Poll: Which position group needs the most love?
This poll is closed.
QB
1.35%
1 1.35%
WR
4.05%
3 4.05%
TE
0%
0 0%
RB
2.70%
2 2.70%
DL
25.68%
19 25.68%
LB
58.11%
43 58.11%
S
6.76%
5 6.76%
CB
1.35%
1 1.35%
Total 74 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Aside from OL, what position group do the Bengals need most improvement?
(12-29-2016, 03:45 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I equate picking Peppers to picking a guy like Tim Tebow. Good player. Excellent athlete. Not good enough to play any one role in the NFL and will ultimately be a wasted pick.

But sometimes those athletes carve a role out. It's just a high risk to draft someone with no true role in the first round.
So this means the FO will insist on drafting Peppers with first pick.  Smirk    There are several positions of need well documented on this board. I hope they select players who excel at these need positions....I have very little confidence in the Bengal draft machine. Cry
Reply/Quote
I do
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 07:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I say LB.  The Bengals LB corps looks old, fat, and slow.  The sorry part is, this is the best that they have to put out there.  Burfict, our only pseudo-Star at the position, is often injured, suspended, and far from lean.  For quite some time, the organization has short changed the LB position with mid to late round picks, UDFAs, and "bargain" Free Agents.  

The Bengals haven't invested a serious draft pick on the LB position since Rey Maualuga (2nd round) and Keith Rivers (1st).  Anyone else feel like it's high time for the Bengals to heavily invest in the position of LB?  I mean, our guys are very average at stopping the run, below average in covering the pass, we have virtually no one that can roam sideline to sideline, in the traditional sense.

excited about vigil...

But a Impact LB is never a bad thing..

Defensive END has to be a big need     Everyone other than dunlap could be upgraded.
I would say DT but I feel with billings next year we might be okay.
Reply/Quote
I voted LB as the position that needs the MOST improvement. but its the D-line that I think needs the 1st pick( depends on who is there). I think the line will be better with Billings and a beast of a DE in the draft and a DT in a later round. Its never the sexy pick but the D line can make the whole D better or at least seem better than they really are, just like the Oline is making the Offense look worse than they really are. The LB group we have is just a mess and needs the majority of attention. I would try to get 2 LB's out of the first 4 rounds but of course we need a C. So it will look something like this. 1st DE 2nd-C/LB 3rd LB/RB 4th DT/S/TE
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 12:44 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I voted LB as the position that needs the MOST improvement. but its the D-line that I think needs the 1st pick( depends on who is there). I think the line will be better with Billings and a beast of a DE in the draft and a DT in a later round. Its never the sexy pick but the D line can make the whole D better or at least seem better than they really are, just like the Oline is making the Offense look worse than they really are. The LB group we have is just a mess and needs the majority of attention. I would try to get 2 LB's out of the first 4 rounds but of course we need a C. So it will look something like this. 1st DE 2nd-C/LB 3rd LB/RB 4th DT/S/TE
Completely agree but in trading down here's what could happen.
My mocks have looked like this after trading down to 22 and getting  extra second and third rounders 1st round raquan McMillan lb osu 2nd round taco Charlton DE Michigan c pat elflien osu 3rd round Kendall beckwith lb lsu demarcus Walker DE/dt  4th round deonte foreman rb Florida.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 07:30 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Completely agree but in trading down here's what could happen.
My mocks have looked like this after trading down to 22 and getting  extra second and third rounders 1st round raquan McMillan lb osu 2nd round taco Charlton DE Michigan c pat elflien osu 3rd round Kendall beckwith lb lsu demarcus Walker DE/dt  4th round deonte foreman rb Florida.

Unfortunately, we could trade for all the draft picks in the world...but historically...we'll be lucky to have 1 starter out of this upcoming draft.

That's why we need to sign free agents.
Reply/Quote
I'd focus on the offensive and defensive lines. We're going to need a C, possible a T depending on what they do with Ced, a DT, and a DE.

On top of that, we need to replace Dansby with a younger, faster LB.

CB is a need if Kirkpatrick leaves. Also, a Safety that can cover passes is a need.

And...a KICKER.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 11:02 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd focus on the offensive and defensive lines. We're going to need a C, possible a T depending on what they do with Ced, a DT, and a DE.

On top of that, we need to replace Dansby with a younger, faster LB.

CB is a need if Kirkpatrick leaves. Also, a DBs coach that can optimize play of the Safeties, like Vance Joseph did.
And...a KICKER.
better
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote