Poll: Which position group needs the most love?
This poll is closed.
QB
1.35%
1 1.35%
WR
4.05%
3 4.05%
TE
0%
0 0%
RB
2.70%
2 2.70%
DL
25.68%
19 25.68%
LB
58.11%
43 58.11%
S
6.76%
5 6.76%
CB
1.35%
1 1.35%
Total 74 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Aside from OL, what position group do the Bengals need most improvement?
(12-26-2016, 12:42 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think our pick should be either WR or Edge Dline. There are some high quality prospects at the top of the draft that could realistically be available for us at each position. LB isn't a huge need for us, in my opinion. We have Rey, Vigil, Burfict and Dawson. That can be fleshed out in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Michael Johnson needs to become a reserve. Bad. He just doesn't have the impact you want out of a starting DE.

As for WR, I feel like Saturday was Core's trial by fire and he failed pretty miserably. Boyd is okay but he just doesn't have a lot of ability to separate from coverage. if Green goes down, WR is the worst position group on this team by far and, as we know, Andy needs impact targets to flourish. He is a good QB but he doesn't make his teammates better. His teammates make him better. Mike Williams or Corey Davis would look so good in Orange and Black...

What are you talking about Dalton doesn't make his weapons better? I can't name one receiver that has better stats with another QB than they did a year with Dalton. Sanu with Ryan, nope. Jones with Stafford, nope (and he should have done much better considering his corcumstance). Simpson with a few different QBs, nope. Gresham with Palmer, nope. Tate with Taylor, nope. So if receivers are constantly having their career years with Dalton that means that he can't make his teammates play better.... Lol, ok.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 08:05 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yes it is.

What we really need is a superstar pass rusher,someone that can sack the qb all the time.I would take the best pass rusher available with the first pick.this is what this team has needed for decades.Everyone that has been drafted to be a pass rusher has failed.I find it hard to believe that this organization can't find someone out there to kill qbs.

After that with the second pick I am going after the best linebacker available.Need depth at defense.I would spend my first 3 picks on top defensive players and then with the 4th I get the best OL dude on the board.You win with top lineman.You cannot win in the nfl without the best O-Line and the Best D-line and we have NEITHER.wE HAVE WIDE RECEIVERS,running backs, tightends galore,but no one can do anything unless your lines are the best.Look at what dallas has done this year because they have the best O-line in football.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 08:54 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote:
What we really need is a superstar pass rusher,someone that can sack the qb all the time.I would take the best pass rusher available with the first pick.this is what this team has needed for decades.Everyone that has been drafted to be a pass rusher has failed.I find it hard to believe that this organization can't find someone out there to kill qbs.

After that with the second pick I am going after the best linebacker available.Need depth at defense.I would spend my first 3 picks on top defensive players and then with the 4th I get the best OL dude on the board.You win with top lineman.You cannot win in the nfl without the best O-Line and the Best D-line and we have NEITHER.wE HAVE WIDE RECEIVERS,running backs, tightends galore,but no one can do anything unless your lines are the best.Look at what dallas has done this year because they have the best O-line in football.

Those guys don't just grow on trees.  Why else do you think that they are the highest paid position, other than QB?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 05:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: MJ played pretty good against the Bills. Other than that he has had a very disappointing season to say the least.

I thought he would be a breakout player this year too. Boy was i wrong. Great man but we need a good pass rusher at RE.

maybe for the same reason he was available after being gone one season????
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds exactly what we need. Would love Elfein in the 1st now.

New O-line coach, new OC, Elfein and a veteran RT and this Offense could be great.
Let's see how he does in the upcoming Fiesta Bowl before deciding if he is worthy of such a high pick. I hope so, but doubt it.
Reply/Quote
Check out McGlinchey from Notre Dame n his LG Mate. Both are great prospects for the NFL. The only bright spot on the Irish team was the offensive line
Reply/Quote
If Rueben Foster is there when we pick and he is not the pick my remote might go into the TV.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 12:34 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: If Rueben Foster is there when we pick and he is not the pick my remote might go into the TV.

You should start shopping for a replacement now.

[Image: $_35.JPG]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 04:31 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: What are you talking about Dalton doesn't make his weapons better? I can't name one receiver that has better stats with another QB than they did a year with Dalton. Sanu with Ryan, nope. Jones with Stafford, nope (and he should have done much better considering his corcumstance). Simpson with a few different QBs, nope. Gresham with Palmer, nope. Tate with Taylor, nope. So if receivers are constantly having their career years with Dalton that means that he can't make his teammates play better.... Lol, ok.

Before I respond, are you one of those people who will defend Dalton to the death of all things regardless of anything anyone says or are you a reasonable thinker?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 10:19 PM)Derrick Wrote: maybe for the same reason he was available after being gone one season????

Yeah, but he was banged up. I thought after getting healthy he might have a breakout season, but nope.

(12-27-2016, 10:27 PM)Derrick Wrote: Let's see how he does in the upcoming Fiesta Bowl before deciding if he is worthy of such a high pick. I hope so, but doubt it.

Looks like we are getting a higher pick than i thought and Elfein might still be available with our pick in the 2nd.

I just want a decent Center, if we get one lots of things can come together for us.

You are right though, lets see how he does in the bowl game before even thinking about him in the 1st.

(12-27-2016, 10:35 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Check out McGlinchey from Notre Dame n his LG Mate.  Both are great prospects for the NFL.  The only bright spot on the Irish team was the offensive line

Sounds good.

(12-28-2016, 12:34 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: If Rueben Foster is there when we pick and he is not the pick my remote might go into the TV.

Foster is a great run stopper but i would rather have an athletic LB that can both cover and stop the run.

Reminds me of the Perryman LB last year but Foster is more versatile than him.
Reply/Quote

After Jabrill Peppers, Foster is probably my next choice as whom I think the Bengals should take with their first pick. I will say that he does fill more of a need than Peppers does.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 02:27 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: After Jabrill Peppers, Foster is probably my next choice as whom I think the Bengals should take with their first pick. I will say that he does fill more of a need than Peppers does.

I know you weren't talking to me and i love Peppers as a playmaker but the guy is not good in coverage and only
had 1 interception this year that was deflected into the air in the OSU game. He is not a Cornerback or a Safety from
what i have seen and is too small to play Linebacker.

I would pass on Peppers in the first round, especially at our pick which will be pretty early.

We need a pass rushing End opposite of Dunlap. Derek Barnett is who i want the most out of Tennessee.
Reply/Quote
Lb Foster. De Barnette, OT McGlinchey, are my top 3. You can make a case for either one. Peppers is too small for LB n too slow for safety. Quick twitch wise. He's kinda like Thompson from Panthers or Buchanan from the Cardinals.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 02:52 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Lb Foster. De Barnette, OT McGlinchey,  are my top 3.  You can make a case for either one.   Peppers is too small for LB n too slow for safety. Quick twitch wise.    He's kinda like Thompson from Panthers or Buchanan from the Cardinals.

I don't know if Peppers is too slow for Safety, i just don't know if he is good enough in coverage.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 03:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't know if Peppers is too slow for Safety, i just don't know if he is good enough in coverage.

In my eyes, Peppers would be most effective in what I would call a "Strong Nickel", where a team lines up in a sort of 4-2-5 with the 5th DB being LB/S hybrid type, like Peppers.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 02:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know you weren't talking to me and i love Peppers as a playmaker but the guy is not good in coverage and only
had 1 interception this year that was deflected into the air in the OSU game. He is not a Cornerback or a Safety from

I would pass on Peppers in the first round, especially at our pick which will be pretty early.

We need a pass rushing End opposite of Dunlap. Derek Barnett is who i want the most out of Tennessee.

That was the only one of his career :-) So yeah, he's pretty bad in coverage, and only has 119 (86 solo)  total tackles in his career. I would almost bet he's going to be a bust
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 11:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In my eyes, Peppers would be most effective in what I would call a "Strong Nickel", where a team lines up in a sort of 4-2-5 with the 5th DB being LB/S hybrid type, like Peppers.

Sounds about right and you don't draft that guy in the first round, ever.

(12-29-2016, 11:58 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: That was the only one of his career :-) So yeah, he's pretty bad in coverage, and only has 119 (86 solo)  total tackles in his career. I would almost bet he's going to be a bust

Could be.

I could also see the guy being a gamechanging type of returner and he does have a high IQ so he might
learn how to cover and become a decent Safety or as Sunset says here a Strong Nickel. You just don't draft
this guy early, atleast we shouldn't.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 02:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know you weren't talking to me and i love Peppers as a playmaker but the guy is not good in coverage and only

I equate picking Peppers to picking a guy like Tim Tebow. Good player. Excellent athlete. Not good enough to play any one role in the NFL and will ultimately be a wasted pick.

But sometimes those athletes carve a role out. It's just a high risk to draft someone with no true role in the first round.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 03:45 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I equate picking Peppers to picking a guy like Tim Tebow. Good player. Excellent athlete. Not good enough to play any one role in the NFL and will ultimately be a wasted pick.

But sometimes those athletes carve a role out. It's just a high risk to draft someone with no true role in the first round.

Couldn't agree more CJD.

I wouldn't be against grabbing up Jabril if he fell a few rounds but we would have to have a coach that
could coach him into something. I liked Coyle in the past but this year the Secondary was clearly worse
than last year. Maybe him and the players just needed to adjust to the rest of the changes but still...

Don't pick Peppers early please.

We need a pass rusher or an athletic LB in the first round this year IMHO. Followed by a decent Center.
Reply/Quote
Watching this smallish Georgia Inside LB # 3 ROQUAN SMITH all over the field making some solid "decleating" type hits against TCU.
Reply/Quote