Poll: Are we making the playoffs this year?
This poll is closed.
Yes
54.12%
46 54.12%
No
45.88%
39 45.88%
Total 85 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we making the playoffs this year?
As I said before, 10-6 with a wild card spot.

Reply/Quote
Look even if the call on Boyd was reversed. It was still a tall task to score, and get the 2 pt conversion. Sure it's possible but it's not like they out played Pitt all game and Pitt pulled out a win. They just are not playing well and the window is quickly closing on this team so they need to fix things quickly.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:17 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Look even if the call on Boyd was reversed. It was still a tall task to score, and get the 2 pt conversion. Sure it's possible but it's not like they out played Pitt all game and Pitt pulled out a win. They just are not playing well and the window is quickly closing on this team so they need to fix things quickly.

What about the 12 missed holding calls? Or the Uzo TD they got wrong? That was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Look you cant blame a loss on the ref's, there are missed calls every game. Sure bad calls hurt them but a good team has to overcome those things. Is it the ref's fault that Lewis didn't throw the red flag out on Uzo's TD catch.
Reply/Quote
Yes, and I'm pretty confident in that. The bengals haven't played well to this point but I would be shocked if the level of play didn't improve as the season progresses. Don't know how anyone who has watched this team over the past 5 years wouldn't believe they are better than what they've shown. They will get it fixed.

Now will we win a playoff game? That's a whole different and legitimate question and I'm not going to answer that so don't ask lol
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:26 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Look you cant blame a loss on the ref's, there are missed calls every game. Sure bad calls hurt them but a good team has to overcome those things. Is it the ref's fault that Lewis didn't throw the red flag out on Uzo's TD catch.

A few missed calls is one thing, a dozen or more is quite another. 

For example, I thought there was a couple bad calls against us vs Denver, but not enough to keep harping on it. The Pitt game was a farce, and those officials should be ashamed of themselves. 

Reply/Quote
I am torn on this subject. This team seems out of sorts so far this year. It's difficult to point and say "that's the problem" because there is not much they seem to be doing really well. Some point to Burfict and Eifert being out, but I don't think that is the full problem. Really good, really well coached teams find a way to get past that.

Right now I will go with my heart and say "yes". Lose to Miami on Thursday and I would vote a definite "no".
Reply/Quote
Until this team can consistently open up holes in the running game and keep Andy upright I say no. How have the Bengals made this post Palmer turnaround? By getting pressure, running the ball and protecting Andy. We've only been able to do one of those things and it's not been consistent. The corners have to play better than they did last week. I feel better when Shaw is playing as opposed to Dennard. I'm hoping that Burfict can come back play well and not get any personal fouls. He should definitely help out in the run game. I hope Eifert can bring a spark to the offense but the line has to play better. My opinion could change but right now today I say no.
Reply/Quote
Yes, but the expectation was #1 or #2 seed in the AFC.

So... yes we make the playoffs but yes it is still short of the expectations/goals for this team.
Reply/Quote
Okay it's time for Negative Nancy to roll in here with some franchise history. Yes, I know there is a first time for everything, but until this franchise can win a 'road playoff game' (they've won 5 total playoff games, all home games) it doesn't matter if they make the playoffs, unless they win the divsion, but even more so, get at least a 2 seed. Until that happens, it is what it is.
Reply/Quote
I'll let you know in 27 hours. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 02:06 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I am torn on this subject. This team seems out of sorts so far this year. It's difficult to point and say "that's the problem" because there is not much they seem to be doing really well. Some point to Burfict and Eifert being out, but I don't think that is the full problem. Really good, really well coached teams find a way to get past that.

Right now I will go with my heart and say "yes". Lose to Miami on Thursday and I would vote a definite "no".
It's more than just Eifert and Burfict's absence. Eifert will be a big boost in the red zone, and he gives Andy another safety blanket. Burfict will clean up a lot of other guys' mistakes... The problem is that LaFell is the least targeted WR in the league, and Boyd is still learning... Oh yeah, and our O line is shit; while the D line hasn't looked much better. All in all those two guys can't get back quick enough, but you're right; they won't solve everything.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If we don't win Thursday, no way.....I think we'll go 10-6 and squeak in, hopefully not to go 1 and done again !!
Reply/Quote
I'll still stick with 10-6... and a wildcard berth.... again.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I want the Steelers or Ravens to win division and Bengals get the 5 seed AFC south is garbage. Colts might be best of the bunch. they have less talent on offense than we do. their defense is nearly Saints level bad. Just win a playoff game not worried bout anything else Mavin has made me lower expectations.
Reply/Quote
Think we'll go 10-6 and creep into the play-offs for a wildcard match agaist Houston.

There's my prediction!
Reply/Quote
11-5 or 12-4. We don't have that many tough opponents left on the schedule. I think the defense is about to light some teams up now that we have Burfict. The offense will get moving once everyone starts to gel. The Bengals do a 2014 Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 12:59 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I want the Steelers or Ravens to win division and Bengals get the 5 seed AFC south is garbage. Colts might be best of the bunch. they have less talent on offense than we do. their defense is nearly Saints level bad. Just win a playoff game not worried bout anything else Mavin has made me lower expectations.

This franchise has never won a road playoff game in almost 50 years of existence and you are hoping for a Wild Card?
Reply/Quote
Wow, a loss to the Broncos causes this much pessimism?

2-1 and it's "I totally expected this, playoffs here we come!"
1-2 and it's "OMG THE SKY IS FALLING! WE WON'T EVEN HIT .500! SEASON IS OVER!"
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 11:36 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: This franchise has never won a road playoff game in almost 50 years of existence and you are hoping for a Wild Card?

He's been bunglized.
Reply/Quote