Browns
3.33%
2 3.33%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Browns Better Than Bengals?
Who will have the better record this year? I was watching ESPN the other day and they think the Browns have a better chance to make the playoffs this year and a better overall team. I totally disagree and think the Bengals will win more games. The Browns have shored up some components, but the Bengals still have a unit that plays winning football. It is all about the W and I don't see the Browns winning more than 5 games. I just hope we continue to win the Battle of Ohio.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Not yet but they’re trending up faster then we are but we’ve seen this before until they put Ws on the field I’m going with my bengals then again even if the browns were superior I’d be biased towards my bengals who dey
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I agree with the above post. They have talent and have made some good moves but until they put up some wins it doesn’t matter because theyer the Browns.
Reply/Quote
They are better, but not better the us. I know in the past, 2 of our major weaknesses has been poor FO and coaching. Theirs is much worse. We have seemingly turned a corner in one, if not both of those weaknesses. They have not. A look at their draft this year is a good identifier.

Reply/Quote
Funny how the bengals go 7-9 and the media acts like they were 0-16 lmao. 7-9 was disappointing but no reason to act like the browns are suddenly better than the bengals. Just ignore this crap until the season starts
Reply/Quote
On paper, the Browns certainly appear to be a much improved team. Every year, it seems, we see teams that make a ton of roster moves, get a lot of attention from the media, and turn out to be just another "collection of individuals". Sure, they may very well be a much improved team, but I'm betting that it will take some time to get them to all come together as a team. Yes, Jacksonville pulled it off last season, and now they are the latest fad, in terms of the "model" to go by in roster turnover. In my mind, the Jags success last year is more the anomaly than the norm, in terms of success rate from huge roster turnover.

Of course I am biased, but I think the Bengals have done a good job of improving roster stock this offseason, and addressing key areas for improvement. I see the Bengals as competing for the Division title, and the Browns looking win 5 or 6 games.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Last year they were supposed to be much improved with the additions of Zietler, the center from Green Bay along with Kenny Britt and a draft class full of potential....they went 0-16.
Reply/Quote
No !

The Browns will likely but a few W's on the board this season but not many.
Reply/Quote
Hell no. They have one of the few HC's in the league over whom I prefer Marv. Wait and see what a circus their QB situation will be.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Other than their division games (probably 6 L’s) they have the Saints (L), Jets (?), Raiders (?), Chargers (?), Bucs (?), Chiefs (L), Falcons (L), Texans (L), Panthers (L), and Broncos (L).

I don’t see them winning more than 3 or 4 games. Unless something catastrophic happens for us (Dalton or Green injuries) we should win at least twice that.

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 01:27 PM)McC Wrote: Hell no. They have one of the few HC's in the league over whom I prefer Marv. Wait and see what a circus their QB situation will be.

Taylor is solid, why would their QB situation be a problem?

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 01:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Taylor is solid, why would their QB situation be a problem?

Because of the guy they made the number one pick in the draft and the red hot seat under Hue's ass and because Hue is an ass with no business being a HC and they will lose and then see what happens.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 01:37 PM)McC Wrote: Because of the guy they made the number one pick in the draft and the red hot seat under Hue's ass and because Hue is an ass with no business being a HC and they will lose and then see what happens.

Really doubt Mayfield starts at all this season.

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 01:37 PM)McC Wrote: Because of the guy they made the number one pick in the draft and the red hot seat under Hue's ass and because Hue is an ass with no business being a HC and they will lose and then see what happens.

You and I share the same opinion on Hue. We are rare though.

Reply/Quote
If the players, coaches, and management could ever get on the same page, they might put up some wins. Until that happens, Browns still gon' brown.
Reply/Quote
the Bengals are better....but the Bengals will have to play better than last years body of work to.beat the Browns this year.
the Browns have 2 legit chain movers in Gordon and Landry.
combine that with Taylor not creating turnovers ...you cant just let Taylor set up and hit those with crossing routes alll day.
i think the Browns are better than the Ravens.top.to bottom
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 11:56 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: On paper, the Browns certainly appear to be a much improved team.  Every year, it seems, we see teams that make a ton of roster moves, get a lot of attention from the media, and turn out to be just another "collection of individuals".  Sure, they may very well be a much improved team, but I'm betting that it will take some time to get them to all come together as a team.  Yes, Jacksonville pulled it off last season, and now they are the latest fad, in terms of the "model" to go by in roster turnover.  In my mind, the Jags success last year is more the anomaly than the norm, in terms of success rate from huge roster turnover.

Of course I am biased, but I think the Bengals have done a good job of improving roster stock this offseason, and addressing key areas for improvement.  I see the Bengals as competing for the Division title, and the Browns looking win 5 or 6 games.

the Browns are much improved....
but after looking at their schedule I see no more than 3 to 5 wins for them.......
while I see the Bengals going 12-4 winning the AFC North & the S.B...
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 04:05 PM)Steve Wrote: the Browns are much improved....
but after looking at their schedule I see no more than 3 to 5 wins for them.......
while I see the Bengals going 12-4 winning the AFC North & the S.B...

It's a bit early for bold predictions like that, but I do love that sort of optimism and enthusiasm.

This year does seem to have a 1981 feel to it, with the roster and coaching turnover and all.  While Cordy Glenn has a ton of proving to do, before I can have confidence in him like an Anthony Munoz, Andrew Whitworth, or even Levi Jones, he at least represents some stability returning to the position.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Is this even a question? The Bengals have been better than them pretty much since 2003
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 04:41 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Is this even a question? The Bengals have been better than them pretty much since 2003

* The Bengals have been better than a lot of teams, since 2003.

* (except in playoff games coached by Marvin Lewis)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote