Poll: KC or Baltimore
Chiefs
Ravens
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
As a Bengals fan, who to root for ...
(01-29-2024, 12:11 AM)Nepa Wrote:  But Campbell is overly stubborn for going on 4th down when the FG makes sense. Getting stopped on 4th down and yards to go up by 14, instead of taking the FG, was just what the 49ers needed to get back in the game and their hope back when all seemed lost for them. Those two FG he decided against came back to bite them in a 3-point loss. And against Dallas he stuck to it on a 2-point try even when they had a long ways to go, after two penalty plays, and they only needed the extra point to go to overtime. There's aggressiveness and their stubbornness. At some point players will become aggravated they worked so hard only to come away empty handed.

Lions are laden with talent, but they lost a golden opportunity to be in the Super Bowl.

Yep. I will never understand going for it on fourth down when you're up 2 scores and in easy field goal range. Taylor has made a few of those dumb calls in his time here as well. Take the points!!!
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 09:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I get Bengals fans want to hate on all other things AFC North, but Lamar is talented. He had a pretty good playoff game just last week. 

The interception was stupid, but I wonder how many Bengal fans would be calling PI if it happened to us. 

Lamar is arguably the most physically gifted QB in the league.  He's objectively a lot of fun to watch(if he's not playing your team). He's a great QB.  He wouldn't be starting in the NFL if he wasn't.  But, there's levels to it.  With a 2-4 career playoff record, 12 turnovers in 6 playoff games, and a career playoff passer rating of around 75, it just doesn't seem like he has that extra gear that the all time greats have.  
Reply/Quote
a 50+ yard field goal isnt a guarantee. I dont blame Campbell there on 4th down

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 01:08 AM)Whatever Wrote: Lamar is arguably the most physically gifted QB in the league.  He's objectively a lot of fun to watch(if he's not playing your team). He's a great QB.  He wouldn't be starting in the NFL if he wasn't.  But, there's levels to it.  With a 2-4 career playoff record, 12 turnovers in 6 playoff games, and a career playoff passer rating of around 75, it just doesn't seem like he has that extra gear that the all time greats have.  

There has always been excuses about his lack of weapons but this year was by far the best he’s ever had.

Four 1st round WR’s in Flowers, Bateman, OBJ, and Agholor, plus a top 3 TE.

Dude still only completed 54% of his passes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Lamar stinks in the postseason. I dont want to hear any excuses. He is what he is. Regular season stud. That's all

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 07:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Like clockwork. Lamar turns into Andy Dalton in the playoffs.

Careful, you are about to rile up the Dalton gang in this thread.  Mellow

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSXH6g9jfPWshcpQLWFBk...s&usqp=CAU]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 08:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Gimme Zac Taylor and his team that actually has composure over this “tough AFC North football” any day.

Nope give me "tough AFC North Bengals" any day.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493bjfegzd4y9qejw37d0fh...w.gif&ct=g] 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 10:18 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Not going to be able to stomach the Lions winning it before us.

The only franchise in the league besides the Browns who were more than a shitshow than us and they have Goff throwing ducks.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I know he didn’t have a first round grade but god I wanted Laporta back in April.

Got to hand it to Campbell we say Taylor is a leader of men but I think Lions players would genuinely die for him.

Let's be honest here both the Lions and Browns have NFL World Championships. The fans of both teams went to their respected graves knowing 100% that their team had reached the very top of their sport.

[Image: PlainDealerCartoon.jpg] 
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 01:59 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lamar stinks in the postseason. I dont want to hear any excuses. He is what he is. Regular season stud. That's all

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2BQ6_-VWdGPXUqk6YJ6D...Q&usqp=CAU]
Reply/Quote
2023 AFC North playoff teams

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ058ZBRNuYK7uIZYvHWo5...s&usqp=CAU]

[Image: 8dxo6d.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I was rooting for the Lions.....

This will be the 2nd super bowl in a row that I won't watch. (I have to stay up late here in Madrid).
Reply/Quote
As much as I hate the Ravens I think I hate the chiefs more. Just for the simple fact of Mahomes fans. I wish the Bills would have just won their game vs the chiefs.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 01:10 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: a 50+ yard field goal isnt a guarantee. I dont blame Campbell there on 4th down

The first one in the 2nd half would have been a 45-yard field goal and should be nearly automatic in good conditions. At that point, Detroit was dominating and up by 14. They would have then been back to a 17-point lead with about 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I'm sure 49er fans and the team were delighted to have Campbell go for it, because it seemed their only hope at the time to keep the game down to two scores. They were emotionally dead at that point. The fans and team were invigorated after that 4th down failure.

The second was 4th and 3 at the 30, so a 47-yard field goal. 
Reply/Quote
I was hoping Balt would win, only to lose in the SB.

Next SB Cincy Vs Det.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 09:20 AM)Nepa Wrote: The first one in the 2nd half would have been a 45-yard field goal and should be nearly automatic in good conditions. At that point, Detroit was dominating and up by 14. They would have then been back to a 17-point lead with about 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I'm sure 49er fans and the team were delighted to have Campbell go for it, because it seemed their only hope at the time to keep the game down to two scores. They were emotionally dead at that point. The fans and team were invigorated after that 4th down failure.

The second was 4th and 3 at the 30, so a 47-yard field goal. 

Yep you've gotta kick those FGs. They did so at the end of the 2nd Quarter and you should be kicking in those spots as well.

Like you've said, there's also the emotional swing. I'd say a missed FG is less of an emotional swing as a defence getting a big stop on 4th down is, but ultimately the Lions Defence had to come out and get the stop and they couldn't do it.
Reply/Quote
The Ravens, who were the number one rushing offense by a wide margin in the regular season, ran the ball only 11 times against KC's 28th ranked run defense. They only ran 3 times on early downs. Harbaugh, or the OC, just had a horrible game plan.

Not to mention players being absolutely undisciplined.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 10:32 AM)Nepa Wrote: The Ravens, who were the number one rushing offense by a wide margin in the regular season, ran the ball only 11 times against KC's 28th ranked run defense. They only ran 3 times on early downs. Harbaugh, or the OC, just had a horrible game plan.

Not to mention players being absolutely undisciplined.

It did seem strange that they abandoned their strength on offense especially since they weren't down multiple scores where they were forced to throw to play quick points catch up. I suppose Lamar determined the Chiefs were taking away the run?
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 06:15 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: As much as I hate the Ravens I think I hate the chiefs more. Just for the simple fact of Mahomes fans. I wish the Bills would have just won their game vs the chiefs.

KC-Segment of the fan base is annoying, Swifties, Mahomes hype can get a bit ridiculous (though he is the best in league ATM), league darlings.

Baltimore -Har-bawl, segment of the fan base is ridiculous, Red Dot, a murderer is the franchise's most celebrated figure, bush league tactics(Roquan Smith, repeatedly targeting Mahomes head), Lamar Jackson apologists, Lamar hype can get a bit ridiculous (especially considering he's a game manager that can run), ownership is so far up Goodell's ass it's not even funny(Flip Gate).
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 11:11 AM)Whatever Wrote: KC-Segment of the fan base is annoying, Swifties, Mahomes hype can get a bit ridiculous (though he is the best in league ATM), league darlings.

Baltimore -Har-bawl, segment of the fan base is ridiculous, Red Dot, a murderer is the franchise's most celebrated figure, bush league tactics(Roquan Smith, repeatedly targeting Mahomes head), Lamar Jackson apologists, Lamar hype can get a bit ridiculous (especially considering he's a game manager that can run), ownership is so far up Goodell's ass it's not even funny(Flip Gate).

I've got to deal with someone who makes pictures of Burrow as glass Joe from punch-out and him constantly talking shit about the Bengals because we can't win a SB
 Plus a lot more nonsense. I can't wait until we beat the chiefs multiple times next season.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 11:06 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It did seem strange that they abandoned their strength on offense especially since they weren't down multiple scores where they were forced to throw to play quick points catch up. I suppose Lamar determined the Chiefs were taking away the run?

I checked the stats and there were only 6 RB carries for the Ravens and 2 WR runs, and I think 3 of Lamar's runs were designed runs. Very strange against one of the poorest run-defenses in the league and given the Ravens top-ranked run offense.  And the three RB carries in the first half were quite successful. Just a total meltdown by the  Raven's offense which was so explosive all year. I think that falls on the OC. They can't fire him, I would imagine, because of such a good regular season, but he seemed to have gotten too smart for himself on the big stage, especially when it was clear Lamar was not having a good game.
Reply/Quote