Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Austin fired
Haslett is former coach of the year. That being said, statistically, he only had one really good defensive season. I don't think the roster benefitted him though

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:00 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Glory be. Hallelujah. 

Now let’s hope the Front Office doesn’t double down on stupid and hire someone even worse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:46 AM)pally Wrote: Per Josina Anderson and James Rapian. Also Katherine Terrell
Katherine Terrell got fired too?   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:55 AM)pally Wrote: Hue cones in as a special asst head coach which allows Marv the time to be hands on with defense

Hue is a loser
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:03 PM)Trademark Wrote: Please hire Del Rio...Haslett is trash

...or Rex Ryan.
Reply/Quote
I honestly cant believe this.

I think the bigger story here is that this has now happened twice in two years after never happening in the previous 49 years. I think Marvin has more control over this team than any other coach in Bengals history. Incredible.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:55 AM)pally Wrote: Hue cones in as a special asst head coach which allows Marv the time to be hands on with defense

Having watched Hue in Hard Knocks and then reading his comments after being fired from the Browns I don't want him anywhere near this team again.  Nothing but excuses and throwing everyone under the bus with no personal accountability for his failures.  Bengals have enough problems with coaches, read Marvin, that can't motivate players and coach them up.  Hue is soft and we don't need more soft coaches on this team, one head coach like that is enough.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't it have been nice if they did this after the Tampa debacle so that the new DC could have a bye week to help establish his defensive terms, ideologies, gameplans etc?
Reply/Quote
[Image: Ai0Qw21.gif]

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:53 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Happy he’s gone by in reality he’s just another Marvin Lewis scapegoat. We just keep beating around the bush of not firing Marvin Lewis. We fired Zampese last year and now Austin. This offseason we brought in all new coaches expect for Lewis. The head coach is the problem it’s obviously but we keep window dressing with assistant coaches we need to tear down the foundation and rebuild the house.

(11-12-2018, 11:53 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: And the cockroach Marv survives his job again! Simply amazing. Please someone explain how this is.

I agree that Marvin is terrible at game planning and in-game management, but you’re both acting like Marvin has anything to do with the defensive calls.

He might throw out recommendations like “we want to do this more,” but the d coordinator calls his own game. And a good coordinator adjusts.

I’m just hoping the new guy brings pressure so we can finally get some turnovers and get Geno back on his game.

I’m excited!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:04 PM)Trademark Wrote: Hue is a loser

If The Bengals could wisen up, they better bring Hue back because Lazor is gone soon as a HC & id happily take Hue waiting in the wings to fill the spot that had this offense flourishing just a coupla short years ago.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
I just want a coach on the sideline. Holding players accountable

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Too bad it wasn't Merv too, but this absolutely needed to be done.  Hard to fathom that this FO has fired coordinators in two consecutive seasons.  That's unprecedented for Son of Paul.  Even though the results are not what we want, I have to admit that they are still bucking past trends, starting this past off season.

It only takes incredible levels of ineptitude to do it. 

Progress, right? Heaven for bid we're forward thinking, but I digress.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:06 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Wouldn't it have been nice if they did this after the Tampa debacle so that the new DC could have a bye week to help establish his defensive terms, ideologies, gameplans etc?

My sentiments exactly.....we almost typed this at the same time in two different threads. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:07 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I just want a coach on the sideline. Holding players accountable

You're still a Bengals fan?  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:08 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: It only takes incredible levels of ineptitude to do it. 

Progress, right? Heaven for bid we're forward thinking, but I digress.

Sadly, that IS progress here..... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Too bad it wasn't Merv too, but this absolutely needed to be done.  Hard to fathom that this FO has fired coordinators in two consecutive seasons.  That's unprecedented for Son of Paul.  Even though the results are not what we want, I have to admit that they are still bucking past trends, starting this past off season.

No doubt it needed done. But it should have happened two weeks ago like all things Bengals, to little, to late. Probably should never got job to begin with but that's another story.

Having said that they need to buck the biggest trend of all and get rid of Marvin Lewis as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...or Rex Ryan.

No, no and no some more; his schemes are great for a few years, then things become stagnant (see Jets, Buffalo)...

Plus, he's a 3-4 guy and his demeanor/attitude sucks.

(11-12-2018, 12:07 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I just want a coach on the sideline. Holding players accountable

Not so much the latter, but I expressed the former earlier this year; Marv has made his coordinators come onto the field even if they didn't prior (Zampese, Gruden) as he wanted them with him.

Austin is the first coordinator since Bratkowski, to sit upstairs; now, this isn't the end-all, be-all to making a good unit, but I definitely think it holds the team back.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I agree that Marvin is terrible at game planning and in-game management, but you’re both acting like Marvin has anything to do with the defensive calls.

He might throw out recommendations like “we want to do this more,” but the d coordinator calls his own game. And a good coordinator adjusts.

I’m just hoping the new guy brings pressure so we can finally get some turnovers and get Geno back on his game.

I’m excited!

You serious, Clark? You agree Marv is terrible at these things and still think he deserves a pass? A good head-coach will see his (Austins) defenses have been by and large bad. But, sure, lets bring this guy in without interviewing many (any?) other candidates. Lets hand over the OC duties to Zamp because...he was familiar with the system. Two years in a row we've fired coordinators. While that's unheard of for us, so is the question to why these guy were hired in the first place.

Marv & MB are the disease we're not treating here. Everything else is just window dressing.
Reply/Quote
Not really surprised dude got fired writing was on the wall. Not sure Hasslet is the answer everyone is looking for though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote