Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Bengals getting arrested still considered smack?
(01-11-2017, 12:12 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Meh...you get used to it.  When I first moved here I couldn't play tennis for more that 30 minutes at a stretch in the summer.  I now regularly play for 3 hours in 99 Degree temps with 90% humidity and not a cloud in the sky.

I am, however, a giant wuss now when it comes to cold weather.

P.S. I am in the Charleston area.  We avoid the areas you posted like the plague. 

Yeah, I knew where you were, I don't like much of Myrtle Beach, except for North and the Garden City/Murrell's Inlet area.  I like Hilton Head quite a bit, especially with its proximity to Savannah.  Darlington is a depressed area for sure, but I am a gearhead, and dig going to the Southern 500.  That's pretty much the only race I watch or attend.....save for dirt racing here and there.  I really like Rally Cross, but there's nowhere close to go check it out.

I can remember one year at the race, it was like 2003 I think, you could drink a case of beer and not piss once.  Damn the sweat was rolling though!  Eight AM, and you were in basketball shorts, in the shade, and sweatin' like a hostage.  Sure was glad when we upgraded to RVs as we got older!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 05:40 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yeah, I knew where you were, I don't like much of Myrtle Beach, except for North and the Garden City/Murrell's Inlet area.  I like Hilton Head quite a bit, especially with its proximity to Savannah.  Darlington is a depressed area for sure, but I am a gearhead, and dig going to the Southern 500.  That's pretty much the only race I watch or attend.....save for dirt racing here and there.  I really like Rally Cross, but there's nowhere close to go check it out.

I can remember one year at the race, it was like 2003 I think, you could drink a case of beer and not piss once.  Damn the sweat was rolling though!  Eight AM, and you were in basketball shorts, in the shade, and sweatin' like a hostage.  Sure was glad when we upgraded to RVs as we got older!
I used to go to bike week in Myrtle, every year.
I had a buddy that lived there, so I visited a few times a year.
It got boring, quick.
Reply/Quote
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/01/23/video-adam-jones-tells-cop-hope-you-die/96969964/

Quote:Police have released the Bengals' Adam Jones expletive-filled statements to a police sergeant the night he was arrested after an incident at the Millennium Hotel.

In a 20-minute video that shows Jones in the back seat of a Cincinnati police vehicle, Jones repeatedly shouts expletives at Sgt. Jarrod Cotton, who is African-American.

At one point, Jones says: "You a b---- a-- n----r. I hope you die tomorrow."

Jones also repeatedly tells Cotton, "Suck my d---."

Jones, 33, was arrested the early morning of Jan. 3 after being accused of disorderly conduct and assaulting a security employee at the Downtown Millennium Hotel.

Late Monday, Jones' attorneys, Alex Triantafilou and Timothy Schneider, issued the following statement:

"Adam Jones is deeply embarrassed and remorseful for his conduct and language after being arrested in early January. Mr. Jones has the utmost respect for law-enforcement and the difficulties police encounter on a daily basis. As it relates to the allegations, and upon advice of counsel, Mr. Jones will not be commenting upon legal proceedings at this time. Mr. Jones is committed to the process of counseling and anger management, in order to ensure that such situations never occur in the future. Adam loves Cincinnati and considers it home. He sincerely apologize to the officers, the Cincinnati Bengals organization and all the fans in Cincinnati."

The Bengals also issued a statement:

"We are extremely disappointed with Adam’s behavior. The behavior in the video is not what we expect from our players. The Club is aware that Adam has put forth his own apology, however, we also offer an apology to the public and to our loyal fans."

[url=http://www.cincinnati.com/story/opinion/editorials/2017/01/05/time-bengals-send-pacman-packing/96150714/][/url]
Officials said Jones was pounding on hotel room doors. Hotel security came to investigate, and officials say Jones pushed and poked a hotel security employee in the eye.

Cincinnati police were then called.

While being arrested, court documents say Jones was “head-butting” and “kicking” at officers, trying to avoid being placed in a police vehicle. He was then taken to the county jail.

In the video, Cotton tells Jones, "You didn't want to cooperate... That's how we ended up where we are, now."

Jones seems to indicate that a video will clear him of the charges.

"It's all on camera," Jones says at one point.

In one exchange, Jones says: "You don't like me, do you?"

"I don't even know you," Cotton responds.

"F--- you, b----," Jones says.

Jones also can be seen at least twice kicking the police vehicle's door, saying "let's go."

Moments before being removed from the vehicle, Jones tells Cotton that he'd "spit on your a--, if I could."

At the jail, officials said Jones was combative and had to be placed in "a restraint chair." Court documents say when a female nurse, following normal protocol, tried to examine Jones, he spit on her.

Among the multiple charges Jones faces is a felony charge of harassment with a bodily substance. Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters has said the case against Jones is on hold until he finds out what kind of discipline, if any, the NFL imposes. Jones also faces misdemeanor charges of assault, disorderly conduct and obstructing police.

[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 01:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/01/23/video-adam-jones-tells-cop-hope-you-die/96969964/

Pretty obvious how bad he needs to go. And what a weak and embarrassing statement issued by the bengals organization.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 01:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/01/23/video-adam-jones-tells-cop-hope-you-die/96969964/

Such a punk ass POS. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Not sure it's really smack when pretty much the entire fanbase actually wants the guy gone. What worries me is that if the league doesn't make it an easy choice by suspending him for a year or so for the 100th violation, then Mediocre Marv and Mikey boy have to make the right move on their own, and I don't trust them to do that.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 02:36 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Pretty obvious how bad he needs to go. And what a weak and embarrassing statement issued by the bengals organization.

Did you expect anything less from Son of Paul?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 11:21 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not sure it's really smack when pretty much the entire fanbase actually wants the guy gone. What worries me is that if the league doesn't make it an easy choice by suspending him for a year or so for the 100th violation, then Mediocre Marv and Mikey boy have to make the right move on their own, and I don't trust them to do that.

Pacman is an idiot and Bengals fans want him gone.
Porter is an idiot and Steelers fans blindly defend.

But that's none of my business. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 12:47 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Pacman is an idiot and Bengals fans want him gone.
Porter is an idiot and Steelers fans blindly defend.

But that's none of my business. 

But Porter was just playing hard nose football.... 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Pacman is a typical Bungal player, a punk who chokes in the big games.
Reply/Quote