Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Austin fired
(11-12-2018, 02:23 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Interesting observations. Given he has no heart, i suggest we move him to the D where he will feel more at home. 

Might not be a bad policy, he did play some CB. Ninja

Seriously though, he never even comes back into the frame on that deflection INT.  As long as that ball was in the air, you gotta at least try to break that up.  Apple set up like a CF on a pop fly.

EDIT: that INT was not a pick 6. It was the ball that was deflected very late in the game.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:14 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Marv & MB are the disease we're not treating here. Everything else is just window dressing.

Nailed it on Marv ! We can't do anything about MB, unfortunately. Best we can hope for is Mike cuts his Marvin cord.
Reply/Quote
I don't understand why he wasn't fired at the bye week so the franchise could bring in someone new. Haslett is not the answer.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 02:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Nailed it on Marv ! We can't do anything about MB, unfortunately. Best we can hope for is Mike cuts his Marvin cord.

I get it... but it still makes me feel less than optimistic with how things may turn out when we have MB still making those decisions. Clearly he isn't going to fire himself, but clearly this team is pretty much f**ked until MB is no longer in charge of anything in the Bengals decision making process.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:59 PM)3wt Wrote: True story.   To rack up 10 points against KC and 14 against the Saints is tragic.

I was at the game and am not the most reliable witness.   But my impression was that the only time the QB took snaps under center was when we ran the ball - so we unnecessarily telegraphed our run plays and all they had to do was load the box.

Hopkins is a better center than guard

Andy needs to stop underthrowing his long balls - particularly with Ross, but he does the same with AJ

There were some really nicely designed plays by Lazor - some nifty screens and the RPO with Driscoll.   But after the scripted plays there was no sense of an overall game plan to execute.

And it looked like they benched Mixon at the end of the first half.   Don't know what that was about.

The overarching feeling with this team is that no one really has a good vision for what we need to be doing and how we're supposed to adjust to the opponent's adjustments.  

And they are the worst tackling team I've ever seen.

I agree that Hopkins is better center than guard which makes me think next year, try Price at RG.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Just saw that Marvin is taking over DC responsibilities. Great. Dude cant handle his responsibilities now...so lets give him more!

I'm pretty sure that Marv has done this before, back when Leslie Frazier was DC. If that is any comfort.

(11-12-2018, 12:40 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Smoke and mirrors. Gruden built that offense and Hue destroyed it with whiffs on draft picks. Is too gimmicky and now has horrible track record as HC. The interim Greg Williams has a third of Hues win totals in just a few weeks and may pass him this year still. 

Please do not bring Hue in here to be HC.

It's tough to defend Hue, but I'll give it a try. Gregg Williams is getting wins with a roster Hue helped build, but never got a chance to coach. At least not without a cancerous Todd Haley gunning for his job and sowing discord with Hue to help achieve his goal. Those first 2 years were obvious tank jobs, so IMO Hue never got a real shot to coach the Browns. It's a shame, because he'll probably never coach again thanks to public perception revolving around that abysmal record.

As for his time in Cincy, he only coached one of the best offenses in team history. What happened afterwards with Zampese wasn't Hue's fault. Nor was it Hue's fault that Sir Elton wanted Bodine, Ogbuehi and Fisher. Those are the picks that cost the offense a few years.

(11-12-2018, 02:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: This.  The offense was putrid yesterday, no doubt to it.  Having said that, if they had played lights out, they probably still lose something like 51-28 or so.  The offense was bad, but got knocked out of their gameplan as a result of the defense literally being turnstiles.  It was pretty much like the KC game, save for Mixon actually playing well yesterday, all things considered.

I will add that when the defense allows the opposing offense to build a quick 2 TD lead, it makes our offense one dimensional and allows the opposing defense to send everyone back in coverage and deploy their best edge rushers. 

The offense was bad yesterday, but they've easily been the better unit this year. You just can't be reasonably be mad they didn't hang 52 points to win. You could say that a SB type of offense could do that, but I'd respond by saying a SB level defense wouldn't necessitate that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 03:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I will add that when the defense allows the opposing offense to build a quick 2 TD lead, it makes our offense one dimensional and allows the opposing defense to send everyone back in coverage and deploy their best edge rushers. 

The offense was bad yesterday, but they've easily been the better unit this year. You just can't expect them to hang 52 points to win. You could say that a SB type of offense could do that, but I'd respond by saying a SB level defense wouldn't necessitate that.

Agree.  There are going to be games where you struggle on offense, there are going to be games where your best playmakers are out, and there will be games where you simply don't match up well.  That's when you need your defense to step up, or vice versa.  The defense has done that once this season, the offense, 4.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I don’t expect the offense to put up 50 points, but I do expect more than 14. Especially at home.

I’m becoming less and less impressed with Lazor as the season goes on. The fact that he continues to underuse Mixon is infuriating. Even before we got down big.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:05 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Having watched Hue in Hard Knocks and then reading his comments after being fired from the Browns I don't want him anywhere near this team again.  Nothing but excuses and throwing everyone under the bus with no personal accountability for his failures.  Bengals have enough problems with coaches, read Marvin, that can't motivate players and coach them up.  Hue is soft and we don't need more soft coaches on this team, one head coach like that is enough.

Hue probably learned his excuse-making attitude from Marvin and Brown. Those two always gave reasons for why things didn’t get accomplished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ross is just a liability out there. While at least (for once) he did not directly cause a turnover he is incredibly poor at playing the ball in the air (which showed on the deep ball INT) and also gives up on routes and such.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 03:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t expect the offense to put up 50 points, but I do expect more than 14. Especially at home.

I’m becoming less and less impressed with Lazor as the season goes on. The fact that he continues to underuse Mixon is infuriating. Even before we got down big.

Fair enough...and I agree on Lazor. The offense has been too hot/cold. It seems quality defenses and coaches have no problem slowing us down.

If it were up to me, I'd can the entire staff after the season and start from scratch with an offensive minded coach that can modernize this team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 1x73ymlkuwqofj6gxhd5vjt0yocc6u8]

That's a pretty cool jacket. I wonder if he would part with it since he wont need it anymore?  Cool

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:03 PM)Trademark Wrote: Please hire Del Rio...Haslett is trash

I like Del Rio.
Reply/Quote
If Haslett was any good he would have been promoted last year. Maybe they learned from the Zampese experiment
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
If not Del Rio, then I'd love to see them hire some YOUTH and ENTHUSIASM!
That's one thing I noticed while watching the Rams sideline, yesterday.
Reply/Quote
Brent Venables............ I'd also settle for Marcus Freeman
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
This is great news. You try something, it doesn't work, you move on. That is how it should be. In a perfect world we should either see improvements before this season ends or hire someone else to replace the interim coach.

Reply/Quote
Clueless sack of s*** should have been fired weeks ago. Let alone over the bye week Whatever

Better late than never, I guess
Reply/Quote
If the defense improves rather well by the end of the year with Marvin taking over defensive playcalling, could we see Marvin transitioned to DC and another person (possibly Hue because that was the succession plan prior to him going to CLE) taking over HC?

Just a thought, and possibly a dumb one.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 03:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I agree that Hopkins is better center than guard which makes me think next year, try Price at RG.  

No: draft one.

(11-12-2018, 05:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the defense improves rather well by the end of the year with Marvin taking over defensive playcalling, could we see Marvin transitioned to DC and another person (possibly Hue because that was the succession plan prior to him going to CLE) taking over HC?

Just a thought, and possibly a dumb one.

I think its super feasible...

But won't happen, because Marv has a bit too much pride.

If this was 10 years ago, I think he'd be satisfied at going back to a coordinator job. At this stage in the game? I'd deem it unlikely.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote