Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Browns now a threat for us to contend with?
Heard on the radio that they traded a 3rd rounder for Tyrod Taylor, and also made a trade for Jarvis Landry.

If they draft Barkley and Chubb? Whew boy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
They still have a below average QB, a glorified Sanu ,a crack addict at the other Wr, and oh their Still the browns.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 08:44 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: They still have a below average QB, a glorified Sanu ,a crack addict at the other Wr, and oh their Still the browns.

Tyrod is already the best QB they've had since Kosar, and he did lead a team to the playoffs last year. Josh Gordon seems to be over his drinking problems and is a beast. Landry is way better than Sanu. Then they could have 2 of the best players in the draft.

I think an offense with Tyrod, Barkley, Gordon and Landry sounds pretty potent on paper.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Not worried. The Browns did well to attain Jarvis Landry, but Taylor and Randle are sort of head scratchers in my mind.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yes, they are a threat to pass us by as they make moves, while we cling to the status quo.
Reply/Quote
once they jell......
especially on offense,
they will be hard to beat....

I bet they win at least 9 games in 2018....
finish the season in 2nd place in the AFC north...
Reply/Quote
They could be a threat, just as any other NFL team could be. It all depends on the moves they make(are making) in free agency and who they draft and will they produce. Five years from now, who is going to be in the Superbowl, I don't know? Could be the Browns for all I know. Sounds laughable, but with parity in the league, you never know.
Reply/Quote
Kizer was shipped to the Packers for Randall.

Perhaps McCarron will be back in Cincy after all.
Reply/Quote
Yes especially if they draft Barkley
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 08:56 PM)HuDey Wrote: Yes, they are a threat to pass us by as they make moves, while we cling to the status quo.

(03-09-2018, 09:00 PM)Steve Wrote: once they jell......
especially on offense,
they will be hard to beat....

I bet they win at least 9 games in 2018....
finish the season in 2nd place in the AFC north...

You guys are giving the Browns too much credit.  Don't forget, they were quick to snatch up Ken Zampeze...  I'm sure that he will work well with Tyrod Taylor..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
No doubt that this improves the team, but Taylor is not a franchise level QB as witnessed by Buffalo shipping him away, but he is an upgrade.

Laundry is definitely a nice addition.

Where's another "who will win a playoff game first?" thread when you need one?

Personally I believe the Browns will still draft a QB in the top 5 picks and have Taylor on hand to start for in 2018.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:07 PM)BengalChris Wrote: No doubt that this improves the team, but Taylor is not a franchise level QB as witnessed by Buffalo shipping him away, but he is an upgrade.

Laundry is definitely a nice addition.

Where's another "who will win a playoff game first?" thread when you need one?

Personally I believe the Browns will still draft a QB in the top 5 picks and have Taylor on hand to start for in 2018.

I think that is exactly why they traded for him.

They were going to struggle to sign a free agent and immediately draft his replacement.

But a trade for a guy whose contract will be voided at the end of the year does not have that problem.

It also makes me think Mayfield will be the target, as they will have him behind another mobile QB.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You guys are giving the Browns too much credit.  Don't forget, they were quick to snatch up Ken Zampeze...  I'm sure that he will work well with Tyrod Taylor..

Not so much giving them credit, as noticing their talent level trending up, while ours trends down.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:15 PM)HuDey Wrote: Not so much giving them credit, as noticing their talent level trending up, while ours trends down.

C'mon man, they gained one good player, and two questionable acquisitions.  Taylor isn't franchise QB material, and Randle was obviously regurgitated by the Packers for the first team that was willing to take him.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 08:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tyrod is already the best QB they've had since Kosar, and he did lead a team to the playoffs last year. Josh Gordon seems to be over his drinking problems and is a beast. Landry is way better than Sanu. Then they could have 2 of the best players in the draft.

I think an offense with Tyrod, Barkley, Gordon and Landry sounds pretty potent on paper.

1.) Not saying much and Jeff Garcia says high.
2.) that's been said before
3.) Landary is better than Sanu but he isn't 16 million worth or a franchise WR.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I do know one thing Bills now have the ammo to jump way ahead of the Bengals to get a QB. So we should see less mocks trading back with the Bills lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 08:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tyrod is already the best QB they've had since Kosar, and he did lead a team to the playoffs last year. Josh Gordon seems to be over his drinking problems and is a beast. Landry is way better than Sanu. Then they could have 2 of the best players in the draft.

I remember another team that took an awesome RB coming out of Penn St.  Hmm, if only I could remember which team, and what Carter's name was, and how that all turned out..   Hmm

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: C'mon man, they gained one good player, and two questionable acquisitions.  Taylor isn't franchise QB material, and Randle was obviously regurgitated by the Packers for the first team that was willing to take him.

They also have 5 picks in the first two rounds of the upcoming draft, including 2 of the top 4 overall. Thier o-line is already better than ours, and thier defense isn’t as far behind ours as you might like to believe.

The days of writing them off because “they’re the Browns” are quickly coming to an end.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 08:56 PM)HuDey Wrote: Yes, they are a threat to pass us by as they make moves, while we cling to the status quo.

and how many moves have they made over the last 8 years.. ????

in the end they still have to get it done on the field.. we have done that in the last 8 years.. Browns have not.. at some point you would think with probably the most picks and moves than any time over the last decade or more they would figure it out.. but has not happen just yet
Reply/Quote
They won't go 0-16, but not moves I would have made. Don't really care for either player. We handle Taylor pretty well. If they get Barkley that'll give us problems tho. That's for sure.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote