.  The futility in playoff success for long lengths of time.

It's your money/time/commitment invested.

That guy is self righteous for supporting them to no end.  He's in it strictly for the entertainment value. 

It's his money/time/commitment invested.

Really both ends of the spectrum.

Yet on the spectrum none the less.

It's just a dick move on his part for claiming your level is not "fan" worthy.  Then saying "you're probably broke" to top it off!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Popcorn

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 06:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You have all the right in the world to not fiscally support the organization. 

The moves they make.  The futility in playoff success for long lengths of time.

It's your money/time/commitment invested.

That guy is self righteous for supporting them to no end.  He's in it strictly for the entertainment value. 

It's his money/time/commitment invested.

Really both ends of the spectrum.

Yet on the spectrum none the less.

It's just a dick move on his part for claiming your level is not "fan" worthy.  Then saying "you're probably broke" to top it off!

.....and to think, it all started because I said I wasn't gonna drop any coin on them after they shit on us ALL.  Sorry folks for voicing my displeasure.  Thanks to dj for having my back initially thanks to others who spoke on my behalf, I said my piece on it. It is what it is...

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 09:01 AM)Chris Wrote: So, let me get this straight. Confused  
You say you are a Bengals fan, yet you refuse to support them financialy, (I guess you will record the games and watch them later so you won't see any ads) and will not even accept free tickets to go see a game,,, would you care to tell me why you're even here?
 I mean, wouldn't it be better if you chose a team that you liked enough to actually support?

I've been a bengals fan since '78. My wife could attest to my obsession over the years. This year i'm not really jacked up like i usually am as TC approaches. 

I won't be attending any games this year and i can't see myself buying anything with the bengals logo on it. 

38 years is a long time to be attached to something. Those 38 years have also given me plenty of reference to draw from. Starting year 4 with the same cast (Owner, Coach, Coaches, QB) that has failed to get beyond the 1st round of the playoffs has me less than enthused. 

I have no issues whatsoever with being here and calling myself a bengals fan while not supporting them financially until something changes. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 03:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: Popcorn

Is that buttered? I like extry butter.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 09:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Is that buttered? I like extry butter.

And layered. Gotta make sure they layer the butter.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 06:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....and to think, it all started because I said I wasn't gonna drop any coin on them after they shit on us ALL.  Sorry folks for voicing my displeasure.  Thanks to dj for having my back initially thanks to others who spoke on my behalf, I said my piece on it.  It is what it is...

I said the same thing somewhere. Can't remember if it was here or on the...what was that other site we used to post on?... Wink

I don't care how anyone feels about it. I got my skins on the wall. I can do as i damn well please.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 09:59 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: And layered.  Gotta make sure they layer the butter.

Dude! My family rolls their eyes in unison when we go to the show and i get popcorn!

"Excuse me. Could you fill that about half way up, butter it real good, then top it off and butter it real good again?"

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 10:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dude! My family rolls their eyes in unison when we go to the show and i get popcorn!

"Excuse me. Could you fill that about half way up, butter it real good, then top it off and butter it real good again?"

Really? I ask for "layered" and they usually seem to know what I mean. I thought it was a more common practice.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 09:01 AM)Chris Wrote: So, let me get this straight. Confused  
You say you are a Bengals fan, yet you refuse to support them financialy, (I guess you will record the games and watch them later so you won't see any ads) and will not even accept free tickets to go see a game,,, would you care to tell me why you're even here?
 I mean, wouldn't it be better if you chose a team that you liked enough to actually support?

Are you still confused?  Or would you like to further YOUR definition of what a true "fan" is?  Everyone is different, and just because they don't live up to YOUR standards of what a fan is, matters not.  There are many ways to be a fan....Chris.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 06:04 PM)Beaker Wrote:  
I thought BBC stood for

Big Black [Image: rooster.jpg]

(05-31-2015, 09:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: 49157-george-takei-oh-my-gif-e64l.gif]

Tiger Big Black Chicken???
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 10:01 PM)Rfaulk34 Wrote: I said the same thing somewhere. Can't remember if it was here or on the...what was that other site we used to post on?... Wink

I don't care how anyone feels about it. I got my skins on the wall. I can do as i damn well please.

What other site? Tongue

Couldn't agree more.  I'm spending my football money going to dirt races with my brother, taking my handicapped pops to a couple Reds games, a couple concert festivals, and my wife and kids to the Southern 500 at Darlington, and on to the beach from there.  The decision to extend Mediocre Marv had me leaning that way, kicking us to the curb cemented that notion........

Reply/Quote