Poll: Are we making the playoffs this year?
This poll is closed.
Yes
54.12%
46 54.12%
No
45.88%
39 45.88%
Total 85 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we making the playoffs this year?
Don't forget the power of momentum. Our schedule lightens up a bit and if we get on a roll with winning, who knows where it'll end.

I see as making the playoffs, but it might be as a WC. I also can see all the non-Brown AFCN teams making the playoffs this year.

It'll be an interesting season, to say the least.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
As positive as Lap tries to be, even he said, if they lose tonight, some doors will get closed. I'm guessing that he probably means door closes for the division or playoffs, because if they lose tonight, 1-5 is pretty much a given.

Since 2011 they have only lost 2 home games in a row, once in 2012 with the bye week sandwiched in between.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, i think we will come out of the first 6 games 3-3, after that the schedule gets really easy.

The coaches scheme will start to catch on with the newer players, Ogbuehi will start to play better as the season
goes on, Lafell and Boyd will build chemistry with Dalton, Eifert will be back. On Defense our DL will get better with
the progression of Hunt and Clarke, Linebackers will improve with Burfict back and i doubt the Secondary has a
worse game than the one against the Broncos this year, dropping interceptions etc.

Still calling 11-5 or better.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 03:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i think we will come out of the first 6 games 3-3, after that the schedule gets really easy.

The coaches scheme will start to catch on with the newer players, Ogbuehi will start to play better as the season
goes on, Lafell and Boyd will build chemistry with Dalton, Eifert will be back. On Defense our DL will get better with
the progression of Hunt and Clarke, Linebackers will improve with Burfict back and i doubt the Secondary has a
worse game than the one against the Broncos this year, dropping interceptions etc.

Still calling 11-5 or better.

I am very curious, how do you figure it gets "really easy"?  I agree that the first six games are probably the most difficult, but I don't see it really being easy.  Five division games, on the road at Houston and the Giants, plus the Eagles at home.  Plus they play Washington in London, where just about anything could happen. I think the Bengals are going to have their work cut out for them this entire year.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 03:33 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I am very curious, how do you figure it gets "really easy"?  I agree that the first six games are probably the most difficult, but I don't see it really being easy.  Five division games, on the road at Houston and the Giants, plus the Eagles at home.  Plus they play Washington in London, where just about anything could happen. I think the Bengals are going to have their work cut out for them this entire year.

I agree that some of these teams have improved over the Offseason especially the Giants and Eagles but we
should beat the Redskins no matter where we play them. We won't get swept by the Steelers, we always are
tough on the Ravens, the Browns are in rebuild. I say we go 4-2 in the Division losing once to the Browns and
Sweeping the Ravens.

We might lose to the Texans and Giants but i doubt the Eagles beat us in our place.

Still saying 11-5 if we get out of the first 6 at .500 or better.

Cake schedule compared to how we open up and our team should get better once all the things i mention in
my first post start to come together.
Reply/Quote
Reading this thread now, is mildly hilarious. We were 1-2 at the time of voting.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Time to sharpen your sobbing into your pillow skills before it's too late. The Bengals are probably not going to go to the super bowl this season and if some really strange twist of fate happens that is completely unforseeable by any rational and sane person and they do make it to the lightning round our fearless and relentless leadership has a plan to ensure we once again go one and done . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 11:15 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Reading this thread now, is mildly hilarious. We were 1-2 at the time of voting.

I don't see anything hilarious, and I didn't even vote or post. So no reason for me to be defensive. Sure, we looked bad through 3 games, but tons of teams turn it around after a 1-2 start. Not to mention we had reasons to be hopeful at the time. Burfict and Eifert hadn't played yet. Multiple new.pieces would (hopefully) only get better.

At the time, I had a bad feeling about the season, but I also still had some hope that an annual playoff team would find a way to turn it around.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Sorry, I wasn't replying to you, I just re-read the whole thread in general - lol. I agree about Burfict and Eifert, but the writing was on the wall. It's funny to me, sorry it isn't to you...most people in the poll though we'd make the playoffs. Some of the few here did stick to their guns (6-10), etc. Fred saying "Where do you see 7 losses" is funny.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 12:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Sorry, I wasn't replying to you, I just re-read the whole thread in general - lol. I agree about Burfict and Eifert, but the writing was on the wall. It's funny to me, sorry it isn't to you...most people in the poll though we'd make the playoffs. Some of the few here did stick to their guns (6-10), etc. Fred saying "Where do you see 7 losses" is funny.

Ok. Anything involving Fred being wrong is at least mildly funny. I wasn't so optimistic myself, but I get why people weren't throwing in the towel after 3 games. Heck, the team started 3-5 in 2012 and went on to finish 10-6. But yeah I agree "the writing was on the wall" early. Even though I don't blame folks for not giving up after 3 games, you could really sense that the o-line was going to be a massive problem all season.

Btw..I know you weren't replying to me. I just said that was my first post in the thread.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Well, ya know Ruben..some people take the game far too seriously AS IF it's a personal thing AS IF the team loses ONLY to piss them off..
I can see it now.. Mike Brown reads their post then orders the team to play poorly so that one particular poster goes completely off the rails and throws a brick through their TV screen because ol Mikey owns stock in new TV sales .. There's just no limits to crazy conspiracy theories when it comes to Mike Brown and losing .. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am still not ready to change my vote.  We still have a solid .06% chance of making the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 11:15 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Reading this thread now, is mildly hilarious. We were 1-2 at the time of voting.

(12-11-2016, 12:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Sorry, I wasn't replying to you, I just re-read the whole thread in general - lol. I agree about Burfict and Eifert, but the writing was on the wall. It's funny to me, sorry it isn't to you...most people in the poll though we'd make the playoffs. Some of the few here did stick to their guns (6-10), etc. Fred saying "Where do you see 7 losses" is funny.

Didn't think Og would be as bad as he was or the coaching would be so terrible.

It almost seems like the coaches intentionally lost games it has been so bad.

Still have a chance to go 8-7-1 and make the Playoffs. Slim i know but it is possible.
Reply/Quote
Looking at the two scenarios we have a very small chance.

win division

we win out.
steelers lose out. not likely. last game against browns.
ravens lose 3 of 4. lose to patriots likely. eagles not likely. win steelers toss up.

wildcard

we win out
ravens lose 3. lose to patriots likely. lose against eagles or steelers. 50 percent chance.
broncos lose out. might happen. they play 3 good teams all better than them.
dolphins lose out. possible. lost qb for the season. two games away. game vs patriots
titans or texans lose 2 games. likely
bills lose 1 other game. very likely
colts lose 1 other game. very likely
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 08:43 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: looking at the two scenarios. i think wildcard is most likely chance to sqeak into playoffs.

win division

we win out.
ravens lose 3 of 4.  lose to patriots likely. eagles not likely. win steelers toss up.

wildcard

we win out
titans lose 2 of 3. lose to chiefs likely.  they lose against either jaguars away or texans at home. 50 percent chance

We need help to get past the Colts?  Good grief.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Question 
(12-11-2016, 08:43 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Looking at the two scenarios I think wildcard is the only likely chance to squeak into playoffs. The complexity of this means I actually now hope for ravens to lose to the Steelers simply because getting wildcard is only chance to make playoffs.

win division

we win out.
ravens lose 3 of 4.  lose to patriots likely. eagles not likely. win steelers toss up.

wildcard

we win out
ravens lose 3 of 4.  lose to patriots likely. lose against eagles or steelers. 50 percent chance.
titans lose 2 of 3. lose to chiefs likely.  they lose against either jaguars away or texans at home. 50 percent chance
You forgot the Dolphins are 8-5
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 08:54 PM)86AD Wrote: You forgot the Dolphins are 8-5

i added that. dolphins would have to lose out.  not likely because they play bills and jets. too many hurdles to climb now. chances to make playoffs is now almost impossible.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:01 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: i added that. dolphins would have to lose out.  not likely because they play bills and jets. too many hurdles to climb now. chances to make playoffs is now almost impossible.

[Image: 9d875506add7fa10dd453c27955c8b05fbe1f79d...5298b3.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
If we had just had a below average field goal kicker instead of an abomination like Nugent we would have beaten Washington. We'd have the edge against the dolphins because we beat them. We win out and would have had to hope the dolphins would lose to the patriots and either the jets or bills. Which could have happened. Nugent cost us probably 3 games this season. If he's back people should throw away season tickets and boycott Bengals games.
Reply/Quote
The Dolphins could very well lose out as well. @Jets, @Bills, and then vs Patriots. They're better than both the Jets and the Bills, but Tannehill injured his knee today. If he's out for those away games, it's within the realm of possibility Miami doesn't win again.

I just want the Bengals to win out, probably not doing much in the playoffs if we get there anyways.
Reply/Quote