Poll: Are we making the playoffs this year?
This poll is closed.
Yes
54.12%
46 54.12%
No
45.88%
39 45.88%
Total 85 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we making the playoffs this year?
I don't see why not. We had more than 2 losses last year. It's not like we've lost to bad teams. We lost to Super Bowl champs and a very hated rival. Also beat a team that went 10-6 last season.

Give it time. It's not like the Bengals were blown out of each game. They've fought hard in each one without two of their best players. They obviously have some issues but they're still a very talented team.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I literally have no idea which way to vote on this. It's harder than tump or Clinton, and that's saying something because that's impossible to get right!

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 07:04 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I'm not feeling Playoffs... I'm going with 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

I sure hope I'm wrong.

that's what I was thinking.

I even said "its going to be a long year" early in the Jets game.

The weird part is, I cant really pin point exactly what is wrong.
Reply/Quote
I'll leave this here for now

[Image: image_zpsmegi2kfv.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
Yup. And we'll win one.

In a couple games we'll have roles lined out, players back and be on the same page. We'll do the opposite of the last couple season and start sluggish, but finish strong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Relax. Getting to the playoffs is not the problem.

Reply/Quote
10-6...miss playoffs on tie-breakers.
Reply/Quote
Too early to tell. Thursday night will be interesting. Normally I'd say they could overcome the primetime and Miami curse, as of late, but now I'm not so sure. A lot to fix, and with the way the teams they are scheduled to play, have been playing .... I can see a wide range of how they could finish.
Reply/Quote
I still think we can scrap a 10-6 and get a wildcard for the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Wow. Everyone's down and out on this team.

it's almost like they lost to the Browns rather than the defending Super Bowl champs with one of the best defenses in recent memory. And it's not like the Steelers were a slouch either.

Relax. The Bengals lost to playoff teams before. Not the end of the world. I understand last year they went 8-0. But the next 4 games went 2-2.

Take a deep breathe and step back from the ledge. Come talk to me if they lose to a vastly inferior team.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 08:16 PM)Gohards Wrote: that's what I was thinking.

I even said "its going to be a long year" early in the Jets game.

The weird part is, I cant really pin point exactly what is wrong.

I thought the same thing after that disaster of a series yesterday early in the 3rd.  We recover a Denver fumble and have it at the Donkey 37.  And, you're thinking we're going to get a TD and go up 21-16.  Then sack, sack, penalty and all of a sudden it's 3rd and 32 or some damn thing and we toss a 5 yard dump off and the crowd booed lustily.  Bad sign right there.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 08:58 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Wow. Everyone's down and out on this team.

it's almost like they lost to the Browns rather than the defending Super Bowl champs with one of the best defenses in recent memory. And it's not like the Steelers were a slouch either.

Relax. The Bengals lost to playoff teams before. Not the end of the world. I understand last year they went 8-0. But the next 4 games went 2-2.

Take a deep breathe and step back from the ledge. Come talk to me if they lose to a vastly inferior team.

A lot more here to correct than before wolf.  Always hoping for the best, but also expecting the worse. Thursday night will tell us a lot. Yes, we have the primetime curse and the previous struggle with the Dolphins, however there won't be the top defense and playoff team excuse that's for sure.

Not a conspiracy theorist but it sure seems like the calls have gone against this team and taken the wind out of the sail as well!!
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 09:00 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: A lot more here to correct than before wolf.  Always hoping for the best, but also expecting the worse.

Eh. I think 2014 there were bigger problems in all honesty.

Plus, if we have all these problems and still came close to beating those two teams, I think there's still things to be hopeful for.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 09:03 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Eh. I think 2014 there were bigger problems in all honesty.

Plus, if we have all these problems and still came close to beating those two teams, I think there's still things to be hopeful for.

Thursday will tell more.  No more great defense and playoff team excuse, however there is the primetime and past 3 straight losses to the Dolphins.
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry I'm not feeling it. I'm afraid our playoff ship has sailed. I don't have any faith in this HC and staff !

Marvin has proven beyond any doubt he can't coach a playoff winning team. And I believe overall the past teams have overcome the bad coaching and won in spite of them in the regular season.

I don't believe we have a chance under Marvin and Co. But we'll go 8-8 and Mikey won't change anything and we'll be back to the same ole same old next season.
Reply/Quote
This team is way too talented to miss the playoffs.

Somehow I doubt they think the sky is falling after a terrible loss in Pitt. We shouldn't either.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 09:46 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Thursday will tell more.  No more great defense and playoff team excuse, however there is the primetime and past 3 straight losses to the Dolphins.

I agree. If they lose to the Dolphins then I think there is good reason to panic. They aren't a good team at all.

Reply/Quote
I think this team is 8-8 at best maybe 7-9. Look I hope they are 14-2, but they look bad right now. They really could be 0-3 right now they got lucky against the Jets. I hate to say it but I think they miss the playoffs. The second question should be does Lewis come back as Head coach if they don't make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 08:58 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Wow. Everyone's down and out on this team.

This....

If we're 1-3 come Friday, then I'll start worrying.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:01 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: I think this team is 8-8 at best maybe 7-9. Look I hope they are 14-2, but they look bad right now. They really could be 0-3 right now they got lucky against the Jets. I hate to say it but I think they miss the playoffs. The second question should be does Lewis come back as Head coach if they don't make the playoffs.

They could also be 2-1 if the officials got the call right with Boyd's knee. We don't know how that game turns out. Or if the Bengals didn't leave Thomas one on one with Lewis-Harris with 4 minutes left to go in the 4th on 3rd down.

It's not like the Bengals have been completely out of these games.

And if Lewis is not the HC next year, I firmly believe they give the job to Guenther.

Reply/Quote