Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Browns now a threat for us to contend with?
(03-10-2018, 01:20 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tyrod Taylor over the last 2 years: 15-14 with a playoff appearance
Bengals over the last 2 years: 13-18-1 

Not sure we should be laughing at Tyrod Taylor.

He is a check down Charlie who holds the ball too long. He is Flacco but holds the ball longer.
Reply/Quote
I predict 8-8 for them next year barely missing the playoffs,their drafted qb will play by season end.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:06 PM)Trademark Wrote: Yes especially if they draft Barkley

Don't worry. He'll suffer a career-ending knee injury in their first pre-season game. They ARE the Browns. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like Taylor as a person and as a backup-level qb in the nfl, but he is not an accurate passer.  He's had major problems with hitting open receivers and/or anticipating when they'll be open.  Until they fix their QB situation, they will not be as good of a team as the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
is draft Barkley and Josh Allen . I don't think tyrods the answer
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 08:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Heard on the radio that they traded a 3rd rounder for Tyrod Taylor, and also made a trade for Jarvis Landry.

If they draft Barkley and Chubb? Whew boy.

Whew boy. They lost every game in 2017.  Whew boy. Stinky. Smells Brown, Flush It Down. Stinky.  Lost every game in 2017.  Every year the Browns STINK.  Every off season we hear Browns are going to go from STINK to SUPER BOWL.  The truth is Browns have a long way to go just to go from 0-16 to 7-9 record Bengals put up.  If you don't like 7-9, try 0-16 STINK.  Remember you don't live in Cleveland, and also be thankful.  0-16 Stink, Whew boy, Whew boy. Flush it down. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:26 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 1.) Not saying much and Jeff Garcia says high.
2.) that's been said before
3.) Landary is better than Sanu but he isn't 16 million worth or a franchise WR.

I’d take Landry at WR2 any day over LaFell. Dude has averaged 100 receptions, 1000 yards, and 5 TDS a year in his career. Two of those years were in Bill Lazor’s offense, so he’d fit right in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 12:32 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: What would you rather have:

Barkley and Mayfield

Rosen/Darnold and Nick Chubb

Who would you rather see the Steelers lose, Bell or Ben?  The best rb in the league over the past 2 years cantveven get a long term deal.  Take the QB.

Also if they take a QB at 1 then the Giants take Barkley and the Colts take Chubb and every team that needs a QB might start vying for the Browns pick at 4. Allowing other teams to dictate the QB you get so you can draft a Rb is unwise.
Reply/Quote
Bengals do nothing management is going to get caught up one way or another. Browns, bad and they know it. Bengals, mediocre and they don't know it/don't care. 4th place Bengals here we come!

Browns are really bad at closing out games, almost like they're trying to lose, whereas the Bengals have looked worse than the Browns on many occasions last year. Record aside, our team is/was trash.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Nope.

Even if the pieces appear to come together... it will fall apart.

They have TERRIBLE luck.

When was the last time since coming back they actually looked decent?

So many draft picks, free agent signings, coaching changes, front office moves.

When they hired Holmgren(world beaters). Drafted can't miss picks Richardson(uh oh). Sashi Brown(moneyball they is sooooo smart) Draft picks galore(hoarders envy). Hue Jackson(they have our blue prints... oh noooo!)

Sorry not buying it. They've had some decent defenses and gave us the ol' Battle of Ohio matches in the Palmer years... and that's it.

I'll believe it when I see it with that mess of a franchise.

They've try so hard to get so far "but in the end it doesn't even matter".
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 11:35 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Of course it's pointing up they have know where else to go. Also a back up QB and a slot Wr really going to put them over the edge? If they brought in a real QB then ok but Taylor lol.
 Also we have a beast Secondary, a beast Defensive line,  an all pro LB, A really great Wr, a good QB, and a good coach and GM combo in Lewis and Tolbin. Also two good RBs. All we need is a LB and a couple of decent offensive lineman and where in the thick of things. 
If the Bengals actually address their needs this off-season then they will be golden.

Beast D line? Atkins and Dunlap are very good. The rest are average to below average.

The other LB’s are below average.

The safeties are below average

Taylor isn’t great, but he’s serviceable. He’s been a starter for several years. The backup QB claim is both wrong and dismissive. The gap between Taylor and Dalton isn’t as wide as the gap between Dalton and Rodgers.

And really, you need to put Mike Brown: Katie in at GM. The guys you mentioned don’t handle contracts, they’re more talent evaluators.

Bottom line is the Browns are positioned better than the Bengals. They have a younger, cheaper roster, way more cap space, a better GM, and way more Draft Picks. They’re going to add Barkley + QB with the first four picks.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 08:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Who would you rather see the Steelers lose, Bell or Ben?  The best rb in the league over the past 2 years cantveven get a long term deal.  Take the QB.

Also if they take a QB at 1 then the Giants take Barkley and the Colts take Chubb and every team that needs a QB might start vying for the Browns pick at 4. Allowing other teams to dictate the QB you get so you can draft a Rb is unwise.

Missing the point. Barkley is the best RB prospect in the last 15-20 years. The gap between Darnold/ Rosen to Mayfield/Allen/Jackson is not that wide. Also, Big Ben is a future HoF’er. Obviously you take the HoF QB. We don’t know if the rookie QB’s will be HoF’ers.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 08:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Heard on the radio that they traded a 3rd rounder for Tyrod Taylor, and also made a trade for Jarvis Landry.

If they draft Barkley and Chubb? Whew boy.

Well we seem to be pretty damn content with getting worse, and they seem to be trying everything to improve. Eventually they're going to overcome us in the division.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 09:48 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Missing the point.  Barkley is the best RB prospect in the last 15-20 years.  The gap between Darnold/ Rosen to Mayfield/Allen/Jackson is not that wide.  Also, Big Ben is a future HoF’er.  Obviously you take the HoF QB.  We don’t know if the rookie QB’s will be HoF’ers.

I've heard both sides of the argument and it sounds logical both ways.  Still, I can see letting other teams dictate what QB you get as being a bad move for a franchise that's started 30 of them in 20 years or so. 
Reply/Quote
good for the browns. tbh i would much rather the browns win the division than shittsburg anyday. I also like Hugh and hope he does well. i think they 100% draft barkley at this point because a solid run game will only help make tyrod better.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 01:20 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tyrod Taylor over the last 2 years: 15-14 with a playoff appearance
Bengals over the last 2 years: 13-18-1 

Not sure we should be laughing at Tyrod Taylor.

Correction--Shady McCoy the last two years: 15-14 with a playoff appearance.  Tyrod Taylor: hot garbage along for the ride, benched for the worst QB anybody ever saw.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Every couple years, the browns are one of the highest potential teams... on paper. Then they shuffle out and get another top 10 pick, fire coaches and start the two year process over again.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: and how many moves have they made over the last 8 years.. ????

in the end they still have to get it done on the field.. we have done that in the last 8 years.. Browns have not.. at some point you would think with probably the most picks and moves than any time over the last decade or more they would figure it out.. but has not happen just yet

Eventually they are going to be due for a good team. They keep trying to get better, its bound to happen. Meanwhile we havent done anything that hasnt been par for the course.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
You say threat to us like we’re good or something
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 12:05 PM)Housh Wrote: You say threat to us like we’re good or something

Yeah, considering our last two bad-to-middling seasons, I'd say just about every team in the league is a threat to us.  The Bengals are absolutely not a team that can afford to not take a team seriously.
Reply/Quote